[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britfag. So I'm heading to NY in 2 days and I'm planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: KATZ-DELI.jpg (312 KB, 640x371) Image search: [Google]
KATZ-DELI.jpg
312 KB, 640x371
Britfag. So I'm heading to NY in 2 days and I'm planning on spending the 4 days there on a food tour, and I'd like some recommendations.

Fast food, fine dining, street eats, whatever, give me a taste of the USA.

It's hard to avoid touristy bullshit in a place like that but anywhere locals eat also, I wanna be there.
>>
Touristy doesn't mean bad, as your pic will prove. Then again it doesn't mean good, as proven by the midtown halal memecart.

"What locals eat" is very broad. Presumably you have an idea of what "the real NYC" is. I can probably help you find that, if you explain what's in your fantasy vision.
>>
>>7612136

Oversized deli sandwiches, classic NY thin crust pizzas, gourmet dogs, places in Koreatown (big fan of ramen, kimchi) seafood...

I have a general stereotypical image on what to expect but I'm just after some sweet spots i guess.
>>
>>7612117
As a Britfag who has spent a few days in NY (on a shopping trip) you will lucky if you get any replies here.

American food (although cheap and plentiful ) is awful and I reckon most Americans know this and out of embarrassment they will not give you any pointers.

Just soak it up anon . .. .American food is pants.
>>
>>7612155

Splendid, not exactly what I wanted to hear.
>>
Make a rservation for Rao's. Good food. 455 E 114th St, New York, NY 10029
>>
>>7612182

Pretty steep prices but the place looks authentic, might give it a go, thanks
>>
>>7612117
Katz's is touristy bullshit, but at least the food is good.The same is true of Lombardi's, which you will have to hit for a coal oven pie. And you'll want to do a burger at Shake Shack, and maybe another at Joe Jr. And hot dogs at Papaya King (one with Sauerkraut and mustard the other with Greek onions). A bagel with lox and a schmear at Russ and Daughters Cafe, maybe followed with a tour of the Tenement Museum. Ramen at Momofuku or Ippudo. And whatever famous chef restaurants you have on your list.

also, obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IaoC5iQiQ
>>
If you're feeling ambitious you can go to queens for Greek, Indian or Chinese food
>>
File: 61130632.jpg (106 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
61130632.jpg
106 KB, 400x400
>>7612191

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Awesome.
>>
Get Mexican food at Downtown Bakery.
>>
>>7612177
You won't find any culinary delights in NY mate, I discovered that - but it's a great place to soak up the atmosphere of America, It's kind of like central London but on steroids and I mean that in a good way.

You do get more food your money and I can't deny that that was the best bit.

Try things out for comparison . . .try and get a decent cup of tea or fish and chips . . .. just for fun!

When it comes to Chinese, Indian, Turkish or even Italian they are so far removed, it makes you want to weep

But When it comes to Burgers they wipe the floor with anything we have in Britain, seriously!

Never use America as a culinary experience . . . .they don't cut the mustard but enjoy the ambience, it's a different world!
>>
>>7612148
>>7612148
Deli: you're good
Pizza: John's of Bleeker (whole pie only), Patsy's E. Harlem, DiFara (long trip warning)
Hot dogs: lol can't help you there
Seafood: oyster bar at gct for gritty old school, marea or le bernardin for nice
KTown: lunchtime, try the food court, the food could be better but it's "real locals". Late, try pocha32, the food is skeezy but the atmosphere is great and everyone is drunk. Dinner, try hanjan, it's more of an upscale small plates joint, you should drink hard and get the prix fixe (dress nice)
>>
>>7612155
>>7612213
(you)
>>
>>7612117
Don't listen to that other brit fag. Go to chinatown and find a hole in the wall pho place. Lower east side, go to Veselka for the best varenyky anywhere.
>>
>>7612117
>German Deli
So they serve kebabs right?
>>
>>7612241
only one of the best pastrami sandwiches to have ever existed. Are you not into food or something and have no clue what the place is? It's been featured just about every where. They even ship their meat all over the world and they do that because people want it so take your stupid shit some where else.
>>
>>7612256
Silly anon, Germany is a Islamic country.
That restaurant wouldn't serve anything that's not halal for that authentic German cuisine.
>>
>>7612260
>I have spent too much time on /pol/
>I don't realise that my own united states are 48% hispanic/black
> walk away - get shot!
>>
File: 56957271.jpg (136 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
56957271.jpg
136 KB, 472x472
>>7612213
>>7612219

Thanks guys. Making a list, I'mm be able to visit most of these places. Bite and go.
>>
>>7612273
>be Brit
>get arrested under discrimination laws for saying something someome didn't like over social media

Of course I've heard of Katz, anon.
It's impossible not to have.
>>
>>7612238
>Don't listen to that other brit fag
I am the other Britfag and let me tell you this.

Us Brits are open to try different stuff and the more you tell us not to do something, the more likely we are to try it.

The current meme on /ck/ of promoting Vietnamese 'PHO' . . .is having the opposite effect . . .. it's a watery stock with bits of meat and veg dropped into it, let's not beat around the bush about this!
>>
>>7612307
>be[hide my identity] because my country has equally stupid laws.
>>
>>7612213
>>7612312
Why do you post ... like a ... 'SCHIZOPHRENIC'?
Genuinely retarded . . . or only pretending!
Have a ... YOU!
>>
>>7612323
Great contribution .. .enjoy your sketti.
>>
>>7612117
yelp, foursquare, eater, time out ny, foodbeast, munchies, firstwefeast, bon appetit, thrillist

all of these are curated on this site called google.com

all of these are a lot more thought out than the spew you'll get from paint-chip-eating mongloids on a congolese button-trading site. that fucktard further up the thread is prime example #1 of this.
>>
>>7612331
>actually recommending yelp
>>
>>7612336
i trust yelp about a thousand times more than i trust the """"people"""" on 4chan
>>
>>7612341
If you dislike 4chan so much why are you still here? And I'll trust Anon over some middle aged single mom on yelp any day
>>
just eat any where

it will be better than anything you can eat in UK
>>
>>7612341
I have seen Yelp reviews of places I have been to.
They are as pretentious as fuck, some of them life on another planet.

Use it as a guide if you must . . .but bigger fool you - if you think it's some sort of Bible!
>>
>>7612369
life or live? life or live? The million dollar question! life or live?!
>>
Uk fag here, some of the places I enjoyed (I'll probably get blasted by locals for my shit taste but whatever):
Mighty Quinns bbq
NY pizza suprema
Shake Shack
Big daddys diner (for breakfast)
Random chinatown restaurant (can't remember the name, but they all looked very similar, food was incredibly cheap and delicious, massive portions too).

