[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys m th buddy I'd try g to convince me to buy a whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Hey guys m th buddy I'd try g to convince me to buy a whole cow. I have the proper frozen storage for all the beef but will it keep long enough for me to eat it all and still taste good? I cook most of my meals.
>>
>>7644675
Wow I should have read that. My auto correct does weird shit.
>>
>>7644675
vacuum sealed and stored below freezing it will keep just about indefinetly. if you're single its kind of pointless.
>>
If your freezer can get cold enough yeah, it should keep
>>
>>7644675
are you cutting it yourself, or do you have a butcher doing it for you? it's a good idea, but try to be imaginative with meals, or you'll get overwhelmed and sick of it quickly.
>>
red meat isn't good for you, and you will get sick of it, unless you have a big family you are cooking for or something. I would say split it with a few other people.
>>
>>7644750
I cook big meals and bring them to work alot. A butcher will prepare the meat and vaccum seal it all.
>>
Better hope your power supply is reliable
>>
>>7644751
We are splitting it. I'd get half and get get half we both have families so the meat would be used up within a year or so I'd imagine I'm just curious if it will maintain flavor
>>
>>7644816
I have a 2 generators in my garage. Dealt with a power outage for 2 weeks like 7 years ago after a storm and fuck that shit
>>
the most I'd go in on as a single guy is 1/4 cow, even that would last me forever
>>
>>7644820
As long as it's vacuum and kept frozen, it'll last a year easily.
>>
>>7644675
Cure it. Then you don't need freezers.
>>
>>7644820
A year? Definitely bro, my friend worked on a bison ranch and they gave out free bison meat by the truckload to their staff. About a year now since he quit and it's still just as tasty as ever.
>>
Ugh it is so incredibly triggering to see meat industry sheep who actually believe the human body is capable of handling the consumption of meat.
>>
>>7645636

Just fuck off with your vegititus...
>>
>>7644811
>I cook big meals and bring them to work alot. A butcher will prepare the meat and vaccum seal it all.
How much is that costing you? Thats a lot of meat and a lot of work for the butcher.
>>
>>7645660
Only when you shed your brain washing you industry drone.
>>
>>7644675
There must be some sense of pride to knowing you since hadely ate an entire cow.
I'm jealous
>>
>>7646204
Even our teeth are designed to tear and chew meat.
Checkmate, atheist.
>>
>>7645791
I'll be paying around 900$ for my half
>>
>>7646238
You only think that because the meat industry told you that. Many, many animals have sharp teeth designed to eat plants.
>>
>>7646372
Your dollar sign seems to have gotten lost on the other side of your numbers.
>>
>>7646238
you're an idiot
>>7644675
I would suggest giving some of it away, you should be preferably consuming all of it within a year, and a single person can't eat that much beef and still be healthy (inb4 future heart attack man says he does it and feels fine). a pound a week is healthy, over a pound a day is not.
>>
>>7645636
The ability to kill and cook meat is what gave early hominids the nutrition density to develop the large brains you vegetarians are so proud of.

Without that we would have never developed past the level of the great apes, sitting around spending 2/3rds of our day munching leaves just to survive.
>>
File: mobile users out REEEEEE.png (96 KB, 1556x532) Image search: [Google]
mobile users out REEEEEE.png
96 KB, 1556x532
>>7644680
>>
File: teeth.jpg (74 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
74 KB, 638x479
>>7647343
>>7647364
>>
>>7647498
We also, consequently, have a much higher metabolism than they do, and we require a ton of protein to be healthy. The protein just needs to be varied from source. Americans eat a good amount of protein, we just don't supplement or support it with good cooking methods or proper vegetables.

http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlepdf/2016/fo/c5fo01530h
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160504141118.htm
https://eathropology.com/2013/04/08/broccoli-has-more-protein-than-steak-and-other-crap/

That said, OP doesn't need to gorge on beef. He should look at how much meat he usually goes through and ask himself accordingly. Bones and such used for stock or stews won't "go bad" from freezer burn, but those other cuts definitely will start to see some negative impact for their cost. Keep this in mind, 900 dollars is a lot of money for meat that won't be as fresh in about three months.
>>
With the price of beef it's definitely worth it. As far as flavor the vacuum seal is ideal. The last thing to worry about it how it will be frozen. Hopefully flash frozen.
>>
File: stop.gif (1 MB, 400x205) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
1 MB, 400x205
>>7647530
way to fundamentally misunderstand how nature works

biological traits are not "meant to" do anything unless they were intentionally created in some fashion by an intelligent being with a specific aim in mind

so, either you are claiming that early humans were created by aliens doing transgenic modification of earth creatures, or you actually believe in intelligent design

either way, you are out of your fucking mind
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.