[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Americans! Europoor here. Should I put peanut butter in fridge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 500x375
Hey Americans! Europoor here. Should I put peanut butter in fridge or not?
>>
>>7626759
I never do.
>>
You should put it in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>7626766
It's tasty with banana or jam, energy in the morning 5-6 hours , fuck off.
>>
>>7626761
Peanut butter is shelf stable, whether it's natural or not. The oil will eventually go rancid in natural peanut butters, but it will still take a long time at a reasonable room temperature.

Refrigeration just keeps natural PB a little firmer and helps prevent separation.

tldr; do whatever you want.
>>
If it's one that has hydrogenated oil added, keep it on the shelf. If it's natural, store it in the fridge upside down. Easy to stir in oils that way.
>>
another retarded question.
I bought two litters of fake pear juice and forgot it in the freezer for a couple day, it froze and i tried to defroze it near the heater which melted some of it but for some reason the sugar and flavour separated from most of the water making the watery part disustingly strong.
Would this melt in the fridge by tomorrow o should i leave it outside?
>>
Creamy yes, crunchy no. Too hard to get out and doesn't improve the taste unlike with creamy.
>>
>>7626788
Was it Looza?
>>
>>7626771
>put natural peanut butter in fridge
>gets hard as fuck
>impossible to spread on anything

So I don't have to put it in the fridge? Because I'm pretty much limited to eating it out of the jar with a spoon because it'll just ball up if I try and spread it.
>>
>>7626759
For shitty, homogenized peanut butter made with hydrogenated oil like the stuff in your picture, sure. Otherwise no, as it gets extremely thick, but it should be stored upside down and kept cool (room temp or slightly below) because heat makes it extremely runny and therefore also impossible to do anything with.
>>
>>7626934
In my experience, it works with some brands and not others. A lot of natural ones are completely unusable at room temperature, it's like peanut butter soup. Some you don't even have to stir and you can barely spread it. Still haven't found a perfect brand.

The ones with a bit of oil mixed in (but no sugar) are a nice compromise between healthy and convenient.
>>
>>7626955
>Still haven't found a perfect brand.
Adams. Or if you find even that too greasy, then just skim off a couple tablespoons of oil before thoroughly - THOROUGHLY - incorporating it.
>>
What >>7626771 said, odds are it'll be safe in the shelf for a long time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.