[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20150517_150332.jpg (725 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150517_150332.jpg
725 KB, 1944x2592
Are there any essential books on cooking, not just recipe books but something that actually teaches you the basics / techniques?

I'm surprised if there aren't some classic books on cooking.
>>
The pic's a hamburger I made last year, was pretty damn tasty.
>>
File: 1449158116694.jpg (29 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1449158116694.jpg
29 KB, 960x498
>>7640403
There's mold on the cheese wtf is wrong with you
>>
i'd save money and just use youtube for techniques
>>
>>7640402
There are plenty, OP.
If you need something online, I suggest epicurious, which is an archive of the recipes from years of Gourmet, Bon Apetit...and the chefs who contributed (and tested) those recipes. The classics and famous named restaurant dishes are all there when you need to find one quick.
>>
>>7640403
Nice hamburger but I hope you learnt how to use a camera in the meantime
>>
>>7640403
when it comes to (ass)burgers, i think the tomato and cheese should touch. also the tomato and the onion should touch.
>>
>>7640402

Sous Chef: 24 Hours in the Kitchen by Michael Gibney.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastering_the_Art_of_French_Cooking

you have basics on cooking there
>>
Pepin's la technique?
>>
File: altonbrown_bk[1].jpg (55 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
altonbrown_bk[1].jpg
55 KB, 475x475
For learning basic techniques pic related is actually very good.

There are recipes for each technique and they're all really good too.
>>
>>7640402
Why the fuck did you put toothpaste on your burger? Also how did you eat that? Its a fucking tower
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.