[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
son doesn't enjoy food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17
File: Picky-Eater.jpg (65 KB, 559x420) Image search: [Google]
Picky-Eater.jpg
65 KB, 559x420
i'm frustrated.
it's not a "he doesn't eat his vegetables"-thing.
it's a "he doesn't enjoy eating at all"-thing. he never was interested in food. it took him being one and a half year old to swallow his first bite of pureed food. i tried all i can think off. i started with home made vegetable purees (carrots, pumpkin and potatoes mostly). when he refused to eat that month after month, i finally caved in and tried to give him mashed bananas and apple sauce. he didn't eat that either. then i tried to incorporate fingerfood. he would just play with it but never taste it. no matter what it was.
i, myself eat a big variety of food. i made it a point to make sure to sit down and eat at the table together to be a good role model.
i made sure that he doesn't get too much nutrition from his bottle so he would atually have some motivation to TRY solid food. i could only move him to eat after i gave him some sausage for the first time.
he's now 5 and every meal is a struggle. he's never hungry, altough he's way too light for his age. i don't give him any snacks inbetween. he gets breakfast, lunch and dinner. i make healthy and kids friendly meals. but he never eats. he is extremely picky and at the end of every meal i have to practically force him to eat his mandatory 3 bites. he wants ketchup and mayo with everything.
i'm at my witts end. i have used so, SO much energy and nerves on his eating habits. i'm done. i'm contemplating to just call it a day and feed him hotdogs and ice cream all day. i can't enjoy ONE SINGLE meal in peace. it is driving me nuts. it starts with me cooking and him already explaining that "he won't eat THAT". then he will not come to the table when i call. at this point, my nerves are already wearing thin. and we haven't even sat down to eat...

holy crap, i just want a kid that is thankfull for getting delicious food every day. i don't know where i failed so colossaly...

has anyone here been such a bratty eater and turned out fine as an adult?
>>
File: 1462007951890.jpg (34 KB, 468x320) Image search: [Google]
1462007951890.jpg
34 KB, 468x320
nice blogpost m8
>>
Be more assertive, a child not listening to a parent is a sign of them thinking they can get away with it

If you take away his iPod or some shit until he eats his veggies they'll be gone right quick
>>
Just let him eat whenever he wants, but not whatever he wants.

As a child, I was forced to nap. Yeah, weird as fuck. I just hated it for years and years and just pretend to sleep. I will never understand how the entire family (even cousins) was this insane. My point is, if he's hungry, he'll eat.
>>
TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR.

If your child is underweight from not eating there is something wrong with him. Holy shit, why are you asking 4chan?
>>
>>7647591
take the little shit to a neurologist, he may have schizophrenia. I'm not kidding, you can get fucked up taste buds from certain kinds of neurological conditions, and it seems like he doesn't enjoy anything may be a precursor.
>>
>>7647619
Basically it might not be schizo as the only answer but thats the only thing I know of that can fuck up your taste buds so bad you just don't like food at all.
>>
>>7647591
>has anyone here been such a bratty eater and turned out fine as an adult?

Busy Mom here. Here's my hint or "hack" to deal with picky eaters. Just say, "this is what you're eating or you don't eat." My picky eater held out for 4 days, but now he eats anything that's put in his cage.

Well that's it for now. My food blog isn't getting updated by itself!
>>
>>7647591
Stop letting him have shit like ketchup, he's wanting the sweet taste of the food. Get the mandatory bites of veggies, but only find foods that are calorie dense and not bad for you that he likes, such as peanut butter (buy the shit without all of the added sugar). He obviously does like eating some food if he eats ketchup and hotdogs.