I didn't go anywhere super fancy. I also ate a lot from food carts. I did get a mcdonalds breakfast once, but only because they do mcgriddles over there which you can't get in the uk.
>>
>>7612366
>it will be better than anything you can eat in UK
My name is Ivan but I have never been to UK.

Uk is bad - I see on website 4chan. - America is best, Levi jeans, coca cola and macdonalds are best in world.
>>
>>7612356
lol. gl with that. friendly reminder that people who like jack are anons on here. have fun trusting shitheads like that over an aggregate review of multiple people, including some of the numerous other websites i listed including those that are paid to write about food for a living.
>>
>>7612219
>DiFara
This. So much this. Worth the trip out to Midwood.
>>
You should try to find a good greasy burger joint while your here.
>>
>>7612213
>You won't find any culinary delights in NY

why are you even trying to bait this hard? you can't just be an anonymous poster without being le trolle xD ?
>>
Do they have a Ruth Chris Steak house in NY?
>>
>>7612238
>pho
>nyc
No, especially not if it's some random choice.

I don't know why people manage to split hairs over goddamm fast food joints, but when it comes to anything remotely ethnic "lol just pick a spot at random the dirtier the better LMAO minorities!"
>>
>>7612607
Probably, but why?
>>
>>7612117

Longtime New Yorker here --

-- Xi'an's Famous (multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn) does superb northern Chinese noodles

-- Roberta's (pizza) in Bushwick, so long as you can withstand the probably hour-plus wait, hipsters, and French tourists

-- Absolute Bagel in the Upper West Side does the quintessential New York bagel-and-lox thing
>>
>>7612777
Pho Grand is good.
>>
What I learned going to these massive cities in the states, is that everyone has their own opinions. They'll tell you to go to X's shitty white trash Diner that's 2 train lines and a bus ride away, but it's "worth the trip". They neglect to mention that it's where they grew up or next to the conference centre they spent their entire trip at. In LA a barista tried to convince me to travel 45 minutes by bus into what even I knew was a sketchy part of town to try "the best burgers in America(TM)".

Fine dining is a little different, but if you want to avoid touristy bullshit just do some exploring of your own. Like some other anon said there's plenty of review websites to help you avoid crap.
>>
File: images_RE11000318_sub5.jpg (675 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
images_RE11000318_sub5.jpg
675 KB, 2048x1536
Fellow Brit here.

Most memorable meals were at Nobu's (I was 15 at the time and hadn't had much sushi at all but I suppose you can get that in the UK as well).

And Fiorello's (pic related). This one was quite expensive but it was also my favourite! The atmosphere was amazing and we combined it with a show at the Lincoln centre (which is the done thing as I'm told) and it was excellent.

Also had Pasta Alfredo at Alfredo's but I think that's shut now and had my first Bison burger ever Ted's Montana Grill, which like the other Britfag said is quite good compared to your average Brit burger.
>>
File: sbarro-vegan.png (90 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
sbarro-vegan.png
90 KB, 1024x605
Best pizza in NY here man. Little family joint
>>
DO NOT GO TO KATZ DELI. There is absolutely nothing remotely special about their shitty $20 corned beef sandwiches. You can get the same (with more generous portions) at any other diner / deli. Katz deli is not only a tourist trap but a literal trap in that they have about fifty black bouncers (why would a deli need so many bouncers?) who try to shake you down and claim you didn't pay because of their retarded ticket ordering system. I'm not fucking joking when I say I've seen them detain a dozen people who all paid for their food and tried to intimidate them into paying again. Absolutely no reason to go to this absurd shit hole of a restaurant when about 10,000 other normal delis exist in NYC. Fuck anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>7612304
Do not get a cup of tea, it'll be fucking aids. If you want good tea go to the south that's where the good ol sweet tea was born and raised.
>>
Go to Jackson Heights, Queens, lots of good Mexican, South American, and Indian food
>>
>>7612213
>it's a great place to soak up the atmosphere of America
No. The atmosphere of NY is far, far removed from anywhere else in the US. I think part of the reason most foreigners hate us is because they went to NY once and think the entire country is like that.

>hurr flyover
No I don't live in manhattan, since that's all that word means on /ck/
>>
>>7613292
Every city has a different vibe to it so I don't get your point. Even the boroughs of NYC are a lot different from each other. Even the neighborhoods within the boroughs.
>>
>>7613292
As a lifelong resident I can honestly say I fucking hate it here sometimes. But I can't say no to all the money I'm making.
>>
>>7613292
>The atmosphere of NY is far, far removed from anywhere else in the US.
This is actually why foreigners like NY
>>
OP if you're into drinking you should check out the nightlife, bars in NYC are open til 4AM and the scene is very lively on a Friday or Saturday night
>>
>>7613314
As a foreigner who's been there, I can confirm this
>>
ITT: uppity burgers disliking their meme-derived worldview challenged

Been living in the USA for almost 4 years now. Their definition of "good" food is "indulgent" food. Prepare for the majority of dishes to have salt or fat as the focal point. Expect everything to have cheese on it, even if it makes no sense. Expect the quality of the individual ingredients to be poor but "compensated for" (el oh fucking el) by portions being bigger than you can comfortably eat in a sitting.

It's dogshit, op. You can find good places to eat but they are special occasion places and you will shell out a fuckton more than you would elsewhere because the americans treat anything cooked with care or using decent ingredients with reverence, like it's super hard or something.

