[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do people eat the same thing every day and not be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
How the fuck do people eat the same thing every day and not be depressed?

So many people say shit like "I live on rice, beans, and frozen vegetables every single day for every meal" or they say "for my cheat meal I ate pizza"

Eating is the highlight of my day because I have so many amazing things to choose from. I'd gladly spend 100 bucks a week on food just to avoid living on the same textures/flavors constantly. How does one diet without going insane?

>inb4 fat. I work out almost every day but I'm only about 13% body fat because I eat whatever I want whenever I want
>>
i am depressed
>>
>>7647776
I eat so fast that variety and flavor is wasted on me.
>>
Stop listening to /fit/ when it comes to food.

They're all fat losers who don't know what they're talking about or how to enjoy themselves.
>>
>>7647797
moreso people here who argue that "cooking at home is cheaper than eating out provided you eat beans every goddamn day"
yes obviously it is cheaper if you eat dog food daily
>>
There's plenty of different types of rice, beans and vegetables to choose from.
>>
>>7647829
.....not really.....and not all of them taste good together
>>
There are several ways in which such a routine could be satisfying:
>perfecting each dish over hundreds of tries, becoming an expert at making and adapting it
>falling into a routine because you either like it or dislike changing things around
>subjecting your irrational eating and cooking habits to a plan, in pursuit of a perceived goal (gains, weight loss, health, frugality, etc..)
>>
>>7647823
It's also cheaper if you eat a normal variety of foods. At least it is here..
>>
>>7647776
I can only do this when I'm dieting and it's the only way I can successfully do it.

I supplement the enjoyment I would get from good food with the satisfaction that I'm losing weight
>>
I know what you mean anon. I'm not that great a cook and my biggest incentive to keep learning more is to have more variety in my meals. I find eating really healthy is a good way to avoid burn out though. You eat high nutrition low calorie food for awhile, get a bit too slim and start to get tired of it, then you get to eat a bunch of nice pastas, experiment with whatever you want, all the baked goods you want, etc. Go back to healthy eating once you're satisfied and a bit heavier than you'd like.
>>
File: augh-ha-ohohhoh-aha.jpg (64 KB, 1076x1076) Image search: [Google]
augh-ha-ohohhoh-aha.jpg
64 KB, 1076x1076
>>7647838

>not really

oh you're an idiot

good thread fag
>>
>>7647776
Some people have other things in their lives, I guess.
>>
I find it genuinely enjoyable, and the meals are also delicious every time.
Part of it is also the reliability, consistincey of meals, finances, health, clean up time, and possibly more. The point is there are many factors outside of taste that play into why I'm not just driven to do it every day, but enjoy it without fail every time.
Also, every once in a while that I do have "cheat meals" it makes it that much more fun and eventful. Such as making pizza for the family, tacos, baked fries, ice cream, and so on.
>>
>>7647823
Look into blue apron, the variety is decent enough and you don't need to maintain an autistic database of ingredients and expiration dates, or compromise a recipe just to use something up

It's cheaper than grocery shopping if you remember the lack of waste
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.