[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you come down on the issue of people putting ketchup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 15
File: hotdog with ketchup.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hotdog with ketchup.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
Where do you come down on the issue of people putting ketchup on hotdogs? Bear in mind, your decision on this determines if you're an asshole or not.

If we're unclear, they're not putting ketchup on your hotdog, they just bought one for themselves, and they're about to drown that bitch in ketchup and walk away, never to impact your life again.

Does that bother you, yes or no?
>>
>>7636242
as opposed to putting what on it? relish? grow the fuck up chod
>>
putting only ketchup on a hot dog is the food equivalent of wearing socks with sandals. It might be comfy for you, but you're an idiot.
>>
I think it's ok if ketchup is included with other stuff... like mustard and onions.
>>
>>7636242
If you are buying a fucking hot dog, whether you use ketchup or not is kind of irrelevant. When you pick hot dog over a brat or other better sausage you told us all we need to know
>>
>>7636244

That's a dodge for an answer. The question stands. Does stuff like ketchup on a hotdog bother you?
>>
I don't care. Should I?
>>
Doesn't trigger me, but I do wonder why grown people still haven't learned to enjoy other flavours than sugar and salt. Have some ketchup, sure, but have some mustard as well.
>>
File: 1508590910.png (92 KB, 382x381) Image search: [Google]
1508590910.png
92 KB, 382x381
>>7636242
>The very sight of it
>>
>>7636242
>Why complain about something that doesn't affect your life at all?

Welcome to /ck/. Welcome to 4chan. Welcome to the internet in general.
>>
ketchup is a staple of hot dog condiments

you are wrong to disparage those who enjoy it
>>
>>7636242
I'd only be mad if it was a Chicago-style hot dog; those sure as hell don't need ketchup. But otherwise, hey, it's their funeral.
>>
Usually I use meat hot sauce and onions or maybe meat hot sauce and mustard and other times I simply want just ketchup on it. I think they are all good in their own ways. Just like other stuff on them as well. Nobody in the real world actually cares and if they do, maybe they should get off the internet for a while. I would love to see someone sperg out in a public place at someone using ketchup. If that is what matters in their life, they have severe issues.
>>
Is your hotdog on the floor
>>
>>7636242
yes
>>
Only mustard on hotdogs, no ketchup faggot
>>
>>7637559
not everyone uses $2 plastic cutting boards from dollar general
>>
>>7636242
why would i care if other people enjoy their $2 meaty foodstuff differently than i do
>>
>>7636242
m8, why would I care what somebody puts on their cheaparse cylinder of lips and arseholes
>>
I don't get why people think putting mustard on a hotdog is so much better than putting ketchup on it. Is it just tradition? What's the logic here?
>>
>>7637698
>Is it just tradition?
Yeah, mustard is traditional in Germany where these things originated.
>>
>>7636242
shitty meat in a bun needs to have flavour added to it. boiled meat like this is devoid of flavour

i like tomato sauce (ketchup), mild mustard, caramelized onions and cheese
>>
I use mayo, ketchup, and sweet relish
>>
>>7636242
I don't give a fuck what other people do, but I'm not above casually judging them. To me putting ketchup on a hot dog makes you look like a six year old. I see it in the same vein as an adult eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, making Kraft dinner when you're not feeding kids or drinking milk. It's a unique mix of infantile, outdated and low rent American taste. I would not necessarily look down on such a person, but I sure as fuck would not trust them to recommend a restaurant, because they have poor taste.
>>
>>7636242
I literally couldn't care, as I am not a whiny fucking bitch from a city in the northern United States which has culinary delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>7637736
What's your reasoning for thinking they're worse? Why is mustard "right" but ketchup is "wrong"?
>>
>>7637613
Why is your hot dog on a cutting board?
>>
>>7637742
It's not right or wrong. It's opting to flavor a bit of cured meat with something sweet instead of something pungent. Both work. But choosing sweet tells something about the character of the person. Sweet is what a six year old would choose 100% of the time. It's a simple choice. It tastes good, like Kraft dinner or cheap pizza. But there's no nuance. Pungent is more of an acquired taste. The person who chooses mustard (even better with sauerkraut) has moved beyond the childlike "sweet - good 100% of the time" mentality and is excited about flavors beyond that. I'd be more inclined to trust the person who chooses pungent when it comes to opinions about food. Because at the very least their preference is beyond that of a six year old.

