[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm from Germany and people here think they are BBQ enthusiasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: every-fucking-BBQ-in-Germany.jpg (33 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
every-fucking-BBQ-in-Germany.jpg
33 KB, 479x600
I'm from Germany and people here think they are BBQ enthusiasts when all they do is buy sausages and pre-seasoned steaks. I did the same thing all my life without even realising you can do so much more with a grill.

What is your go-to recipe for a BBQ?
>>
>>7634471
>BBQ
>not smoked meat cooked on a barbecue
Congratulations Germany
>>
>>7634471
I'm from middle italy and putting anything other than coarse salt and maybe rosemary on grilling meat is considered sacrilege.
>>
>>7634471
>All german supermarkets and discounters advertise all this BBQ shit.
>It's May and the weather isn't even BBQ worthy.
Feels bad to be german.
>>
>>7634480
i'm sure that illegal in Germany
>>
>>7634471

Are you asking about smoking, or grilling, as they are two different things entirely.

I smoke pork butts, chickens, turkeys and such, and leave the grilling to smaller pieces of meat, like steaks.
>>
>>7634505
since 1945, yeah
>>
File: 2016-05-03-202736_scrot.png (2 MB, 962x722) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03-202736_scrot.png
2 MB, 962x722
>>7635146

Hard af to smoke stuff if you live in a Euro commieblock. I built a cold smoker similar to this one at my summer cabin though. It's great fun, but cold smoking is of course mostly useful for fish and coldcuts and the like (though I do recommend cold smoking an entire cut and then grilling it, tastes fantastic).

On a related note, cured meat and fish is also fantastic to either sear or grill.
>>
>>7634505
No, why would it?
>>
>>7634471
DAS EINZIGE WAS MIR AUF DEM GRILL KOMMT IST GUTE DEUTSCHE WURST!
BBQ-Fags get fuck out!
>>
File: 1439846038145.jpg (12 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
1439846038145.jpg
12 KB, 250x318
>>7634471
rub ground coffee, salt and pepper (ted and barneys for best ratio) on your favorite cut (ribeye or top sirloin work great) and place on grill. cook on grill until coffee rub is well roasted, remove meat from grill and let sit 5 minutes or so to finish.

>it sounds so gross but it tastes so good
>also pepper and salt rub by itself is really good
>>
>>7634471
>BBQ
>steaks
That sounds fucking awful. Steaks are meant to be cooked quickly over high heat, not the low and slow method you use for BBQ.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.