[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geoduck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: geoduck.jpg (39 KB, 800x433) Image search: [Google]
geoduck.jpg
39 KB, 800x433
Today I found out that these existed
We don't have them where I live (England)

What do they taste like? I want to try one
>>
"Correct pronunciation of the word "geoduck" (a large clam native to the Pacific Northwest) is practically a citizenship test for Northwesterners." I lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life and never heard of these things lol.
>>
>>7598205
Goo-EE-duck?
>>
they taste like a mix between clam and conch meat but much chewier
>>
>>7598166
>What do they taste like?
a big fucking clam

looks like a benis :^)

also it's gooey duck because the natives are retarded
>>
They are shit, the only reason they're popular at "nice" restaurants is that muh local is super trendy, and any seafood at all is considered kind of luxurious these days.
>>
>>7598345
>>7598207
i know it but i will continue to say GEO-duck just to piss you off :)
>>
>>7598355
>any seafood at all is considered kind of luxurious these days.

because of greedy fisherman who are literally causing mass extinction by over-fishing

go vegan
>>
>>7598345
What does clam taste like?
>>
>>7598366
Why so the rich can hog all the animal protein whilst the rest of us get none?

How about looking at such backward practices as Kosher slaughter where the front half of the animal is the only half eaten, before you unilaterally deny me my animal proteins? Or am I and the rest of us just an easier target than the Jews?
>>
>>7598205
>>7598345
the OP didn't ask how to pronounce it you autist fucks
>>
>>7599782
Salty milk and coins
>>
My favorite local sushi place has geoduck sashimi fairly regularly. They come in alive, and if you sit at the bar, you can see them wrangling them and slicing them up.
Anyway, I've had it several times, and it's good, but nothing to write home about. Kinda chewy, but the flavor is briny and fresh, so that's nice.
>>
>>7598166
>thisgeoduckaintjewish.jpg
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.