[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my pizza The pepperonis are hidden beneath the cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 20160508_020937-1.jpg (2 MB, 1985x1522) Image search: [Google]
20160508_020937-1.jpg
2 MB, 1985x1522
Rate my pizza

The pepperonis are hidden beneath the cheese
>>
6/10 would eat drunk as fuck.
>>
looks rough

might just be a bad photo, but until i'm proven otherwise it's 4/10
>>
File: dsc05107.jpg (505 KB, 1202x902) Image search: [Google]
dsc05107.jpg
505 KB, 1202x902
You should've used a higher hydration dough, and maybe greased it a little more before baking. It looks dryer than the sahara.
>>
6/10 needs work, but better than frozen shit
>>
>>7649997
Use a better camera, OP. I bet it'd look a trillion times more appetizing if it was in a better light, at a better angle, and with better focus.
>>
>>7649997
Oven wasn't hot enough.
>>
It looks like it would taste good and I would enjoy eating it but the photo is very poor and I agree with >>7650464 but as long as you enjoyed it then it's all good. A good photo can go a long way honestly. You don't have to be a pro to take a decent lighting non blurry photo
>>
It looks like cancer
>>
>>7649997

It doesn't look like a total abortion but it really triggers my autism when people put the toppings under the cheese.
>>
>>7649997
lifelong banned in italy
>>
>>7649997
slouching crust hidden pepperoni
>>
Wait, anon you put your pepperoni under the cheese?
>>
>>7650913
cheese is a topping
>>
>>7650024
>>7649997

Looks like the dough is unfermented and cooked on aluminum? Also a lot of top heat. Probably a very long time in the oven, like 10 minutes or more, which is less than ideal.

Protip: If you don't have a pizza stone + peel to get it on the stone, use a steel cake pan or cast iron skillet and make a pan pizza.Let the dough rise while pressed out into the oiled pan for several hours. All day, even. You can press it down when its time to bake it. You can make top-tier pan pizzas with just a steel cake pan in a home oven. Without a stone or baking steel a regular pizza will never be quite right. Aluminum just doesn't hold and transfer enough heat fast enough. I started out the same way, trying to cook dough on aluminum. It was a fucking disaster. It never works very well. You can use all the best ingredients and the pizza might indeed taste great but the crust will never be right cooking without a steel pan or stone. :^)
>>
>>7650024
Not OP but how do I get doughs like that? I keep the dough slightly sticky and knead it for 20-30 minutes and put it in the refrigerator overnight but it still comes out too dense.
>>
>>7651816
you order some dominos like a normal person
>>
>>7651816
use enriched flour more sugar and milk
>>
>>7651816

It's not so much about your dough. It's about oven heat and the surface you're cooking on. You will never get a crust like that without a pizza stone or steel preheated to 500-600 degrees.

20-30 minutes is too long to knead. 5-10 minutes is enough, especially if you are fermenting overnight. More gluten development happens in the fridge than while kneading it. Mix it up, knead for a few minutes until fairly smooth and then let it rest for 10 minutes. Dont touch it for ten minutes. Then knead it a couple times and ball it, oil it, bag it, and put it in the fridge.

Slightly sticky isn't necessarily the best for a home oven bake, pizza stone or not. Slightly stick means that if you are using bread flour, your water % is probably higher than 62% (by weight, not volume). More water usually means more rise when baking, but you need serious heat for that. You can still get a good rim rise without excessive water, with the dough unsticky, which is the 56-60% range-- lower if you are using Alll Purpose flour.

What you need is a proper surface and heat.
>>
>>7651945
I have a stone I heat to 505 but the problem is when I get the pizza laid out on the counter ready to slide it sticks to the counter and I can't get it off. I took to making it on parchment paper, sliding it in, then after a minute removing the paper so it sits directly on the stone. I'm planning on making one tomorrow so I'll knead less tonight.
>>
>>7650464
This.

The crust seems cooked to a good point, is it soft? it looks like it.
>>
>>7651957

I started that way too, with the parchment.

Put flour on the counter and a light coat over the dough ball. Another way to do this is to get a bowl or container with a lid and put a little flour in it, and put the dough ball in it, cover it, and shake it up for a second to cover it.

When opening the dough, make sure to flatten the center and force the air out to the rim and try to not push down the rim any more than you have to, and at the same don't make the center too thin.

Also, if you have a top broiler in your oven you can put the stone up top directly under it and after you've preheated your oven for an hour or so, hit the stone with a broiler for a few minutes to really get it hot, and then go back to regular oven for the bake.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.