[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking in the outdoors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (134 KB, 208x295) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
134 KB, 208x295
Things to bring on a 4 day camping trip? 'Course, this is food wise. We've got brown rice, beans, Peanut butter, bread, and some nuts and we plan on catching fish. Do you guys have any other ideas for what we should bring? 4 man trip btw

pic unrelated
>>
>>7645157
Bring some mushrooms and make that terrible spaghetti sauce again
>>
Potatoes and corn. Wrap in foil and throw on the side of the fire
>>
>>7645157
Enough food for when catching dinner doesn't work out like you plan. Cast iron and some corned beef hash for sure.
>>
Bring a lot of sushi and precooked lasagna. Tupperware full of soup is smart too.
>>
>>7645160

Do you want me to bring some bread crumbs and milk? Or will that trigger you too
>>
>>7645164

We plan on bringing onions and potates as well.
>>
File: delivrpants.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
delivrpants.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
a love potion
>>
I've always had fantasies of making love in the woods ;)
>>
>>7645236
By yourself?
>>
>>7645267
With three other guys, obviously.

That's why he going on a 4 man "camping" trip.
>>
>>7645157
Car camping or hiking in?
>>
>>7645294

Hiking. We've got 2 tents, a food barrel, and 2 bags full of clothes and other supplies.
>>
>>7645349

Hiking and Canoeing* I forgot to mention.
>>
Woodie what are you doing here
>>
>>7645358
Eating logs and fucking my axe, what about you?
>>
>>7645364
Gorging on meaty stew to be mighty, lend me Lucy one of these days.
>>
>>7645157
You could bring some berries to make trail mix with your nuts. Good for your health but not so sustaining, would be probably better to save them for meatballs or fishsticks since you plan on fishing.
Hope there's greens mushrooms where you go, in case you ran out of cones ! Good luck !
>>
>>7645375

Lucy will shout "Stranger Danger" when she's attempted to be picked up by anyone else.
>>
>>7645381
Good meme

We plan on making some trail mix, maybe. We're not sure yet. Can I get a recipe?
>>
Also we don't plan on soaking our black beans in water, is that okay? I hear if you cook them just as long and a bit more they turn out fine, any thoughts?
>>
>>7645157
rice and beans doesnt sound that great as water is usually limited
good things would be roasted potatoes and other vegetables wrapped in tinfoil and thrown in the fire
hamburgers, hot dogs, kebabs, grilled shit, sandwiches, grilled cheese, canned shit,
>>
>>7646347
We're bringing potatoes, and we can't bring canned food :/
Meat products are also Not an option because we can't keep them cold
>>
>>7647182
cured meats ya dingus. Salami, chorizo, jerky, memeiccan.
>>
I always cook outdoors and two things i always wish i had
>cover for the top of my pot/skillet
>cutting board
>large plate to rest food

my favorite camping trick is to cook your food with beer. beer is usually around
>>
>>7647219

We will keep that in mind. How about Slim Jims? ;)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.