Just come, enjoy it for what it is, don't expect much or fall for their autofellating myths and go home happy. It's fine. America is about bang for your buck, not the best you can do. It is what it is.
>>
>>7613349
Stop being such an arrogant bastard, it sounds like you only went to meme restaurants
>>
Restaurant Nippon
2nd Ave Deli
Momofuka Milk Bar
St. Anselm's Steak House get the tea brined whole roast chicken
Cafe Mogador
Bonchon
>>
>>7613301
The guy said he went to NY and thought it was a good representation of the country as a whole. My point is that NY isn't like anywhere else in the US, which for better or worse we can all agree on. It's a big country, I just get a bit irked at the "america begins and ends with NY" meme
>>
NY is the ultimate food meme destination

even Austin Texas has a better food scene than NY at this point
>>
>>7612191
Is Shake Shack different in NYC? I remember waiting in line back in 2011 for this amazing burger. But I've tried it in the DC airport and at their location in Chicago and it was a through and through mediocre burger, not even as good as 5 guys.
>>
>>7613349
This isn't remotely true in NYC and really only sort of applies to southern cooking and the meals in flyover land/Chicago
>>
>>7612899
Ha ha, it is! But I wouldn't send tourists there.
>>7613402
>Cafe Mogador
Classic, but not something a tourist would find amazing.
>>7613606
>Is Shake Shack different in NYC?
LaFrieda beef makes a difference.
>>
>travel to America
>go to the worst city in the country

why they do this?
>>
>>7613671
New York, not Los Angeles
>>
>>7613671
What makes it "the worst city in the country"?

inb4 /pol/ memes
>>
>>7613349
>i've been living in USA for 4 years now so I know better than people who have lived here their entire lives

simply ebin
>>
>>7613676

LA has better food than NY thats for sure
>>
>>7613695
If you're gay, I suppose
>>
>>7612813
Absolute Bagel was alright; I live nearby and tried their stuff. Overpriced and not as good as the stuff I've had at jew parties

Also OP if you're going into Queens, look for a place called Warique. It's Peruvian and god damn is it good
>>
>>7613349
This guy sounds miserable, but I agree that you should just enjoy the trip for what it is man. Even of you try a place and hate it, it'll make a good story.
>>
>>7613349
>I've been living in Chicago for 4 years and I genuinely believe Chicagoans when they say "we're totally like new york"
sorry you picked flyover country
>>
>>7613247
The only people who lose their tickets after reading the 40 huge ass signs that say DON'T LOSE YOUR TICKET are women, women who think crying will get them out of paying $50 (or whatever they charge these days for lost tickets). Without fail, every time I have gone with someone and they lost a ticket, it was a woman. Without fail, every time I'm there someone else is at the counter making a big emotional scene, it's a woman, and it's about a lost ticket.

Next time ask your male companion to safeguard it for you, you dumb cunt
>>
>>7612117
there was a nice chinese place in chinatown, but can't for the life of me remember the name of it. i was there like 3 years ago. don't try the pizza in NYC though, it's mediocre at best and costs a shitload.
the good news is that you can't starve there, every portion is twice what you would need. you could literally have an appetizer and eat it as a maincourse.
>>
File: 220px-Brock_open_eyes.png (50 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-Brock_open_eyes.png
50 KB, 220x165
OP here. Thanks for all of your replies.

What about steakhouses? Peter Luger's seems plastered everywhere but are there any good alternatives?
>>
File: Clinton Street Cheese Grits.jpg (118 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Clinton Street Cheese Grits.jpg
118 KB, 1000x666
>>7612117
Best breakfast you'll ever have in NY: NORMA'S @ Le Parker Meridien Hotel and Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant
>>
>>7614419
I've had Norma's "fancy" breakfast, it's a ripoff, pls don't do this. I'm fine paying for good food but that place is just expensive for the sake of expensive

You want a nice breakfast go to Balthazar
>>
>>7614439
Norma's egg's benedict is god-tier. Huge portion too.
>>
>>7614397
Homestead, quality meats, Wolfgang's. There's no shortage of good steak here. No need to go to Brooklyn unless you need to say you've been.
>>
>>7614458

Thanks, will give it a go for sure.

Whats with you guys pre-cutting steaks before you serve them anyway? I like to be given a manly steak knife and butcher it myelf
>>
>>7614450
I don't remember what I had, I think it was $25 waffles. I just remember being pissed that the coffee cost like $10 and tasted like fucking Starbucks ground two months ago.
>>
>>7614110
Did I mention anything about losing a ticket you mentally challenged motherfucker? I said they try to claim people didn't pay when they have their fucking tickets. Either way, is this normal and acceptable behavior for a restaurant? $50 lost ticket fees? What the fuck is that? also the fact that your post implies you've been to Katz deli multiple times means you're an undeniable retard. Pick the shitty corned beef out of your brain stem, bitch
>>
>>7614117
"the pizza" in nyc. Jesus Christ. Why would you come here for advice OP?
>>
File: Norma's Crunchy French Toast.jpg (95 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
Norma's Crunchy French Toast.jpg
95 KB, 570x428
>>7614471
>I just remember being pissed that the coffee cost like $10 and tasted like fucking Starbucks ground two months ago.

Really? You were unlucky. Give it another try. Serious.
>>
>>7614484
Have you actually been to Katz's? Because this post, and that shit about black bouncers, makes me think you hallucinated the whole thing.

Op, ignore the tard. The deal at Katz's is they give you a ticket when you enter, whatever you order goes on that ticket and you pay at once when you leave. This is too complicated for some people (usually women), hence why sob stories are common. Apparently they're so common now that they even get retold by people who have never been within 200 miles of the coast.
>>
>>7614503
Nah I'm good. I also found the atmosphere to be bright, cold, and harsh. That kind of shit works for me after I've been awake for a bit, but not first thing in the morning.
>>
File: Sobelmans_bloodies.png (360 KB, 1053x365) Image search: [Google]
Sobelmans_bloodies.png
360 KB, 1053x365
>>7612117
I can't speak much to New York but if you ever come to Wisconsin...

> Fly into Milwaukee; spend what is left of your day and/or some of the next day touring bars from the "Burger Belt" ( think of the South's "Bible Belt" but confined to just one city and focused on burgers ). You can ask locals for recommendations ( best way to find the hidden gems ) but I'm going to recommend one of your stops be at Sobelman's for one of pic related. AJ Bombers is another place I'll recommend.

Head north and try out food from Curly's. Continue going north to Door County and you'll find it hard to go wrong with picking a spot to eat for the night. You should be able to tour some wineries or cranberry fields while you are there.

