[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Hey /ck/,

I don't normally post here, but I was wondering if anybody had any grill recommendations. Buying one because I'll be entertaining a lot this summer. Definitely looking to go the charcoal route because propane grills are less bang for the buck (flavor aside), and seems there's more to do with charcoal. Looked into the Big Green Egg, and that just seemed like a grill autist rabbit hole. Then I stumbled across pic related. Anybody have any experience with it?
>>
>>7635310
Seems like a decent smoker. Price point is around $150 too, so it's dirt cheap.
>>
>>7635320
Forgot pic
>>
The key to smoking is to maintain a CONSISTENT low temperature.

The simpler your smoker, the more work you have to put in to make temps consistent.

This is why there is a rabbithole on the subject.

Get a po'man if you want, just make sure you put in the work.
>>
>>7635345
Makes sense. Every review said it was pretty much piss simple, so I figure it's okay for my first foray into it. Thanks, anon
>>
just get a weber and be done with it
>>
>>7635645
Already have a shitty little grill for burgers and dogs. Looking to get a little more flavor and be able to cook larger amounts of food.
>>
>>7635310
I went to Auburn University and this is fucking embarrassing...

If you're getting a barrel type cooker, get something with an adjustable air intake and exhaust, otherwise controlling the heat and the smoke will be a major headache. Adding fuel seems like a real headache with this as well. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain cooker, and I'm pretty satisfied with it.
>>
>>7636012
>Adding fuel seems like a real headache with this as well
That's what I thought, but apparently there's an inlet at the bottom.

How much was your smoker, anon?
>>
File: IMG_20160430_174811.jpg (1003 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_174811.jpg
1003 KB, 1520x2688
>>7635310
if you can afford it, and can get used to lump charcoal, which is way better anyway, the big green egg cannot be beat.

There are cheaper versions made by other companies such as Primo and Kamado Joe but the ceramic is not as thick.

Here is a pic of a prime rib roast I did the other night.
>>
http://www.walmart.com/ip/7386358?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=14&adid=22222222228009869771&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40470972392&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=63190692774&veh=sem

Sorry if the url is bullshit. It's a little chief from Walmart. If the size isn't enough, they also make a big chief. If smoking is all you need, it's dirt cheap and effective. Also seems much easier to modify than a... can.
>>
File: IMG_20160430_170604.jpg (3 MB, 3286x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_170604.jpg
3 MB, 3286x2432
>>7635645
This. I love my Webers.
>>
>>7636023
$299 at Lowes (same as Amazon). I've cooked several whole briskets on it, cut it half. I've also cooked two turkeys at the same time and pork butts. I would say that a digital probe thermometer is almost mandatory with any smoker you buy, so figure that into the cost.
>>
Everyone I know who has a Big Green Egg absolutely loves it. Apparently it's worth the price.
>>
>>7636182
Three hundred bucks isn't bad
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.