I agree that you should seek professional help, but you really need to look at what you are feeding him and cut out the shit with added sugar until he's more capable of handling it. Slice up fresh fruit. It tastes sweet. No child that hasn't been spoiled to fuck or doesn't have some sort of disease hates all fruit. Fruit is fucking delicious.
>>
File: packshot_nutrison_1200_comp.png (42 KB, 150x225) Image search: [Google]
packshot_nutrison_1200_comp.png
42 KB, 150x225
>>7647591
Just give him pic related and be done with it.
>>
File: eat_and_nod.webm (3 MB, 690x450) Image search: [Google]
eat_and_nod.webm
3 MB, 690x450
>>7647591
This is not your personal blog ffs.
>>
>>7647591
I used to be like that from the age of 2 until like 11 I believe? I also was really underweight and mom got me through that by stuffing me with pasta basically.
I don't remember much because now I eat just about anything (but I'm still picky about eating guts and some parts of meat/fish). What I remember was that I found most of the food that was outside of my comfort zone absolutely disgusting, bad smelling or with a weird texture. It gradually faded out during adolescence, but also when I was 13 my mum (who cooked for me) had an accident and was in an hospital for 2 months, so I pretty much had to eat whatever was given to me. So, partly growing up and stopped being autistic, partly due to traumatic experience
>>
Your son sounds retarded, anon
>>
>>7647591
I have the same problem with my wife's son, he refuses to eat anything but mcdonalds. He is only ten so I try to enforce real food on him by telling him he is not getting anything else but by midnight he always ends up getting what he wants be it by overpowering me mentally or physically.
His father also taught him how to make fun of me so he goes around telling everyone that I was a virgin until I met my wife at age 30 and that I work as a security start to a 24 year old woman that just graduated college
>>
>>7648051
Secretary fuck auto correct
>>
>>7647591
Nobody cares faggit also he's a fucking kid so why would he care about food
>>
>>7647616
>>7647616
>>7647616
>>7647616
>>7647616

Do this.
>>
File: 1440600925515.jpg (281 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1440600925515.jpg
281 KB, 720x960
>>7647591
Did you ask his mother and father for advice?
>>
Throw waif boy into well

start over

keep bloodline strong
>>
>>7648185
That picture is literally from the Bernie Sanders reddit. I remember when it was found
>>
>>7647591
You're in charge here, and don't forget it. Take all of the shitty food out of the house and basically get him into an eat or die situation. Most of the time it's because a parent is too willing to cater to their child, in the face of what's best for them.
If after that he truly refuses to eat there might be some disorder going on but I'd be willing to bet that being really fucking hungry is going to force him to change his habits
>>
>>7647591
>has anyone here been such a bratty eater and turned out fine as an adult?
I was very fussy and hardly ate to the point where I almost ended up in hospital with low k levels when I was about 5. I eat normally now.
One of the problems was that my mum made meal times as stressful as possible and didn't even realise.
Assuming your son has an aversion to food and not autism I would recommend;

>not making comments on how/what he eats at the table
Playing with your food is fine, it'll relieve some of the mystery around new food. Don't tell him he has to try everything on the plate, just offer it.
Also avoid the TRY THIS TRY THIS TRY THIS EAT THIS YOU HAVE TO EAT THIS.

>never force feed
I was force fed carrots and peas as a child and they still make me gag because of the negative associations despite the fact they don't really taste bad.

>use peer pressure
Invite other kids who eat well round for dinner, he's getting to the age where he will want to fit in with his friends.

>dont make him sit in front of a plate of cold food
Being told you can't leave the table because there's food on the plate will only make him want to avoid dinner more, I used to sit at the dinner table for 1-2hrs after everyone else was gone, if I had no intention of eating the food while it's hot I'm sure as fuck not gonna eat it 2 hours later.

>get him to cook with you, get him to help plan meals/shopping lists
Should make him feel like he has more control over the meals.

>don't get mad at him for spitting out food
The fact that he put it in his mouth is a big enough first step for someone who's afraid of food.

>don't touch his food once it's on the plate
I know this one is common sense but you won't believe how retarded parents can be. Don't be mixing up his baked beans and mashed potatoes, don't cut up his meat, don't pour sauce or gravy all over his food. seriously would you want to eat your dinner if someone came along and put their hands all over it?
>>
>>7648051

I had similar troubles with my son's father, until I used my savings to build myself a cozy shed outside the house. This gives me and my wife the privacy we need. Helped our relationship tremendously.
>>
>>7648338
I second this, and want to highlight the getting him involved bit. When kids are more involved they feel more accomplished and it's also great for bonding, as well as being in control.

