[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ladies and gentlemen: the culinary superiority of the british
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_2726.jpg (153 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2726.jpg
153 KB, 1280x960
ladies and gentlemen: the culinary superiority of the british
>>
>>7600643
Yes, this one meal defines Britain so well. The ubiquitous beef and Yorkshire puddings with vomit broccoli sans all other sides
>>
File: IMG_2727.jpg (136 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2727.jpg
136 KB, 1280x960
>>7600654
>>
>>7600686
Looks like bubble gum,
>>
>>7600643
I have never had Yorkshire pudding, is it good?
>>
>>7600686
you're really bad at slicing things.
>>
>frozen yorkshires
>>
>trashy home cooking is a sign of culinary aptitude

t. Pleb
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7600738

I didn't slice it, but I take your point

>>7600749

Nope
>>
>le serve the food on a le wooden board meme
>>
>>7600796
it's not being served on a cutting board, it's on a cutting board before it's cut and served
>>
>>7600796

What exactly is the problem with carving at the table?
>>
>>7600802
>>7600800
just cut it in the fucking kitchen, is that so hard? unless you think the restaurant is serving you ersatz meat why would you care where the meat is carved?

not trying to be rude, i just get pissed off with le wooden board meme
>>
>>7600751
>I was raised on fast food and think that the more I paid for a meal the better it is.
>>
>>7600817

I wanted people to carve their own meat and I wanted as large a proportion of it to continue resting as possible. It's not a 'meme', it is just practical.
>>
>>7600709
Really great with bangers and mash and onion gravy.
>>
>>7600643
Ya got tha' eel pie guv'na? Wot wot? It's too toof guv'na, my rotting teeth can't handle it, they can't
>>
>>7600749

what makes you think they're frozen, out of interest?
>>
>>7600643

Looks like a filling and tasty meal.
>>
"Hang on whilst I take a picture for a chinese image board, ma"
>>
File: yorkshire breakfast.jpg (197 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire breakfast.jpg
197 KB, 1200x900
>>
File: obamachipolte.jpg (102 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
obamachipolte.jpg
102 KB, 1024x681
>>7600817
No dude, posting it on youtube with stop motion editing and a whistle/xylophone/uke song is a meme.

Wanting to cut meat isn't a meme. Go away kid.
>>
Yorkshire breakfast looks good. Traditional breakfast was awesome but i only had it at a hotel. Other than that i have been pretty disappointed. I go to london once a month for work. Any brits that can suggest some food to get? Ive tried greggs
>>
>>7600817
I think you're literally the only person who is triggered by this.
>>
>>7600643
Meat and sause look alright, could do minus the Yorkies and that casserole however.
>>
>>7601841
It must be my English ancestry but WANT.
>>
>No curries

Mate
>>
>>7600643
That phone doesn't look very appetizing.
>>
>>7600643
Jesus christ the brits are so sad. Just learn to cook already.
>>
>>7601346
>my rotting teeth can't handle it, they can't
You don't understand the meme anon.

British teeth are far healthier than many other countries (including the states) The meme is they are are off-white and off-centre. Compared to America, they are, as the Brits don't really go in the braces and veneer stuff but they are no different than anybody elses teeth on the continent.
>>
>>7600643
I'm guessing you are a Northerner OP, the broccoli and cauliflower bake, gives it away. Having said that, northerners don't really do rare meat so I am a bit confused.

A nice hearty meal though, - Would eat!
>>
>>7600817
>Serving the food at the table is now a meme
Jesus christ, you contrarian fuck...
>>
Looks like a good home made meal, OP. My only wonder is where are the napkins? Already on peoples laps or was it a slight over look and there were none?
>>
>>7603785
Tldr. Don't care. They get a shitty half assed joke because I feel it's what is deserved
>>
>>7600643

Why are the British so obsessed with "superiority"?

I'm going to celebrate when your country is no more.
>>
>>7603785
braces are a necessary this day in age. with people race mixin so much the results are big teeth in a small mouth and overcrowdedness. if you dont remove wisdom teeth or molars you are gonna live with a protruding mouth or constant pain. Braces aren't even cosmetic anymore, they are to correct legit health problems and for all parents out here get your kids braces now because after they turn adults insurance wont pay for it. THey can cost $5000 to $7000 for adults.
>>
>>7600686
You should get that mole checked out anon. You're not supposed to have moles on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet.
>>
>>7603970
>>
>>7600643
The smartphone on the table. Super classy.

No water in that cup. Even more classy.

Get the basics down first
>>
>>7603992
the only glass I see has water in it. I don't get that part of what you are saying. Did you mean ice?
>>
>>7600643
OP I have those same glasses. Good to know I can keep up with the elite. I got mine at Walmart.
>>
>>7603995
Fine, fine. There's a sip left but it's full of backwash from the appetizer.

Since I'm being correct now I must wonder why that girl has two smartphone on the table.
>>
>>7604006
I figure it's either a drug dealer or someone is to their left (our right in photo) and the one woman seen is left handed and the other, right handed.
>>
File: KIMG0245.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0245.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>7604012
OP has enough food on that table for a family of 4. Are table manners considered to be part of the cullinary arts?

If yes, then Pic Related: Americans are cullinarily superior to the Brits because even if it's racoon cooked on a spit we take pictures of our house guests, not their food.
>>
>>7604038
I don't know about any of that but that photo is giving me a headache
>>
>>7604041
You have no idea, that girl was into Nordic voodoo or something. I thought the crazy would transfer to the bed, but no luck.

Tldr: I feed hitchhikers.
>>
>>7604050
I almost picked one up yesterday afternoon but she looked like she was only like 14 or so and I don't trust them.
>>
>>7604053
The gut knows best. Good choice
>>
>>7601841
no brownsauce in sight.
what the fuck are these filthy colonizes up too now!?
>>
File: What baby robot.jpg (21 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
What baby robot.jpg
21 KB, 300x316
>>7602406
>minus the Yorkies
Fuck off.

>that casserole
What casserole?
>>
>>7603974
Whites tend to have big teeth in a small mouth (I am a white Brit before you say anything) . . .When I was a kid, had had two teeth removed and a temporary brace, to stop them folding in.

I have a full set of Wisdoms but they never moved and I have had no problems (I'm late 40's)

Dental treatment is pretty cheap in Britain, a private Dentist may charge £60 and NHS dentist may charge £25 unles you are enemployed or low income. . .then it's free.

Cosmetic stuff for an adult will cost you though (not as much as it would in America) and is not available on the NHS but we don't have a culture of medical insurance anyway.
>>
>>7604235
Without insurance in the US it's like $800-1000 just for a crown on one tooth and more if there are any complications. To pull a bad tooth instead of fix it is around $75-100 plus any other fees you get for issues that may arise. To fill a cavity that is simple and easy and just a tiny pin hole not infected and no other issues is around $600. With insurance I have no clue but the insurance really doesn't cover a ton unless you have really good dental which is more expensive and you may not use it for anything but cleanings twice a year.
>>
>>7604235
I'm a white Brit too and I had two teeth removed and a palatal expander to create space for the rest of my teeth, then braces to straighten them. A few of my friends had the same or similar things done and I think it is a fairly common practice now. I can't speak for us being any different from other countries though- perhaps they have exactly the same issues
>>
Talk more about my roast guys
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.