The person I'd be most inclined to trust when it came to food opinions would be whoever enthuses about the hot dogs in Denmark or salchichas torta sandwiches when the topic of hot dogs comes up. That person will have a more interesting view of things than the person who opts for ketchup.
>>
>>7637613
>wooden cutting board
Enjoy your bacteria colonies.
>>
File: 1456388679184.png (114 KB, 232x269) Image search: [Google]
1456388679184.png
114 KB, 232x269
>>7636242
What kind of cheese do you put on your hot dog, /ck/?
>>
chef john from food wishes puts ketchup on his dogs and he is a revered chef so I think it is alright to do so
>>
Whenever I see someone put ketchup on a hot dog I screech as loud as I can and pummel my head with alternating hands until my handler puts me in the timeout seat
>>
>>7637736
What the fuck is wrong with peanut butter and jelly
>>
>>7638172
Not a thing. But given the world of possibilities for sandwiches out there an adult who would regularly choose pb+j would not be someone whose opinions about food I'd put much stock in.
>>
>>7636255
I wear socks with sandals all the time just to fuck with autists like you.
Honestly it doesn't look near as bad as it's made out to be as long as you don't wear white sport socks. At least I wear clothes that fit, make zero anime or vidya references, and am not fat. Overall I think I'm batting above par.
>>
>>7638183
So anytime I'm hungry I should make a turkey arugula sandwich with Gruyere cheese fresh from France with bread freshly baked from the neighborhood baker?
>>
>>7638214

Surely you realize that there are other options between PBJ and your carefully constructed hyperbole.
>>
File: Dwigt.jpg (54 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
Dwigt.jpg
54 KB, 350x392
>>7636242
What else would you put on a dog?
>>
>>7638221
Oh sure, but god forbid I ever offend the great taste of such people with my pitiful Peter Pan and welch' sandwich.

And don't call me shirley
>>
>>7638214
My point was about people whose opinions about food I'd be more likely to trust. The guy who puts ketchup on his hot dogs or regularly goes for a pb+j fits that bill, showing juvenile taste.

The turkey sandwich just shows no imagination. It's choosing the default. So I probably wouldn't pay much attention to that guy, either.
>>
>>7638231
>my pitiful Peter Pan and welch' sandwich.
well put
>>
File: goat.jpg (152 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
152 KB, 800x600
>hurr ketchup on a hot dog is gross

can we will kill this meme already?
ketchup was meant to go on a hot dog
perfect combination
>>
>>7638285
>perfect combination
if you're six years old
>>
>>7638290
that's rude and its no way to talk to an old lady
>>
>>7638293
There are plenty of old ladies who have the taste of six year olds. My mother in law in Wisconsin is an example. Calls anything beyond the plainest, blandest possible foods "icky".
>>
>>7638221
Perhaps you could clarify where you personally feel the cutoff is for a valid sandwich is, in your opinion?
>>
>>7638299
>Wisconsin
There's the problem.
>>
Hotdogs are a pork product, and pork products pair really well with both savory and sweets. Ketchup compliments it really well due to the savory of the vinegar, and the sweetness of the sugars (mimicking a gastrique but vegetable based instead of fruit) making it an ideal condiment for a hotdog. So next time someone tells you ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog, just you know that idea of purism is based in ignorance and not in proper culinary pairing.
>>
>>7638328
All sandwiches are valid. But I wouldn't trust the opinions about food of a person who regularly eats sandwiches no different from something you'd make for a fussy six year old. Because that's someone who doesn't give a fuck about food.
>>
You get a hotdog bun, you use a butter knife and spread a light serving of Mayo. You place the hot dog on it. Ketchup on 1 side. Mustard on the other. Optional onions and/or pickle relish on top.

The best way to eat a hot dog is to just have meat and bread and you dip it in sauce.
>>
>>7638347
Of course ketchup works on a hot dog. But the kind of person who would choose it over mustard has infantile taste.
>>
File: shift-em2.jpg (439 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
shift-em2.jpg
439 KB, 1600x1064
>>7638362
>regularly eats
>>
File: 1462121374098.jpg (30 KB, 283x438) Image search: [Google]
1462121374098.jpg
30 KB, 283x438
>>7638201
>planning out what to wear to "troll" other people in real life with your fashion sense
>>
File: you.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>I put mustard on my dog, ketchup is for plebs

BBQ masterrace here
>>
File: bloody-mary-ketchup.jpg (90 KB, 582x873) Image search: [Google]
bloody-mary-ketchup.jpg
90 KB, 582x873
I coat the insides of the roll with Colman's mustard first, and use this ketchup (pic related).
>>
>>7638201
>I dress like an autist on purpose to try and mess with people who have taste
This might be the saddest thing I've read.
>>
Don't care what other people do with their food, personally I like mayonnaise with hotdogs
>>
File: candy4-sized.jpg (19 KB, 251x320) Image search: [Google]
candy4-sized.jpg
19 KB, 251x320
>>7637736
you took the words right out of my mouth. thanks anon.
>>
>>7636242
kek, if I don't know them I'll mentally judge them and that will be it.