From here make your way to Kenosha, Wi. One stop I'd recommend on your way to Franks Diner is the cheese plant in Rudolph, Wi. They have a second story window where you can see a little bit of the inside of the plant and they get cheese shipped to them ( as well as the cheese they make themselves ) that is so fresh it still drips with whey. Whenever I'm going up that way I always time it so I'm there a little after they open ( about 9:00 A.M. ). Form Kenosha go south to Pete's Hamburgers and begin making your way back to Milwaukee through the Dells; which is touristy but offers a large variety of food and activity from nature tours to water parks.
>>
File: Norma's interior.jpg (257 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Norma's interior.jpg
257 KB, 2000x1333
>>7614518
>cold, and harsh

Really? Each their own i guess.
>>
>>7614531
Forgot to mention one thing: Be sure to try some of the New Glarus beers while you are here! The brewery got screwed over by a bad contract that causes them to lose profits ( essentially they have to pay what they would make and then some ) when they try to sell beer outside of Wisconsin but their product is great. A trip into New Glarus to tour the brewery might be worth an extra day.
>>
Go to burger and lobster at 19th Street between 5th and 6th avenue
>>
>>7614531
>>7614545
Are you serious or is this a subtle joke about WIDF?
>>
>>7614557
Not sure what the WIDF so I'm going to have to pick option A. Wisconsin has a lot of good food but we get a lot of hate just because we eat too much of it and get fat as a result of the over-eating.
>>
I also liked Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse at 53rd st between 5th and 6th.

sorry cant name them at the top of my head despite me living in manhattan
>>
>>7614571
>Wisconsin has a lot of good food
This is untrue. Wisconsin has some absolutely amazing good food, but most of what you find there is utter shit. And aside from beer it seems people who live there are unable to tell the difference between the good stuff and Betty Crocker level shit.
>>
>>7612375
Local here.

Mighty Quinns, although a chain, actually has some nice BBQ. Personally I would make the trip to Williamsburg and hit up Fette Sau, but MQ is a fine alternative.

Never heard of that pizza place, but your suggestions is better than the one dude who said Di Fara or John's of Bleeker (both tourist traps).

Shake Shack has a weird smell to it and the burger is OK, but there are so many other joints that do it better. I personally like J.G. Melon even if it's a tad expensive.

Bid Daddys Diner I've never been to, but it's just a regular diner afaik. Literally pick any diner for breakfast and you're probably gonna enjoy it.

OP, go to Joe's Shanghai and have the best soup dumplings. Only ethnic joint I'll go to where white people are everywhere.
>>
>>7613247
I went once with a Japanese tourist and she found a wooden stake inside her pastrami. showed the dude cutting up the meat and he gave me the meanest look like I planted it there. The staff there suck and the food is good, but yea go to 2nd Ave. Deli or something and get the same thing with a better atmosphere.
>>
>>7613402
>St. Anslem

My nigga. Hanger steak for $19 bucks is totally worth it too. That place is amazing.
>>
>>7614397
For steak, go to Delmonico's. Peter Luger is only good at lunch time when you can get the burger.
>>
>>7615005
Yeah big daddy's is pretty blah, I suspect they get by on location and having a vaguely silly name
>>
>>7615005
>>7615441
Also, DiFara and John's are closer to the archetypal new York style than Roberta's, which is good pizza but I assume the guy wants the NY style. There's nothing wrong with going to a popular place, your ">muh hole in the wall" nonsense is for the birds
>>
>>7612777
Because hole in the wall places are run by a family. Chains are run by a corporation. It's not rocket science
>>
>>7615455
>pho chains
>NYC
Did something happen that escaped my notice? Where is this an issue?

You know just because you don't look at the big ass sign in front of the restaurant, it doesn't mean the place doesn't have a name, or that it's unknown to locals. Pay more attention in the future.
>>
>>7615468
You were asking about the difference between fast food and ethnic joints. Keep up, retard
>>
from someone living in NY, just drive down to NJ for way better quality food (especially Italian). It's only about a 20 minute drive.
>>
>>7615471
I asked why YOU fixate on differences between red robin and five guys, but somehow can't be fucked to exercise any of your sense facilities when eating Chinese, Vietnamese, or whatever other "non-white" food may apply.
>>
File: GEdPfpk.gif (2 MB, 610x350) Image search: [Google]
GEdPfpk.gif
2 MB, 610x350
OP Here, thanks for all of your feedback and replies, very very excited to go, especially for the asian food scene by the looks of things, and the steakhouses mentioned all look great.

Leaving in a couple of hours for the airport, should get there by midday NY time.

Thanks again
>>
>>7615616
maybe get some Mexican food too while you're here
>>
>>7615616
also are you gonna check out the bars?

and I'm guessing you'll get here early tomorrow morning NY time
>>
>>7612117
NYC is terrible.
If you go to a coffee shop in Chelsea called Grey Dog, tell the blonde, shorter waitress with blue eyes she's a bitch for "breaking that poor lads heart,"
>>
>>7615616
Just remember to have fun, not this zero sum bullshit /ck/ vomits out every time someone asks for recommendations.
>>
>>7615644
Not your personal army
>>
>>7615661
Do it you cheeky git, do a favor for a heartbroken mate.
>>
>>7615482
I don't eat fast food.
>>
File: hawkeye_and_trapper_toasting.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye_and_trapper_toasting.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>7615616
Enjoy your trip; keep us informed.
>>
>>7612191
+1 for Russ and Daughters. Watch out for the queues in the morning
>>
>>7613796
OP I am interested in your take on Indian food here. As I live in Queens, I have had a lot of Indian food but the best has been Tandoor in Rego Park....although it may be out of your way.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (540 KB, 1922x1148) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
540 KB, 1922x1148
>>7615634

OP posting remotely, yeah I'll be checking out the bars. Not big on beers, prefer spirits.

Usually sip on a gin and tonic with lime and cucumber but I guess I should try a Manhattan, martini, or an Old Fashioned or something
>>
>>7616076

I'm of Indian descent, and honestly a lot of the westernised bangladeshi cuisines (tikka masala, korma, vindaloo) are alright but they don't really appeal to me
>>
>>7615644

Fuck it, I'm there for 4 nights. If i see it / her, you're on

>captcha: select images with pizza
>>
>>7616357
>I guess I should try a Manhattan, martini, or an Old Fashioned or something
If you just pick a random bar they're going to fuck it up or require excessive instructions and still maybe fuck it up. Try the Raine's Law Room and explain you've come all the way to America specifically to try each of those according to the most traditional recipe. If you're alone, then offer to stand at the bar (you can watch them make the drinks).
>>
>>7616357
Go to Clandestino on 35 Canal St and have them make you whatever the fuck it is they do with the basil infused tequila that they make in house. That kind of geeky cocktail shit is totally modern NYC.
>>
>>7612238

>hole in the wall
>chinatown

enjoy your AIDS

also there's little to no vietnamese food in chinatown you racist faggot retard nigger
>>
>>7616386

I noticed a lot of the restaurants and bars in NYC are going for the old school wooden interior look, including Raine's law room,

Looks smart

>captcha: select images with waffles

wish i was kidding
>>
>>7616403
Pete Wells (influential local reviewer) says that look is already passe. I kind of like it though.

