[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: chains Americans will NEVER EVER get to experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: top-logo.png (11 KB, 164x147) Image search: [Google]
top-logo.png
11 KB, 164x147
ITT: chains Americans will NEVER EVER get to experience
>>
Thats because nobody cares about your shitty restaurant
>>
File: swiss-chalet.jpg (41 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
swiss-chalet.jpg
41 KB, 550x413
Looks delish. And they serve Pepsi products too! We're really missing out.
>>
>>7645321
They always burn the chicken.
>>
>>7645321
They've got this invention now called an aeroplane. People in first world countries can experience anything in any other part of the world quite easily.
>>
>>7645321
With a name like "Swiss Chalet" I was expecting the menu to be a bastardized variety of "Swiss" type foods.

I was very wrong

The menu is the most illogical smattering of random things, and fried chicken and BBQ ribs.

Where's the "Swiss" in "Swiss Chalet"?

Seems like how Arby's used to be "Go West, it's better out here!", but is now just a name with odd random shit without menu cohesion.
>>
>nothing Bostonian about the menu
>is a Canadian chain
>>
>>7645321
>be American
>travel

Your thread is shit
>>
File: Harvey's_logo.svg.png (77 KB, 1280x841) Image search: [Google]
Harvey's_logo.svg.png
77 KB, 1280x841
god tier
>>
File: Burger-Family.png (147 KB, 537x403) Image search: [Google]
Burger-Family.png
147 KB, 537x403
A&W that isn't complete garbage.
>>
>>7645321
If it was worth a shit we'd have them here. Enjoy your shit.
>>
UK doesnt have any decent chains

But Chippies and shit are pretty GOAT if you're in the mood
>>
Um, America shares a border with Canada. We can literally drive North and go to your shitty fast food restaurants anytime we want.
>>
>>7645941
They do fried chicken now?
>>
>>7646431
No idea about now
But like 8 years ago, the only time I was ever in Canada, we had a stop and stopped at a Swiss Chalet, and fried chicken was on the menu.

Might have been a 1-off?
>>
File: goodys_dsc2305.jpg (85 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
goodys_dsc2305.jpg
85 KB, 700x465
>>
>>7645511
Yeah but flying to Europe isn't quite as easy as hopping on a train and being 2 countries over 3 hours later like you Eurofags have it.
>>
>>7646270
>live on superior east coast
>literally drive north
>car goes underwater
>takes a crane to get it out
Thanks, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 348x348
>>
>>7648740

Wat?

I used to live in Southern New England and could start driving North in the afternoon, be eating poutine before dinner time, and be back home the same day with Époisses, Kinder eggs, and a couple cartons of duty free cigarettes.
>>
>>7645979
Americans don't have passports.

Checkmate.
>>
>>7646195
I was surprised when I found out that A&W Canada is a separate entity from A&W in the US.

A&W is a solid chain, their breakfast sandwiches are good and their burgers, sweet potato fries, and chicken sandwiches are great.

>>7646184
I am not a big fan of the Harvey's patties. The texture is a bit odd and they just taste/feel like frozen patties.
>>
>>7645321
I already get rotisserie chicken at Costco (you know, that place that Canadians drive all the way South to go to and take up all the parking).
>>
>>7648828
Costco and Costco rotisserie chicken are widely available in Canada. But yes, I'm sure Canadians crowd American Costcos.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 860x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 860x431
I'm a Britfag living in Canada. Swiss Chalet chicken dipped in their sweet and unique sauce is great . To be fair though there are a lot of US restaurants id swap it for
>>
>>7648962
>>7645321
there isn't swiss chalet in the usa? wow i love being canadian for once.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.