If it's a friend or acquaintance I'll mentally judge them every time we eat hot dogs
>>
>>7638201
Haha! I'm only pretending to look like a retard!
whatever floats your boat man
>>
>>7639089
missed the memearrow there, oops
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-18-00-15-09.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-18-00-15-09.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>7639003
I prefer the strong taste of miracle whip on my hot dogs
>>
>>7636242
definitely silently judging them for doing it. it's on my list of warning signs like being a liberal or teetotaller.
>>
>>7636242

Im from chicago, i don't really care. I like a hot dog with ketchup, mustard, and onions

You cant put it on a hot dog with all the Chicago style toppings though, it completely ruins the dog
>>
>>7636309

More like welcome to life
>>
>>7637810
Why would you want something sweet on your hot dog? That sounds disgusting that's why I just use ketchup
>>
>2016
>Not heating up a pot
>Not putting soy sauce in said pot
>Not adding corn starch
>Not thickening the sauce
>Not spreading the thick sauce on your franks

What is this, soviet communist russia circa 1960?
>>
>>7636242
No because I'm not an autist.

>getting mad when people put a shitty condiment on a shitty food
>"""""""""""""""""""gourmet"""""""""""""""""""""""" dogs
>>
I don't judge for ketchup on hotdogs.
But I have higher respect for people that do mustard, mayo, relish, or onions.

Nothing wrong with ketchup. But there's definitely better alternatives.
>>
It doesn't bother me at all. Personally I don't use ketchup because hot dog wieners tend to be fairly sweet, and I'd rather have something spicy to contrast.

But it's a bunch of shitty unwanted meat trimmings in a tube. It's not haute cuisine. People who get triggered over the use of ketchup on their shitty meat tube probably have actual autism.
>>
>>7639089
>>7638984
>>7638404
Did I mention it's extremely comfortable and easy to slip on and off? :^)
Enjoy your form over function, senpaitachi.
>>
>>7636242
It's a fucking hotdog. Even if I sperged out over what other people do with their food, why would I give a shit what someone puts on their hotdog? It's cheap processed meat scraps.

I don't care whether someone puts ketchup on a hotdog, mixes Jack Daniels with soda, or drinks their Folgers with 0-calories sweetener and non-dairy creamer. You can't "ruin" any of those things because they're already garbage.
>>
>>7639566
Edgy as fuck my friend. It's not a case of ruining something special, it's a case of depriving yourself of something slightly nicer because you're closed minded.
>>
>>7636318
And you're a low-energy cuck.
>>
>>7636242

are you under age 10? go ahead.

are you poor as shit, with no hope to succeed in life? go ahead.

do you not fall into one of those groups? not allowed.
>>
>>7636242
>Where do you come down on the issue of people putting ketchup on hotdogs? Bear in mind, your decision on this determines if you're an asshole or not.

I enjoy my hot dogs in several difference ways

>ketchup, mustard, onions and pickle relish
>or preferably, sauce and cole slaw

Depending on whether I'm at home or at some heathen establishment that doesn't serve slaw for their dogs.
>>
>>7639593
What an open minded statement

Go castrate yourself
>>
>>7636242
It's not even your hotdog, who gives a fuck
>>
>>7639207
Ketchup is sweet you mong. Or does the shock of the vinegar distract you so much you don't notice the sugar?
>>
>>7636242
Yes, it does bother me.

It'd bother me if someone said "I really prefer Wal-Mart's ground beef to a quality steak!"

It's just fucking odd and shows a lack of taste.
>>
>>7637613
How the fuck can a cutting board cost 2 dollars if it's from a 1 dollar store. Confirmed retarded.
>>
Ketchup on hot dogs is delicious

/thread
T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
>>7637613
>can't afford a cutting board from dollar general
>cuts food on the floor
>>
File: 1458944190383.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1458944190383.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>7636255
>be me
>decide /his/ and /fit/ are beginning to become boring
>il check out a new board
>/ck/
>putting only ketchup on a hot dog is the food equivalent of wearing socks with sandals. It might be comfy for you, but you're an idiot.
>mfw
>>
>>7636242
sage goes in all fields
>>
File: Completo.jpg (29 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
Completo.jpg
29 KB, 580x350
Prepare to get triggered then, OP.
BEHOLD! The super hotdog!
>>
>>7637810
>pungency is inherently better than sweetness

I love me some strong mustard, but you're literally autistic. They're fucking condiments. People don't even use the same condiments every time they eat, sometimes they use ketchup, sometimes mustard, sometimes fucking mayo or a mix of all of the above with relish and god knows what else.

If you're trying to infer something about a person's character from what they slather on their mechanically separated trash meat, you're putting way too much stock in your own powers of perception, and your ability to judge character. People's food choices are often really fucking erratic, you're trying to infer a constant out of something impulsive. If I see a sauce or some shit that I haven't tried, I'll opt for that. If you were to try and judge my character from my choosing this sauce I'd never tried, you'd be pissing in the wind because I don't even know if I like it yet.

