[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solid Human Chow Recipe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: p1693863287-3.jpg (145 KB, 580x440) Image search: [Google]
p1693863287-3.jpg
145 KB, 580x440
I REALLY want a formulated, simple, solid diet that I can eat a lot of and not gain weight. SlimFast does the job, but I'm tired of drinking all my food and having to take psyllium powder to amend my fiber requirements. I just want to eat crackers or kibbles or something simple that has very low nutritional value so I can eat a lot of it and not be hungry all day long (since I tend to be pretty ravenous, but now gain weight if I eat enough to satisfy my hunger, regardless of what diet I try).
>>
>>7598637
try /fit/ for all your flavorless nutrition questions
>>
Ask fit

It's going to be a lot of lean protein and veggies. Carbs are the killer. You're also going to have to buy a food scale
>>
>>7598650
They're autists who just say muh rice and chicken.

>>7598652
Nah, see above. /fit/'s totally retarded.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1252x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1252x1080
>>7598650
>>
I think dog food has to be fit for human consumption if you want to try one of the lean varieties.
>>
>>7598686
It should be vegetarian (it can contain dairy or eggs) too. I should have mentioned that.

>inb4 40 Americans launch into a tirade about how vegans never stop talking about themselves, then proceed to post forty pages about the virtues of meat-eating, talking about themselves at great length
>>
File: 413104.gif (27 KB, 212x288) Image search: [Google]
413104.gif
27 KB, 212x288
Probably this shit.

I think Costco sells them by the box/crate.
>>
>>7598711
This thread had 7 posts and you still missed the fucking title? Impressive, /ck/.
>>
I find oatmeal to be very filling, especially the steel cut or scottish kind. What if you make some kind of baked oatmeal bread out of the slim-fast? They're basically just bottles of milk and vitamins. Add some eggs for structure extra protein. Throw in your fibre dust. Maybe some almond meal for more fat and protein. Then just munch on your food squares throughout the day.
>>
>>7598728
>I find oatmeal to be very filling, especially the steel cut or scottish kind. What if you make some kind of baked oatmeal bread out of the slim-fast?
It would be loaded to the gills with carbohydrates?

>They're basically just bottles of milk and vitamins
I've tried mixing SlimFast with other things and it was pretty foul. I can just take a vitamin supplement. I'm more worried about getting enough to eat while supressing fat and carbs, since I tend to eat more than the average and be hungry constantly. I need a very nutritionally deficient food staple to consume.

>Throw in your fibre dust
It would have to be something other than psyllium. The gel it produces traps water and makes the finished product wet and gross.

>Then just munch on your food squares throughout the day.
That's the plan, but the mixture you suggested wouldn't work. If I could substitute psyllium powder for another non-caloric fiber powder I could probably pull it off. But all the others like bran flour tend to have carbohydrates in them.
>>
>take psyllium powder to amend my fiber requirements
I hope you realize that there are many different types of fiber that each have completely different effects on the colon. Psyllium is a poorly fermentable bulking and gelling agent that contributes very little to colonic health and function, so you might as well not take it unless you need it against constipation/diarrhea.

The fibers that are actually beneficial include fructans (of which there are several types), galactooligosaccharides, resistant starch, pectin, hemicellulose and lignin. Also, the effects of fermentation vary depending on such things as sulfur and phenol intake.

You are also an idiot for attempting this shit instead of seeing a doctor for unintentional weight gain.
>>
>>7598968
>hemicellulose and lignin
So what you're saying is, eat more wood?
>>
>>7598741
>carbs are the enemy

If you want to eat solid human chow entirely, just eat a fuckton of complex low-GI carbs and minimal fats. See the guy that did a two month potato diet and lost weight and improved blood sugar levels doing it. Could do the same thing with oatmeal if you kept on top of nutrition with the odd veggie here and there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-potatoes-diet-idUSTRE6AT3DM20101202

Deep down the real driver to weight loss is calorie deficit. If carbs and fats were evil then this guy wouldn't have lost 27 pounds on a junk food diet.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

>For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

>The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

>For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.

>His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.

>But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so.

>Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.
>>
>>7598715
MURRICANS AMIRITE?!
>>
>>7600614
Typical murrican radical Marxist ideology
>>
>>7598728
>They're basically just bottles of milk and vitamins.
And sugar. A lot of sugar.
>>
>>7601605
Not the 20g protein ones. They use sucralose.
>>
>>7598715
The title is ambiguous. It could be asking for non-liquid human chow, or it could be asking for reliable human chow. It's the body of the post that clarifies it.
>>
Caloriemates
>>
File: NOTPEOPLE.jpg (118 KB, 1120x630) Image search: [Google]
NOTPEOPLE.jpg
118 KB, 1120x630
>https://www.soylent.com/
>>
>>7602170
NO!!! That's still liquid.
>>
>>7602135
They're just full of sugar like all "diet" solid foods. Basically just candy bars.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.