I'm surprised that you haven't brought this up with your pediatrician.
>>
i was like this, and my caregivers catastrophised it and would treat me poorly over it and force me to eat food that made me feel sick. i even threw up once, and they insisted i was putting it on.

eventually i grew out of it, independently of their attempts.

just feed him what he'll eat. eating enough is obviously the priority over getting enough nutrients. and don't take this tiny aspect of his life to represent him as a whole.
>>
>>7648266
>get him into an eat or die situation
don't have kids, please.
>>
File: 103960117_135883573342.jpg.png (505 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
103960117_135883573342.jpg.png
505 KB, 450x600
>>7647605
>take away his iPod
have you learned nothing from this site?
>>
>>7647665
Hm, so, my gf tells me it's funny how I nod after eating a bite of something delicious. Is this a weird or something? I do it to show I like what she just fed me and it's p much involuntary. I'm also not as fat as this lady tho.
>>
>>7647591

you poor soul. that sounds horrible.

>>7647630

you didn't even read the op, did you?

maybe you should slow down a little, budy mom
>>
>>7648439

who gives a fuck dude

its your reaction, enjoy it to the fullest
>>
>>7648463
If I didn't care who gave a fuck I would be out trying new things and being happy rather than on this website calling you friend, friend.
>>
>>7647591
put a padlock on all the food + fridge and serve him smaller portions
>>
This thread proves there are about 20 women on the internet. And that women are miserable if they don't have children.
>>
>had this same problem
>home schooled the little prick
>is now hunting and eating his own kills
>>
>>7648480
>men can't have parenting skills
>>
>>7648469

>If I didn't care who gave a fuck I would be out trying new things and being happy rather than on this website calling you friend, friend.

cheer up anon, i think it's kinda cute that you nod when you like your food
>>
>>7647591
You sound like a fucking dick and if you're this aggro on a message board I can only imagine how much you unload on your kid. If it's as much as I assume it is then he probably has a stress complex about how tense you make meal times (i.e. forcing him to eat, can you imagine the trauma you'd exhibit if someone literally forced you to eat something you didn't want to? Jesus do all people become non-self-aware maniacs when they reproduce?). I get it: it's easy to lose some perspective when you begin your descension into old fogie-dom but keep in mind that this creature's brain is like half developed and he has no idea what the fuck is going on.

Take it easy on him and yourself man, get him involved in cooking like someone else suggested don't ever fucking force him to eat something he doesn't want to but don't capitulate to him and allow him to consume junk food alone (or at all). You brought this being into the world without its consent and he didn't choose to not like food so find some middle ground. Some kind of weird neurological disorder notwithstanding (does he have other behavioral issues?) his taste buds will develop and he'll probably dig your weird culinary creations in like ten years but until that time you're going to have to largely work with the parameters that he sets.

As for the weight thing, try to serve him high protein/carb stuff and if it's really dismal get him sure Ensure and tell him it's chocolate milk. And absolutely consult his pediatrician
>>
>>7647591
It might be autism. I'm serious.
Autistics often have skewed sensory perception. This is the most well-known when it comes to hearing but it also happens with touch, sight, and even taste. They also often favor a few specific things almost to the exclusion of everything else.
I was similar but not as bad and that's what the cause was with me. When I taste fruit vegetables and feel the texture of them in my mouth, something in my brain says, loud and clear, that this isn't food. (With other foods I don't eat it's not as pronounced; it might even be a whole different reaction.)
You should talk to a psychologist.
>>
>>7647591
You're literally asking 4chan for advice on how to raise a child
>>
File: mfw.jpg (6 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
6 KB, 318x159
>>7648547

nothing like a Thai Bicycle Club image board dedicated to food as a place to learn how to raise children
>>
>>7648547
lol fucking sperg
>>
I had a picky one...you gotta trick the kid. One day start by making a milkshake. Just basic milk and an all natural vanilla ice cream. (Add cocoa powder if the kid likes chocolate.) He will be enamoured, and curious by the sound of the blender, do that maybe 2-3 times. Then one day tell him your gonna make a different kind of milkshake called a smoothie.

