[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to enjoy this? I mostly stick to ciders, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: arrogant-bastard-beer.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
arrogant-bastard-beer.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
How am I supposed to enjoy this?

I mostly stick to ciders, but after hearing great things about this from friends I decided to pick up two bottles.

The bitter aftertaste is what is getting to me, and I'm not sure if I'm drinking it right. Warm or cold? From the bottle, or in a snifter?

I've gone through one bottle already, and it reminds me heavily of a skunked Heineken
>>
>>7623685
what is it with you people?
why do you need someone telling you what you should think and like, and how?
i know it's a cliche, but just be yourself ffs. you don't like the bitter aftertaste, drink something that doesn't leave one
Jesus wept
>>
>>7623685
i got a bottle of it at christmas, i drank it cold from the bottle, it was fairly bitter but nothing extreme, but it didnt remind me of heineken in the least, in that it actually had flavour.
i would suggest cold from the fridge, either from the bottle or in a cold glass
>>
>>7623685
It's called arrogant bastard because the only people who enjoy such things are arrogant bastards who have to be different and will down shitty bitter beers even when they don't like them just to one-up their acquaintances.
>>
>>7623685
I think your over thinking how to drink beer
>>
Why would you go from cider straight to arrogant bastard? Dumb.
>>
>>7623685

>how am i supposed to enjoy this
>it reminds me heavily of a skunked heineken

I'd suggest going to the doctor and getting your taste buds checked out.
>>
>>7623685
In the North of England they prefer a colder beer than we do down South.

A slight chill or room temp. is better (IMO) you can taste it more. A lot of new American Ales tend to be on the strong side as they are trying to establish themselves and this is a prime example.

Stick to something around the 4.5 - 5.5% ABV mark until you acquire the taste.
>>
Tried a double bastard once but it was a bit too much for my tastes. I can see how one might enjoy it if you love intense flavors. Is the regular Arrogant Bastard a little more palatable?
>>
>>7623912

Yes. It's well balanced and nothing over the top. OP just doesn't drink beer.
>>
>>7623916
Alright, I'll try it out if I can get my hand on it here in sweden, I liked the overall flavor of the double, it was just a bit too intense for me. Thanks!
>>
>>7623785

>not understanding the most elementary of post-irony
>>
>>7623685

Beer is an acquired taste for some people. Not everyone ahs the same pallet obviously and something strong tasting like beer wouldnt appeal so widely if there was no alcohol.

When i first started drinking beer I liked it because i was finally old enough to buy it and it was new for me. After a while i couldn't drink the macrobrews any more because one sip would make me gag. I gradually went through every tier of craft and foreign beers to where i would eventually be walking out of the mixpack stores with 60 dollar 6packs. i stopped for a while because i realized it was getting ridiculous. one day i was craving beer but wanted to spend little money so i tried some red stripe again and i didnt mind it at all.

so in other words if you dont like it now, dont drink it. get a taste for new things and take a break if it isnt your thing. one day you might remember the taste and crave it.
>>
>>7623685
If you mainly stick to ciders, chances are you shouldn't of randomly picked up a strong ale, especially one known for being pretty hoppy and bitter.

Beer progression and acclimation is a thing. Very few people jump into stronger beers and enjoy them right off the bat.
>>
>>7623685
What's the best by date?
>>
>>7623685
>>I mostly stick to ciders
found your problem. stick to your sugar alcohol and mixed drinks, sweetheart.

Stone is one of my favorite brewing companies. They have the best IPA, imo
>>
>>7623685
6/10, try harder.
>>
File: hopsation.jpg (80 KB, 704x380) Image search: [Google]
hopsation.jpg
80 KB, 704x380
>>7623685
start with something hoppy but not as strong
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.