[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking with SPAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Mmmmm-Spam.jpg (91 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
Mmmmm-Spam.jpg
91 KB, 640x357
ok y'all . .
how do y'all cook with it? thoughts?
>>
File: brekky.jpg (109 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
brekky.jpg
109 KB, 1000x750
pic related is the only way I eat it..

There's just no better way than pan fried with rice and eggs.

Also jalapeno and hot and spicy are the best.
>>
>>7650512
This.

Goes alright on a pizza too.
>>
>>7650512
I concur
>>
>>7650494
Britchap here.

We don't often cook with spam, it's mainly a sandwich filler but some chippies do a Spam Fritter.
Which is basically a slice of spam, dipped in batter and deep fried, it's Ok desu.
>>
>>7650512
>There's just no better way than pan fried with buttered toast and eggs

ftfy
>>
>fry spam mix with hash
>fry spam, have with eggs and toast
>Deep fry spam, serve with potatos and gravy
>Grill spam, have with peppers and onions
>Out on a hike, pull out spam, fork.
>>
File: 6716l[1].jpg (59 KB, 594x440) Image search: [Google]
6716l[1].jpg
59 KB, 594x440
I make musubi probably once every other month.

It's pretty much the only way I eat spam, aside from maybe with rice and eggs, but when you add soy sauce and furikake it's basically the same thing as musubi.
>>
I make sliders with fried spam, spicy aoli, pineapple, on Hawaiian buns
>>
Just look up Korean recipes.

Budaejjigae comes to mind.
>>
>>7651416

This. Koreans love spam.
>>
>>7650494
I think low-sodium spam (NOT spam lite) is the best choice for a standard spam flavor. The lower salt content makes it less bossy in most dishes.

If you're in a musubi/spam fried rice mood, I say slice it good and thick and pan fry it hot until its developed a nice dark sear on the outside. If you're serving it with eggs, try slicing it paper thin and frying it the same way. It crisps up nicely and takes on a texture similar to the meatier portions of extra-thick bacon.

The only flavored variety of spam I really like is jalapeno. With all the others the flavorings kind of overwhelm the taste of everything else.
>>
>>7650494

>simple spam, egg, and cheese sandwich on a toasted hamburger bun

or

>cubed spam, egg, cheese, peppers, and onion in a burrito with some hot sauce.
>>
File: spam.jpg (329 KB, 1238x762) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
329 KB, 1238x762
>>7650494

also only get the original.

avoid all varieties with meat other than pork.

the original only has six ingredients. the other have a lot more
>>
>>7651619
Pretty much any country thats in the pacific loves spam it seems. Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Hawaii(not a country), etc.
>>
>>7650494

Sliced medium-thin, fried in a pan. Usually serve it with rice, eggs, or on a sandwich.
>>
>eating dog shit

Fucking dirty West coast
>>
File: huh.gif (395 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
395 KB, 245x280
>>7650494
>Stinky French Garlic
>>
I keep wanting to try it, but I've been somewhat brainwashed by the years and years of "that's what poor people eat"
>>
>>7651939
nice bangs
>>
File: wut.jpg (10 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
10 KB, 300x285
>>7651987
>>
>>7651979
It's really just a cheap, processed, precooked ham. I'm not sure why you'd want to try it unless you were poor or stocking it for an emergency.

My dad used to fry this stuff up all the time back when we were poor. I fucking hate it. Always preferred the canned corned beef.
>>
>>7650512
this
if you're trying to stay away from fried foods though baking it is alright too. But then again, why the fuck are you eating fucking spam, fry it you shitlord.
>>
>>7651994

Because I've never had it before.
>>
>>7651979
Imagine slightly gelatinous over salted pork fat. It's trash. Delicious artery clogging trash.
>>
File: publizity.gif (1 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
publizity.gif
1 MB, 356x200
>>7651939
>>
Had it fried tonight, alongside beet latkes, all doused in country gravy.

Yum.
>>
>>7650494
I eat it on a slice of toast eggs benedict style, maybe with some spinach
>>
Cubed and fried in a skillet, then added to Mac and cheese.

Good stuff desu senpai
>>
>>7650494
Hawaii here.

Spam, eggs, and rice
Spam in fried rice
Spam musubi
Spam in saimin or ramen
Spam and egg sandwich
Spam mac and cheese
Spam in chef's salad
Spam pan-fried in shoyu and sugar

Spam is always a good time.
>>
added to scrambled eggs with cheese.
>>
File: 1454987951932.jpg (331 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
1454987951932.jpg
331 KB, 1824x1368
A swell suggestion for a grand warm weather meal: a Spam summer platter. Open a can or two of Spam, S-P-A-M, slice and arrange around a large platter. Next a circle of luscious sliced tomatoes, then a ring of your favorite cheese, sliced. Decorate the platter with crisp celery, radishes, olives and raw carrots. With potato salad, iced tea or coffee, and a simple dessert, you bring to your table a perfect summer meal. Just wait until Dad and the youngsters taste those juicy slices of Spam, delicious meat that pleases every appetite because Spam is meat with a hearty he-man flavor. You'll like it too, because Spam is so easy to use. Ready to eat just as it comes from the can, Spam is always handy because it keeps without refrigeration. Serve a Spam summer platter soon. Ask your food dealer for Spam when you shop tomorrow, and try the easy recipes on the label. Then you'll discover that cold or hot, Spam hits the spot.
>>
I had the spam in a rice ball in Hawaii once. It was pretty good.
>>
>>7650494
Spamburger!!
>>
>>7652847
probably not terrible if you pan-fried or grilled the spam slices to give them a firmer, meaty texture. Tomatoes, great, but swap in some Giardiniera with the other veggies. Crisp, sharp/spicy veggies, tender tomatoes, meaty salty/fatty spam..

yeah, just crazy enough to work.
>>
>>7650494
Spam and Eggs
Spam Sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mustard

also like it really crispy fried
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
>>
>>7650494
leave it on the shelf for the pacirfic islanders, flips and koreans to pick up
>>
I understand Hawaiians love it. I heard one guy that has a small chain of restaurants say it's basically like a "pork pâté".

Honestly I'm not too fond of it unless it's fried or seared like a steak. Gotta get a little crunch to balance out softness of the meat in my opinion.

Then again I can't recall trying something like pâté; meat that's so soft you can spread it on crackers.
>>
Oh, and I forgot to say you HAVE to put tobasco on it. Unless it's on a burger I don't want to eat it without tobasco.

It's so salty, bland, and mushy... gotta have a sear or fry it and apply condiments.

Just my opinion.
>>
goes good with a side of macaroni and cheese
>>
>>7650512
>pan fried spam with rice and eggs.
goes well with pickled chili peppers if you have them.
>>
>>7650494
cubed fried in butter, then off the heat and add eggs and milk, salt and pepper, then normal scrambled eggs
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.