[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carnitas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 572x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 572x381
What can I do with carnitas /ck/? My dad brought me a pound he made at home. Can I just add BBQ and make some shredded pork sliders? Any ideas appreciated!
>>
>>7644518
Uh, tacos? Please don't ruin it with barbecue sauce
>>
Fried rice
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>>7644530
That's what I usually make with it it's getting boring.

>implying this is ruined
>>
tacos, tortas and tamales
Dont ruin it with that shit
>>
>>7644518
Season them with some decent pork seasoning mix or just salt and pepper. Then fry the outside in a bit of hot oil. Throw the meat in a slow cooker with fresh orange juice and a beer and some bay leaves. 6-8 hours of that and take the meat out and lay it onto a bake sheet and throw in the oven on broil for 10-15 minutes.

You'll get the best damn soft yet crispy meat. Shit's great. If you don't have a slow cooker just all that in a pot on the lowest heat you can get on the stove top and let it stew that low for at least 3 hours.
>>
>>7644570
Already cooked famalam it's super soft. I'm just tired of making tacos/burritos with them. I'm more of an asada guy but my dad always gives me stuff and I'm not gonna throw out some good meat. If all else fails I'll probably make some burritos and take em to work..
>>
>>7644518
Yes, OP. I live in Mexico so I eat carnitas in tacos and tortas all the time. Sometimes I do buy a kilo and sauce it for BBQ. It is far superior than even the best roasted pulled pork.
>>
god, i love carnitas.

Yes, you can add bbq sauce and they'll taste fine as sliders. When I made a lot, and got bored of tacos, I did the same.

I like 'em in tacos. They are also fantastic in quesadillas, with or without bbq sauce, i've discovered. Top some nachos with 'em.
>>
>>7645346
'''''''
>>
You need to make torta ahogadas, anon. I can't believe this wasn't the first answer
>>
File: 1406564352089.jpg (53 KB, 484x352) Image search: [Google]
1406564352089.jpg
53 KB, 484x352
>>7645384
The elusive Mexican sogwich.
>>
>>7644538
Then you need to figure out how to make a taco. The meat ain't the problem
>>
>>7645346
Barbecue sauce and nacho cheese is incredibly underrated
>>
>>7645563
The fuck are you on about? I didn't say it was a problem but I don't wanna make tacos every time I make carnitas you dumb faggot
>>
>>7645384
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck YES.
Torta Ahogada is the fucking best. I could eat that every fucking day.

>>7645397
You got a problem with an epic sogwich?
>>
>>7645738
Tbh I'm really sorry, I didn't even really pay attention to your post or your picture that much, and I'm on coke so I'm very assumptive rn
>>
>>7645759
No problem at all, friendo.
>>
>>7645783
Gimme a line and were straight familia
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.