In any case, the drinks (and staff) are the reason to go.
>>
>>7615787

Thanks! Heading to a restaurant thats just called "Fish" on Bleecker street for dinner tomorrow night. Planning on going to either Mighty Quinns for lunchtime or maybe Restaurant Nippon for a soba lunch.

Will post pics of whatever I end up eating.
>>
>>7615711
You sound like you do though. You believe the only options are shitty, dirty, unpopular places that are practically bankrupt all the time and the waiters look annoyed to have a customer, and massive corporate-run fast food chain restaurants.

Obviously, if those were your only choices, the logical decision would be to eat the fast food. Perhaps not a 4chan-approved decision, but a good decision.
>>
Everyone keeps saying Di Fara's but that shit is in bumble fuck Brooklyn an hour's subway ride away from everything. Add in another hour+ in line and you've wasted an entire afternoon. I live here and can't be bothered to devote half a day to that shit, why any tourist would devote what limited time they have to this pizza pilgrimage when there's plenty of decent slices on every other corner in the city just blows my mind.

I know it's fucking great but there's no way it's going to live up to the hype and the inconvenience. Not to mention the price, fucking $5 for a plain slice.
>>
>>7616564
We had this argument last week, it's /ck/ consensus that spending 2 hours on the subway is totally worth it for any food whatsoever.
>>
>>7616578

nigger i can't even take 15 minutes to jump off the subway on the way back from work for Papaya Dog

and it's fucking Papaya Dog
>>
>>7616587
>having a job
We're all NYU students though, every last one of us. Have I mentioned the lamb face sandwich yet? Lamb face sandwich!
>>
>>7612117
For a real New York experience, you have to go to Guy's American Kitchen & Bar.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0
>>
>>7612117
>give me a taste of the USA

you gotta go outside NY to get a good grasp on American food

Are you going there only to try American food, or do you have other business there?
>>
>>7615446
Nah Di Fara is way overrated. They OD on the oil and charge $30 for a decent pie. It's crazy how they get away with that shit.
>>
>>7617324
>they OD on the oil
The last time I was there was about 8 years ago and they didn't put any oil on the pizza. This must be new, did the old guy retire?
>>
Bumping for closure
>>
>>7612375
Pizza Suprema is top tier.

If your m8s ever go into the vicinity of Madison Square Garden you definitely should go there.

Their plain slice is perfect.
>>
>>7618320
Suprema is a good slice but pizza isn't enough of a reason to enter that neighborhood
>>
>>7617324
I'm afraid you're right. Just over a decade ago it was incredibly novel that a small neighborhood joint was turning out pizza that good. Today you can just go to Marta and get pizza even better.It will be a little more expensive, but you won't waste two hours of travel time and two more hours of wait time to get your pizza.

This is no knock on Dom. Back when most neighborhood pizza joints were stunningly mediocre Dom insisted on making pizza from the best ingredients he could get, and painstakingly making every pie himself. People who grew up in Midwood consider the man a neighborhood treasure for doing that. But with high end brick over joints popping up in most neighborhoods (and all over Manhattan) there is no reason to make a pilgrimage to DiFara.

And he has gotten heavy handed with the oil over the last few years. Last time I was there his daughter was trying to dissuade him from using so much, and he was having none of it.
>>
Go to Chelsea Market, have fun
>>
>>7612117
The only "American food" comes from the south. New York food is cheap swill.
>>
>>7618469

modern American cuisine is a thing you know
>>
>>7618474

Pizza and tacos are not American quisine
>>
>>7616357
I would recommend going to the East Village or the Lower East Side on a Friday or Saturday night for the bars.
>>
>>7616590
>implying that everyone who disagrees with you is an NYU student
>implying there's anything wrong with being an NYU student
>>
>>7618479
fat macaroni eating faggot detected
>>
OP, what neighborhood are you staying in?
>>
>>7618511
Financial district, I just arrived at my hotel. Delays and all that. Going to the fish restaurant on Bleecker street tonight. And probably hit up a good cocktail bar. Tomorrow and the next 3 days are free game.
>>
>>7618666
That's a pretty convenient location. Pretty much any bar will make cocktails for you, but some places make better cocktails than others.

Do you know how to use the subway? It's a cheap and fairly easy way of getting around the city. I suggest you also visit Brooklyn and/or Queens if you get a chance.
>>
>>7618502
Hi NYU student, say hi to the Olsen twins for me
>>
>>7618678
Nope, not an NYU student, didn't even go to school in NYC.

But keep memeing
>>
>>7612155
>all this britbong nationalistic delusion

Which is why there's more Michelin restaurants in NYC than in the UK as a whole.

I've lived in both Chelsea and Manhattan, you're utterly full of shit.
>>
Brit anon-- if you're still looking for places to try in New York check out Junior's. There is a lot of history behind that place and the menu is pretty varied.
>>
>>7612213
you're a full on retard
>>
>thread on delis in the city
>no one says carnegie

I am hella disappoint!

OP, go spend $25 on a roast beef sandwich at Carnegie Deli. Have a bite for me.

Damned it now I'm ready to take the train there just for a f*ing sandwich. Sigh.
>>
>>7612117
there's essentially nothing in NYC that london doesn't also have, because they're probably the closest linked cities between europe and america. The trends flow freely between them and so do chefs and talent. They're both solid choices for best cities for food in the world, too, so just don't fuck up and go to shitty places. Look up a guide on a blog you like.

The things London won't have that NYC will (and in the reverse) are cheap or workmanlike versions of cuisines. You can get Pizza for a dollar. You can get hotdogs everywhere. You can't get a fry up anywhere and have it not be shit. No sausage rolls. But who cares?

The ONE exception is that where London has assloads of good indian and new york has little good indian, NYC has some pretty dope mexican restaurants. Look up a good but greasy mexican restaurant.
>>
>>7616420
>Bleecker street

why do britbongs congregate there? It's not even like it's touristy and for all tourists, it's like its britbong only turf.... It's fine but probably the least "NYC" bit of NYC
>>
>>7618795
I was about to say, he should definitely try Mexican food. I doubt there are many authentic Mexican options in the UK although I'm sure some exist.
>>
Pizza thread? I always enjoyed Tony's pizza on dekalb and knickerbocker in bushwick. It use to be 2.50 a slice. Not sure if it's the same. Been 5 years since I lived there and that whole neighborhood is hipstered out now
>>
Is the American portions being large a meme?