Put raw spinach, Bolthouse Farms carrot juice, (whatever you like) frozen berries, yogurt, etc. See if he will go for yogurt on its own, or even sugar free pudding with whatever milk you like, get the kid using a utensil. Hide shredded apple in pancakes, top with whipped cream, try a chocolate avacado pudding. Maybe some baked French fries from vthe oven, and dip in ketchup... You will slowky be able to broaden his palette from there. Him being around kids in school will also encourage him to try something else. There is nothing wrong with a picky eater. If you visit the kid's pediatrician once a year, and they aren't alarmed by his weight, you shouldn't either. Look for recipes with hidden fruits and veggies in foods like muffins.
>>
>>7648755
another thing anon

kids don't need as much food as adults. eating tiny portions is fucking fine for little kiddies.
>>
When I was a kid I was a picky little shit until eventually my dad lost his patience and start beating me every time I upright refused to eat something without trying it.

Worked a fucking treat.
>>
Going to parties, I've noticed that most kids these days seem to have no interest in eating. Like, anything at all. They've just got no appetite, even for junk food. Hot dogs, sausages, even chips. Parents have a hard time getting their children to eat any of it. I suspect they're getting most of their calories from soda, which they do seem to consume in large quantities.

It's bizarre. That's not how we were when I was a kid. We knew how to enjoy parties while stuffing our faces.
>>
>>7648469
No you wouldn't. If you didn't care you'd be even more socially estranged than you currently are and automatically denied access to a great many things.
>>
>>7648769
Thanks for your post of staying the obvious, are you always an uptight, twat?
>>
>>7648811
sorry dickweed but parents seem obsessed with stuffing their little shits' faces until they're obese
>>
>>7647591
Assuming your kid doesn't have the autisms (get that check at the next service appt.), I'd suggest letting him come along to the store for the express purpose of getting ingredients for a meal he's going to help cook.

Even if it's something dead simple, kids will still get a big sense of ownership out of helping to prepare a meal from start to finish. If he goes for this then maybe make it a regular thing and start gently suggesting new flavors or ingredients you can try cooking together.

Obviously at five he's not going to be able to do jack shit in the kitchen more likely than not, but even the kind of "help" a little kid can provide is going to be good for his little brain.
>>
>>7647591
He has Severe Beating Deficiency Syndrome.

That being said, if he isn't meeting growth milestones, he could be schizo or have major depression.
>>
>>7648185
THICK
H
I
C
K
>>
Natural Selection. If he doesn't want to eat shit then let him die of starvation.
>>
Gavin Mcginnes did a video about not letting toddlers eat at the dinner table. Very relevant. Also if you keep forcing your kid he's going to become a fatfuck/homo in the future.
>>
>>7647736
What happen to mum?
Is she k?
>>
File: 1350969026654.jpg (19 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1350969026654.jpg
19 KB, 328x277
>>7647591
you do have options
1. take him to a doctor

2. sell him to a chechen mercenary camp

3. 'you eat this or nothing at all'

4. let him eat only candy, soda and chips. track and document his deterioration and when he's a fat, toothless diabetic and miserable shitbag in his late teens (18-19) you show him the fucking documentation and tell him 'this is what happens when you act like a faggot about vegetables you worthless degenerate. now get out of my house and stay out - you aren't welcome here any more.'
>>
File: 1346291098023.jpg (5 KB, 159x160) Image search: [Google]
1346291098023.jpg
5 KB, 159x160
>>7648435
>>
File: delish.webm (945 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
delish.webm
945 KB, 1280x720
>>7648439
Is this a good representation of your strange habit?
>>
>>7647619
>So what is the reason you came to me Mr. Anon?
>Well my son is a picky eater and I'm worried he might be hearing voices in his head!
>Nigga get the fuck outta here
>>
>>7647591
It does sound like autism. Did you know that, on an international level, the US has the most autism cases per year globally?
>>
>>7650866
>US has the most autism cases per year globally
i warned you about vaccines bro!

i told you dog!!

i told you man

i TOLD you about vaccines.
>>
File: fairy bread.jpg (127 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
fairy bread.jpg
127 KB, 1124x1024
>>7650782
Best advice in this thread.
>>
>>7650866
What's the statistic up to now? Like 23% of all males born in the US?

Threadly reminder that George HW Bush signed into law the Act that gave vaccine manufacturers indemnity.
>>
>>7650926
Latest data said 38% of male adults.
>>
My husband's like this. As a kid he'd only eat very certain foods, no fruit, no vegetables. Turned out he has Celiac disease, and after treating it he eats all kinds of different stuff: fruit, veggies, fish, etc. He didn't really understand before, but his aversion to food was because he often felt uncomfortable after eating. Like other people are saying, if you haven't, try a doctor and just get a huge panel of blood tests run. That's how they picked up on my husband's illness.