BTW I like a thin line of ketchup with a serpentine of spicy brown mustard, or just a thin line of sriracha. If I'm grilling the dogs, I eat them plain, because grilled dogs shouldn't need a drop of anything. The point is, you're full of yourself, and also fucking retarded, which is a poor mix.
>>
>>7638183
What's wrong with PBJ you fucking cuck
>>
>>7638285
Not that much, bruh. Anything more than a thin line overpowers it for me. I either like ketchup and relish, or mustard and sauerkraut.
>>
>>7638372
Based on?

You basically just said

>it tastes good and pairs well
>but you're stupid if you like it
>>
>>7638201
Why do you base your life around others peoples opinions of you? Especially if you're fostering a negative opinion of yourself.
>>
>>7640187
It's a choice of footwear mate he's not exactly building a career based on pissing people off.
>>
>>7640195
all careers are built upon footwear m8
>>
>>7636255

lmao that makes no fucking sense
>>
>>7637810

it's a fucking hot dog no one cares, ketchup is traditional hot dog condiment, thats all there is, mustard doesnt taste good with sausage
>>
>>7639919

exactly this.
>>
>>7636242
I think ketchup-hate is more of a east coast thing.

Why people talk of places like New York and other East states they talk about how they will never use ketchup.

But here in the West Coast no one blinks an eye to it. Everyone uses ketchup here.
>>
>>7637876
Pepper Jack.

Pepper Jack on everything.
>>
File: maang.jpg (194 KB, 1092x746) Image search: [Google]
maang.jpg
194 KB, 1092x746
I don't pay much attention to what other people do. I think what would bug me the most, and that isn't really saying very much, is if you put the exact same thing on your hot-dog every time you ate a hot-dog. Dull, unadventurous people really confuse me and make me sad.

I like mustard more than ketchup I think, but I don't use it all the time. I love trying different mustards too. The crunchy European ones are fun.
>>
File: fucktheketchupkids.jpg (90 KB, 506x297) Image search: [Google]
fucktheketchupkids.jpg
90 KB, 506x297
We can all be honest here, ketchup on hot dogs is for little kids and the taste challenged. Mustard, dill relish (not sweet, you fucking manchild), sauerkraut, cheese, onions, chili, these are the true patrician hot dog condiments. And if you put mustard on a chili dog you're retarded again.
>>
>>7636242
It doesn't bother me.

But German mustard is so very much better.
>>
Don't understand why anyone would give a shit how anybody else eats their fucking hot dog. I used to eat them with ketchup when I was a kid but the older I got, the more I moved to BASED mustard.
>>
>>7638165
Underrated boast
>>
>>7638404
Not realizing that most fashion is meta as fuck. Shit bro, can you even into fashion at all?
>>
>>7639890
We have a lot of shitposts, but it can also be a pretty interesting and informative board
>>
>>7640705
>Don't understand why anyone would give a shit how anybody else does anything
Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>7640365
>ketchup is traditional hot dog condiment
Ketchup was the traditional everything condiment for Americans a couple generations ago. I don't know if it was really specific to hot dogs though. If you look at places where hot dogs were particularly popular mustard (along with sauerkraut) tends to rule the day. Greek onions may be common in NYC, and chili is huge in Michigan, but mustard remains the default in Chicago and NYC, which are the hot dog capitals of the US. Ketchup ended up on hot dogs because there were a couple generations of Americans who put it on everything, not because it was the best fit for the dish.
>>
>>7636242
I love me som 'chup on my 'dogs, but that pic is overkill
>>
>>7641193
>mustard remains the default in Chicago and NYC, which are the hot dog capitals of the US
*Mustard* - Do you mean that yellow sweet stuff that comes from squeezy bottles?
>>
>>7641244

hey don't make fun of NYC its got so much goddamn culture you would never understand

if they put shitty low quality neon yellow heinz squeeze mustard on their processed meat tubes you better do it too you fucking flyover. the way we do shit in NYC is the way the whole fucking world better do that shit or they are obviously just wrong and fucking uneducated hicks.
>>
>>7641253
>don't make fun of NYC its got so much goddamn culture you would never understand
Tell that to someone who believes it.
>>
I don't understand why would anyone only use one condiment. Nigga I always got mustard and ketchup and mayo, plus other shit. Hotdogs taste like ass on thier own.
>>
>>7641244
That's just at tourist places so we don't scare them away. At delis the mustard is brown and on the spicy side.
>>
>>7636242

I don't have a problem with people putting ketchu on their hot dogs.

I would get in the face of some 'sperglord trying to tell someone else how to enjoy their hotdog. I'd probably order a dog for myself and dare them to stop me from putting ketchup on it.
>>
Savage's also I'm well aware that I'm an asshole
>>
>>7637810
>acquired taste

Just like shit
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.