I've been to Spain, France, Ecuador, and Ireland, and don't recall the portions being much different there. The difference is that the soft drinks at Irish restaurants are usually tiny.
>>
>>7612117
Go here:
>https://www.yelp.com/biz/fishermans-cove-brooklyn-4
Get some Jerk chicken and oxtails.

Try one of the 3 trillion pizza joints and see which one you like best. Go to a bodega (corner store deli) that's run by arabs and get some lamb over rice, with red and white sauce. Find one of the billion bagel places and get a poppyseed bagel with cream cheese, lox, onion, and tomato (and capers if you wish). You might also find a place that does some decent pastrami, though most are $20/sandwich tourist traps. I'm only scratching the surface, good luck anon.
>>
>>7618945
a bacon egg and cheese is also a good thing to get from a deli
>>
>>7618934
>Is the American portions being large a meme?

Depends. At fine dining restaurants or fast food it's not. It's the same as everywhere else.

However at mid-tier places the servings are often (but not always) huge.
>>
>>7618951
So you're saying it's the midrange places where American tends to be larger?

I went to pretty much all midrange places when I traveled abroad, I remember it all being the same size or maybe slightly smaller. Although some Italian-American restaurants do give huge portions.
>>
>>7618945
Oh one more note, go to the jamaican place for lunch. By dinner most of the curries and whatnot have been sitting all day unless theyve been selling a lot of em. Also the jerk chicken is usually grilled fresh.
>>
>>7618795
Has NYC changed dramatically in the past 5 years? NYC was famous for having amazing cuisine from all over the world but easily the worst Mexican food out of any major city in the US
>>
File: img_1655.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_1655.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
never eat hawaiian food from mainland places, even in nyc
>>
>>7618977
It hasn't changed. Lived in NYC and southern california. NYC can't do mexican, west coast can't do pizza. Is what it is. What I enjoyed about NYC was being able to get every goddamn cuisine you can think of. If being a tourist it may not be the best idea because it may involve a 2 hour subway ride deep into queens or brooklyn. Not sure I would waste time. Not to mention most tourists hang around midtown or little italy/soho and they may visit Williamsburg. Not sure what you can get around there that isn't overpriced bullshit
>>
>>7618977
Mexican in NYC has gotten way better than it was a decade ago, particularly on the high end, and Puebla style street food in the neighborhoods where Mexicans actually live.
>>
File: Cosme-3551.jpg (327 KB, 899x600) Image search: [Google]
Cosme-3551.jpg
327 KB, 899x600
>>7619007
This is both true and untrue.

Mexican food has always been a weak spot for NY dining.

In the last few years, it has become more common to see more authentic Mexican becoming available. Most of it is still poor quality despite what locals (who often lack any sense of perspective and tend to just assume NYC is the center of the universe for everything, rather than just most things) will try and tell you.

We've got one legitimately world class Mexican restaurant which is a bit too experimental to even qualify as Mexican in the minds of most people (pic related), a couple of expensive but more conservative high end places, some alright cheap but "authentic" places that wouldn't attract attention anywhere that wasn't previously lacking in Mexican food, and a whole lot of crap.

Viet food is another area where we're very weak, despite what certain locals may tell you. Again, the proliferation of a bunch of crappy pho and banh mi joints in the last 5-8 years has caused some New Yorkers to conclude that we're a viet food destination. Again, nothing could be further from the truth.
>>
>>7618320
Their sauce is too sweet
>>
File: BaXuyen.jpg (337 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BaXuyen.jpg
337 KB, 1024x768
>>7619055
Viet is definitely a NYC weakness, although some of the banh mi shops are good (pic related).
>>
Any good taquerias in washington heights?
>>
>>7613100
>(you)
>>
File: smugoka swirl.gif (2 MB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
smugoka swirl.gif
2 MB, 492x492
>>7613349
>I live in a flyover state: the post
>>
>>7618977
it's gotten better by loads, but it's still worse than any given random town in the middle of nebraska actually populated by mexicans. But yeah, there's a bunch of mexicans and you can get nixtamalized torillas. That said? All US mexican food is leaps and bounds better than anything in the UK. Truly abysmal.
>>
>>7613402
these r p good
>>
>>7618496
I would recommend avoiding the EV and the LES on Friday or Saturday night unless fighting for the bartender's attention all night and fighting for elbow room all night and getting drinks spilled on you all night and fighting for a taxi (or paying $100 for an uber) is your idea of fun

I used to think it was fun when I was a kid, then I realized sunday through thursday are the only acceptable nights to go out
>>
>>7612117
If I was going to dine in nyc as a Brit, I'd try to get some food I can't get back home, so avoiding all Asian foods and most european choices you can quite easily get back home from former colonist locales, or else a short train ride away in your neighbors.

I'd get some Southern soul, various types of BBQ, jewish deli favorites from places doing the original craft like the bialys rolls, ny cheesecake and pastrami. I'd dine at places where pork is still found among cuisines which cater to too many religious restrictions in your more arabic centered greek food. Mexican food will be done right in the US. I also think you might pick up some of the more costly local seafood like maine lobster, crawfish, gulf shrimp, and maybe some heritage farm to table options. Try all the local beers of course, tons of bourbon.

If you're really into history, might hit up the made-famous-in-ny kinds of establishments where cocktails were invented. Absorb the authors vibe from times past and go where they imbibed, or views from your favorite holiday movies. Hit up the places that made some food history, from crack pie to pink's papaya dog to waldorf salad to places that spawned chains or cookbooks. Might enjoy the epicure markets with their signature salads or chocolates. S. American food might be more scarce at home for you, so get your fill from Peru or Cuba or Brazil while in the city. A _feast_ can be had at a rodizio.
>>
>>7618977
There is lots of really good Mexican food in NYC these days, due to a large influx of immigrants from Puebla, Mexico since the 90s. Fat stoners who want Taco Bell style food might be disappointed, though.
>>
>>7619208
There are a million bars there, plenty of them are not crowded or not overly crowded at least. And I take the subway usually, I rarely take cabs. Sunday through Thursday are comparatively boring for going out, unless you're 40 years old and want to go to the bars for the sole purpose of having drinks.
>>
OP if you're a straight male you'll probably enjoy seeing all the sexy Hispanic girls walking around, I know there aren't many in England
>>
>>7619276
>sexy Hispanic girls
Most of them are fat. Sexy hispanic girls are like sexy indian girls, they seem amazing and exotic because they represent like 5% of their own ethnicity.
>>
>>7619302
Not true, walk around Washington Heights or the South Bronx

At least half of the girls you would see are attractive
>>
>>7619310
This. Dominican women are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>7619318
They really are. And they tend to age well in my experience, I've seen quite a few Dominican milfs.