Fyi: he was also consistently underweight as a child.
>>
File: pichan.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pichan.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
make him play sports or work out or exercise i bet his lil' ass will get hungry
>>
A kid's tastes are cemented between 9 to 12 months old. You left it too late.
>>
>>7650926
>>7650866
>>7650877

circumcision causes autism due to the mental trauma
>>
>>7650945
Source? This is unbelievable.
>>
>>7650967
google says 23
i sincerely hope all the bitch pussies and autistic boys being born in this generation are going to increase my chances of banging hot college girls when im in my late 30's
>>
>>7650967
Every third American male you encounter has autism. Think about it. It's kids like the ones OP is raising.
>>
>>7650967
the US doesn't let you abort late-stage autists, when they really should

>inb4 you would have never been born then
>>
>>7647591
>i don't know where i failed so colossaly...

Did you breastfeed him? Breastfeeding, as opposed to formula feeding, makes children much less picky when it comes time for them to move onto actual foods.
>>
>>7647591
Is your son American?
>>
>>7651013

no, but my wife's son is
>>
>>7650994
>tfw there is no prenatal test for the tism
Get on it science
>>
beat the shit out of him and tell him to stop being a nigger
>>
>>7651022
Came into this thread expecting this reply. /pol/ always finds a way.
>>
>>7650540
Ehhh sort of
She had a brain haemorrhage and the part of her brain that was related to speaking died, so she couldn't talk anymore, she had to learn again from zero. Now she's not so good at talking and she's epileptic but aside from not being able to work she lives a pretty normal life- and she cooks too!
>>
>>7650992
More like every 3rd american male under the age of 25. Most older dudes are from a generation where autism was almost unheard of, and severely autistic people were just called "weirdos" or "retards" back then.
>>
File: 1448421809262.jpg (112 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
1448421809262.jpg
112 KB, 750x1125
>>7648051
topkek
>>
>>7648439
I think it's indicative of weird eating habits and a future weight problem.

Personally I don't do anything
>>
Fuck there are kids who will benefit from a little fear in their lives. We have all failed as a societty dear lord.
>>
>>7647591
Get you son evaluated by a doctor.
>>
>>7651749
>benefit from a little fear

How do you know?
>>
File: 1370061745533.jpg (86 KB, 648x800) Image search: [Google]
1370061745533.jpg
86 KB, 648x800
>>7650782
>>
https://youtu.be/NoG8Uf1wUfI
>>
>>7647591
Let the little shit starve to death. He'll start eating when he finally realizes he can barely walk because his body is shutting down from lack of nutrition.
>>
He could have the most random digestive issue. You won't know unless you take him to the doctor. I sounded like your kid and it turned out I've had IBS my whole existence. A lot of food just randomly made me feel bad, so I associated most of it with that. Everybody just thought I was a "picky eater." I will actually eat most kinds of foods now that I'm an adult and know what the issue is.

My mother unfortunately was a neglectful cunt like you, never took me to the doctor for it, then tried to stuff food into my face like the fat fuck she is (and you sound to be).
>>
ketchup and mayo with everything. sounds normal. But doc maybe?
>>
Beat the snot out of that little shit and lock him in a closet for three days with nothing but bottles of water and a pot to piss in. That should cure him.
>>
File: q26.jpg (32 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
q26.jpg
32 KB, 480x319
>>7647591
>i could only move him to eat after i gave him some sausage for the first time.
I bet you're vegan or something like that, make him more meat, be creative in order to motivate him eat other dieshes, for example make some tomato pasta with sausage chunks and see if he eats the pasta too, then try some veggies like broccoli (pic related), when he learns to eat different side foods other than sausages, then try more dishes based on those side foods that he managed to eat. He might just be scared to try unknown foods, hell be fine.
>>
File: 1339393088924.png (128 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1339393088924.png
128 KB, 435x419
>>7652021
>>
My sister's kid's like this. I feel sorry for you. There's nothing you can do except keep presenting them with food whilst not putting too much pressure on them. If they get pissed off then it's just going to make things harder. Eventually they'll try something out of curiosity or hunger anyway.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.