[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else ever microwave their sandwiches? I really like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Does anyone else ever microwave their sandwiches? I really like the soft, almost steamed bread texture, melted cheese and cooked ham taste you get.
>>
>>7625813
I own a panini press because I'm not a fucking pleb.
>>
>>7625813
Did you grow up poor by chance?
>>
File: assembly.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
assembly.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>7625816
That's the thing, it's a different experience to fried or grilled bread, a bit like bao.

Pro tip, put the ham on the bottom bread slice with a bit of butter.
>>
File: fuck unitaskers.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fuck unitaskers.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>7625816
>>
File: opened.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
opened.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
>>7625828
Then when it comes out of the microwave, flip it over.

This achieves two things:
- It's easy to lift the ham-slice which is now on top, allowed access to add any toppings you didn't want to microwave, such as pickle.
- It stops the slice that was underneath from continuing to cook and becoming too soggy.

I find a minute to a minute and a half is about right usually. Cheddar and ham is a classic, but emmental and English mustard is another favourite of mine.

>>7625822
Not really. I just like a warm sandwich quickly sometimes.
>>
File: 1459529885008.jpg (23 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
1459529885008.jpg
23 KB, 398x400
there are half a dozen other ways to achieve this without having to resort to microwaving your sandwich dude
>>
>>7625931
But microwaving is surely the easiest.

Sounds good, OP. Sometimes I just want a warm sandwich without the bread being toasted or fried.
>>
>>7627129
Exactly, it's nice to have a soft texture sometimes.
>>
>>7625813
>soft, almost steamed bread texture

my nigga.

i know exactly what you're talking about. i make these every once in a while.
>>
File: 71aoxQGalzL._SL1500_.jpg (197 KB, 1500x1158) Image search: [Google]
71aoxQGalzL._SL1500_.jpg
197 KB, 1500x1158
>not having pic related
>>
>>7627370
But you can just do that in a pan.
>>
>>7627605

It's not the same.
>>
I microwave then toast them a bit
>>
>>7625813

when i was a fat kid my comfiest "meal" was microwaving buttered slices of scali bread until they were steamy hot and super soft
>>
>>7625813
You mean soggy, alternately hot and cold, and nasty as fuck?

If I want a hot sandwich, I have a panini press.
>>
A word of warning, if you try this with one of those seeded loaves, some of the seeds can get nuclear.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.