[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/, I recently started making dry beans in a crockpot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hi /ck/, I recently started making dry beans in a crockpot.

They turned out well and I've been having them with rice and ground turkey this week.

Other than soup or chili, any other ideas for meals using beans?
>>
>>7602083
burritos
>>
File: salad.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
salad.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
salad
>>
nobody cooks beans in a crockpot.
>>
black bean burgers are pretty tasty. Not even a vegfag
>>
>>7602083
Kidney beans are even better than black bean for patties or bean salads. Just leave them in your crockpot on low all day and they'll be perfect for dinner.
>>
>>7602181
this

also bean dip and falafel with black beans instead of chickpeas
>>
>>7602180
Plenty of people cook beans in crock pots. A simple google search yields thousands of results for recipes.

Stop being a contrarian douche nozzle.
>>
Baked beans, duh
>>
>>7602083
you can make a variety of bean pastes with different flavors as dips or stock thickeners for cooking rice, for example.

other than that, bean salads are pretty good
>>
>>7602083
You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you? And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you? Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs out of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scraped off and thrown in the trash.
>>
>>7602322
Lmao... is this pasta? If not its pretty great. autistic, but great.

Anyway beans can be used for sweet things too OP. Asians love doing it. Just mash up some beans with some sugar and make a paste of it, then stuff any sort of bread or rice-ball with it. Sesame balls and dango are cheap to make and fantastic.
>>
>>7602360
Google yields its an old pasta
>>
I cooked some beans plain in my pressure cooker about two weeks ago and forgot about them in the back of the fridge until today. Opened up the container and they were nearing, but had not yet reached, rancidity, so I washed them and cooked half of them as chili beans (which I had for lunch with matzo because supermarkets literally give them away this time of year) and the other half as curry, which I intend to have tomorrow. So that's my suggestion: bean curry.

If you have chickpea flour or lentil flour, you can make cooked beans into bean burgers. Just mash them up by hand, mix in a little chickpea or lentil flour at a type until you can form it into a ball, then add dice, matchsticked or minced veg of your choice, season to taste, form into a patty and pan-fry in plenty of oil.

>>7602360
Depends on the type of bean. Mungbeans are used in both sweet and savoury applications, while black-eyed peas and black beans are only used in savoury foods and digir/adzuki beans are used only in sweet.

Some people re-cook boiled chickpeas in sugar syrup and use them as a topping for desserts or dry-roast them then encase them in a confectionary shell, like a wedding almond..
>>
File: 20160423_191527.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160423_191527.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>7602083
I made some red beans and rice the other day in my cooker you could do that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.