I would say the same for Puerto Rican chicks.
>>
>>7619310
I live in Washington Heights, that's why I know

By "girls" you mean high school girls? You some kind of pervert? Because those girls become fat well before they're 20, the vast majority of the time.
>>
>>7619330
No, I mean women 18 and over. Dominican chicks tend to be slim.
>>
>>7612117
when will you be here?
>>
>>7612155
lol

>>7612213
the chinese food is way better than any of the crap I had in the 2.5 years I was working in England
>>
File: o.jpg (69 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
69 KB, 700x392
>>7619338
>Dominican chicks tend to be slim.
We must be looking at different dominican chicks, have you seen what these people eat?
>>
File: 20160428_210734.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160428_210734.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
You should ride the subway at least once, I think that would be a pretty interesting experience for a tourist. Plus some of the cars (like the ones pictured) are up to 52 years old, which I think is pretty cool.
>>
>>7619363
The skinniest girl I ever knew that wasn't Asian was Dominican
>>
>>7619363
In my experience, they tend to be slim. Not like 12 year old boy slim, but nowhere near being fat most of the time.
>>
File: 銀座.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
銀座.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
>>7619367
>Old subway cars as a good thing
No thats just crumbling infrastructure and something that should have been taken out of service 30 years ago. What should happen is a brand new order of cars that maintain a retro look, similar to what Tokyo did with their first subway line
>>
>>7619376
>/n/ is here
This thread is now about coral reefs
>>
>>7619376
American shit built back then was built to last, you weaboo.
>>
>>7619385
The only people who defend old bullshit junk are people who have never experienced anything better.
>>
>>7619385
Every other major subway system in the world has better rolling stock than ours, you stupid retrogrouch. The reason ours is so outdated is 24/7 service, and unions who manipulate MTA rules so that people can load up on overtime before they retire at age 50 on a $70k pension and buy 3 houses on Long Island.

It might seem "quaint" and "real" to you if you visited as a tourist in January, but having to stand in an overcrowded train wearing a suit with the air conditioners broken gets old real quick.
>>
>>7619368
I know a chick who's half Japanese/half Dominican, she's a qt and she has a nice ass
>>
>>7619400
I live here, I've nevet had that issue. The reason it gets so hot is mainly because of overcrowding, anyway. And 24/7 service is great, I hope you're not actually complaining about it.
>>
>>7619398
We have new trains too, there's barely any difference except the new ones have automated announcements. High speed rail would be the only actual improvement possible but I don't think it's feasible. The NYC subway system is easily the best in the country and probably the world.
>>
>>7619363
This faggot likes pancake booty
>>
>>7619411
>I live here, I've nevet had that issue
You haven't lived here long, then.

>I hope you're not actually complaining about it.
You really need to learn to think critically about the world instead of just taking everything as either a treacherous attack on MUH FREEDUMBS or a patriotic attack on DEM TERRISTS AND WEEB CHINK RAT BASTARDS.

The 24/7 subway service requirement (and expectation) is frequently cited as a reason why the system has fallen so behind on modernization. This is widely acknowledged by pretty much everyone who has an interest in the subject. Sometimes it is ok to say things like that and it's not even worse than 9/11. It's just a comment. Can you please get your weird, knee-jerk jingoism under control?
>>
>>7619425
>there's barely any difference
They are loads quieter, for one. Smoother ride too, and the climate control is also much more reliable.

The reason they're not zooming down the express track at their top rated speed is that the signaling system, the track itself, and the other trains are still using 75 year old technology.
>>
>>7619425
>NYC has the best in the world

LOL, its not even as good as DC. London Underground, Tokyo Metro, Seoul Metro, basically every city with a subway outside of America has a better subway system.
>>
>>7619428
Philly isn't exactly a shining example of public transporation, but the one thing I think they got perfectly right that I'm surprised I haven't seen anywhere else is how they shut down their subway system completely at midnight but replace it with a bus service that stops at all the subway stops. It was annoying as shit in Tokyo that you were stuck out if you missed last train unless you wanted to pay the double price taxis
>>
>>7619428
I've lived here my whole life.

The 24/7 aspect of the subway is way more valuable than cleanliness. I'm sorry we're not all richfags who can take uber every time we hang out with our friends.

I'm sure the countless other people that take the subway between 12 and 6AM would agree.

Your cognitive dissonance is out of control, you're assuming I'm a chestbeating retard just because I disagree with you.

And what modernization could you possibly want that doesn't cost a trillion dollars?
>>
>>7619446
>I've lived here my whole life.
Its also very obvious you've never traveled anywhere and know nothing about the rest of the world and can't make any critical judgements about problems within your own city
>>
>>7619433
The ride qas never even rough to begin with. I think the bit about the signals us a valid point, though.
>>
>>7619446
>I'm a chestbeating retard
Yes, you are. Very clearly, a chestbeating retard. It's completely impossible to have an intelligent discussion about mass transit with you, because you have to drag everything down to insults like "weeb faggot", "sorry we're not all richfags", and similar evasions. All this, because of factual, apolitical statements.
>>
>>7619443
NYC has 24/7 bus service too, a lot of the lines are basically parallels of subway lines
>>
>>7619446
You realize if NYC had properly maintained their shit subway system it wouldn't cost so much to finally catch up with the rest of the world. Why are you guys still taking paper cards out of your wallet like some kind of animal?
>>
>>7619450
I've been to 5 different countries
>>7619457
You started with the ad hominem attacks.
>>
>>7619459
Then they should do a massive subway upgrade, and say as part of the change the subway will be closed between 1 and 5 like everywhere else in the world and then just never bring back 24 hour service so they don't fall so behind again. Maybe start with one line at a time
>>
>>7619460
The mta is super corrupt
>>
>>7619466
>I've been to 5 different countries
I don't believe you or you never took public transportation outside of the US
>>
>>7619460
The MTA mismanages their money, I'll give you that. But I still maintain that it's the best subway system in the country. And the system is one of the most expansive in the world.

And what modernization do you speak of that's not physically or financially impossible?
>>
>>7619460
The fare collection system is barely even able to cover the cost of collecting the fares, the only reason we do it is because we lose a federal subsidy if we turn it into a free-access system. There's no reason to upgrade to an RFID access, or, god forbid, a distance-based fare system like DC.

I fully expect the chest-beating retard to jump down my throat for saying this and say I was flying both planes that hit the twin towers. Because pointing out that other cities have platform screen doors is basically worse than ISIS and Osama Bin Laden combined.
>>
>>7619468
Do you realize how many people rely on the subway during those hours, including myself?
>>7619472
I took the subway in Paris and Barcelona, the Barcelona subway was cleaner but those was the only advantage.
>>
>>7619466
How many of those countries weren't visited from the ramp of a cruise ship? I'm guessing none of them.
>>
>>7619473
> financially impossible
Jeez you're a sucker that has let corrupt politicians totally fuck up your world vision on how a subway should be

New cars on all the lines, contactless entry, more frequent cars is a good start.

NYC is most likely going to need atleast one or two new lines or going to have to expand their stations if they want the system to be even acceptable in 50 years. Cars are on their way out and the system is already getting too overcrowded
>>
>>7619473
>it's not possible to do within the parameters that I've deemed acceptable therefore we dare not speak of the possibility
You are the problem
>>
>>7619481
You are so goddamn pretentious, I'm certainly not one of those "9/11 nevar forget!" people

And a distance based system would suck, it would be very detrimental to all the working class people in the outer boroughs who rely on the subway.
>>
>>7619482
Much larger cities than NYC do perfectly fine with closing the subway around midnight. It will be annoying but with a 24 hour bus system it will be fine in the end and it'll allow proper maintenance
>>
>>7619490
>he mentioned a thing without shrieking 9/11 so he must be in favor of it
You certainly sound like one of those 9/11 never forget people
>>
>>7619491
No. 24hr bus in nyc wouldnt work. The bus is a faggot
>>
>>7619496
Why do you hate your city?
>>
>>7619488
I'm willing to hear suggestions.
>>7619486
Why are new cars even necessary if the system itself can't handle high speed rail?

But the system does nees more lines in the Upper East Side, as the Lexington Avenue line is overcrowded as fuck
>>
>>7619496
The bus is a disaster during the day because of traffic. If you only have a few blocks to go at 2 AM a bus is fine. If you have a long ways to go, they could run express buses up and down arteries. They work surprisingly well during rush hour, it should work even better when there's minimal traffic.
>>
>>7619491
There already is a 24 hour bus system. Also, other cities in the US rely more on driving, so it's different.
>>
>>7619493
Nope, you're just pretending I am because you'd like to think I'm a city hick that lives in the trailer park by the Goethals Bridge.
>>
>>7619499
I just hate the bus fool
>>7619504
I dont buy it. Bus wouldnt work if i gotta go to a different boro
>>
assuming you're not wasting all of your time around midtown

-marlow and sons for brick chicken
-harry and idas for pastrami
-lula bagel/colina cuervo for breakfast if you make it to crown heights
-get a milkshake from the milk bar and a chicken sandwich from fuku
-should you find yourself in fidi looking for a quick decent lunch you've got either open kitchen or dig in as solid options
>>
>>7619516
Nobody likes the bus, but it would make the subway system better. Plan more than a year ahead especially if you're actually from NYC
>>
>>7619515
Yeah, I pretty much assume you live in one of the solid red areas
>>
>>7619512
Theres no larger cities in the US than NYC, there are lot of much larger cities outside the US with better subway systems and public transportation that are less reliant on cars that do close at midnight
>>
>>7619434
New Yorker here. Tokyo metro blows NYC away. But I am happy subway works as well as it does. I pretty regularly travel 7 miles through some of the most densely populated area of the US and it rarely takes longer than !5 min. You could only beat that in a car in the middle of the night, and even then it wouldn't be a lock.
>>7619446
>The 24/7 aspect of the subway is way more valuable than cleanliness.
I'll go along with this. The other night I was at a dinner party on the LES and it broke up around 12:30. I was feeling too cheap to take a cab or Uber it home to Bklyn. So I took the fucking D train. Just over 25 min later I was home, and that shit was running local. Hard to argue with that for late night. City never sleeps. Can't have the subway sleeping.
>>7619460
$2.75 a ride isn't that much.
>>
>>7619522
Who cares how Republicans vote? Most New Yorkers aren't Republicans anyway. And I live in Kensington.>>7619524
>>
>>7619520
>Plan more than a year ahead especially if you're actually from NYC
What does this even mean
>>
>>7619522
>Chinatown predominately red
What am I missing here?
>>
>>7619524
Exactly, the subway system in NYC not running after midnight would blow.
>>
>>7619532
The subway system has already gone to shit, its going to take drastic changes to fix it and the city centers everywhere in the country are growing, so those changes WILL have to happen at some point, definitely within our lifetime.
>>
>>7619535
Hardly anyone there votes Republican
>>
>>7619535
11 people are registered republican in that district, and 6 of them voted for trump

It was pretty similar in my district, I think he got like 4 votes.
>>
>>7619538
Still not really following you. The subway isnt going to stop being 24 hours pal
>>
>>7619550
It will at some point. Its going to continually keep getting worse with more riders and will fall more behind the rest of the world until something breaks. Then it will cost much more and be more inconvenient than if it had changed earlier
>>
Go to Margon near Times Square for some GOAT cuban food
>>
>>7619555
It's already a clusterfuck at rush hour, and the city need not be held hostage by 22 year olds who think going home from the bars at 3:30 AM is more important than millions of people getting to work on time. It's just a matter of when. We can already see a lot of people turning to cycling to avoid stalled trains in the morning.
>>
Let's talk about food again instead of the train
>>
Stop arguing about trains you autistic faggots

Talk about shit to eat
>>
>>7619563
The subway will be crowded during rush hour no matter what.
>>7619571
True, we should end this discussion now
>>
>>7619563
Wow you're a fucking retard
>>
>>7619584
Crowding isn't what causes signals to go out of service. Feel free not to reply, since I have proven you wrong now.
>>
>>7619589
>Normal New Yorkers have such detailed knowledge about how the trains run and the problems because the system is so bad

Its still amazing that someone actually tried to argue that NYC had the best system in the US and the world
>>
File: 7624822340_ddfd09cb81_z.jpg (207 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
7624822340_ddfd09cb81_z.jpg
207 KB, 640x427
there's a tendies joint in the village called sticky's that offers NINETEEN different dips. I recommend the wasabi aoli - you'll feel transported to japan, where GBP are worth double.

we get them to cater our nyu events all the time.
>>
>>7618469
ventilate your skull traitor
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.