[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like goat cheese? (please, not GOAT cheese, goat cheese)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (921 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
921 KB, 1536x1024
Do you like goat cheese? (please, not GOAT cheese, goat cheese)

I'm a fan of it
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7595861
Yeah. And?
>>
I once when to a party with a cheese plate that had goat cheese stuffed with fig jam

more accurately, it was a party with a cheese plate that had me standing next to it cramming fig jam stuffed goat cheese into my face
>>
>>7595884
>Yeah. And?
>this is exactly how image.jpg posters talk
Do you know that you're a meme?
>>
>>7595901
Yeah, but why? Should I go get on my desktop to post? Why would that matter? What's the big deal about having a file name that says image.jpg? Explain it to me anon
>>
>>7595856

I fucking love it.

If I want to get super fancy, I cut slices of it and cover it with seasoned bread crumbs and pan fry it. It's really good over mixed greens and a vinaigrette.
>>
>>7595856
fucking love it
I think its more snackable than other cheeses. especially the coated ones from Trader Joes
>>
Take Date
Core it
Stick in goat cheese

Goat cheese stuffed dates

Fucking god tier
>>
>>7595856
why do they put it in some log that you can't close instead of a cream cheese container? I love this on crackers
>>
Why don't I ever see any hard goat cheeses?
>>
>>7595987
they have a hybrid at trader joes
>>
>>7595856
I don't like my cheese to taste like sweater, so no.
>>
>>7595930
He's just being a memer, don't worry about it.
>>
>>7595856
I think goat cheese is a fine cheese, and I'm glad people like it.
That said, I can't eat or smell goat cheese without it turning my stomach, but that's because I grew up on a ranch that raised goats as one of the many livestock animals. Once you've been around too many goats, especially billy goats, you never get the smell out of your head, and honestly, goat cheese has some of that stank. Which is probably one reason why other people like it, but for me, it's a huge NOPE.
>>
>>7595987

There's a goat cheddar made in Quebec called chevre noir. it's pretty good.
>>
>>7596109
glad I didn't grow up around goats
>>
File: 3a goat gouda.jpg (146 KB, 1600x891) Image search: [Google]
3a goat gouda.jpg
146 KB, 1600x891
>>7595987
>>
I like cow cheese better but I fucks with it all
>>
>>7595930
it's just a closeted person.

I bet they are a tranny irl
>>
>>7596127
Goats are actually one of the smarter livestock animals, but they stink to high heaven, especially the billy goats. When it's rutting season, the billy goats will literally piss on themselves to become alpha, and if you go in the pen with them, you'd better be carrying a BIG FUCKING STICK. I used to carry an old ax handle to whack the billy across the horns because otherwise he'd knock me over and pin me down. They are some horny, smelly fuckers, and you have to defend yourself.
Nanny goats don't smell AS bad, but they still carry the goat stank.
>>
>>7596188
I went to a goat farm one time and one goat kept rubbing his head against me because he wanted to fugg. They lick the female's face to show when they wanna fugg, which is all the time

Goats are fucking crazy man
>>
>>7596109
This is pretty common. I work as a cheese monger and most people I have met who don't like goat cheese grew up with goats. It definitely has the same "stink" that goats an goat meet (even when cooked) have - to varying degrees though.

Goat milk cheeses also have the tendency to taste or smell "musty" or as I like to call it "basementy". See Monte Enebro for an example.
>>
>>7596188
damn

my GF who taught me about goat cheese didn't say anything about this crap
>>
>>7595950
That blueberry one is fucking goat but so damn rich. I like mine mashed with rosemary and I usually do that if I get some plain cheese

>>7595987
There are plenty, just not many that are widely available. probably too strong and pungent for most people
>>
>>7596117
Do they sell it in big grocery stores like Maxi or IGA? Is it expensive?
>>
Amazing to snack with and the best thing to combo with lentil dishes.
>>
homemade soft white goat cheese costs 10€ per kilo where i live. I love it but too expensive for my 200€ monthly income. I don't work, in school
>>
It's like prank cream cheese. You slice off a bit expecting to spread it on your cracker and it just falls apart.
>>
What would human cheese taste like? Could you make cheese out of human breast milk?
>>
>>7595856
No, I fucking hate goat cheese dad. Stop trying to make me eat it every fucking time I visit you. Nothing has changed in two weeks
>>
>>7596211
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I love goats, and there's nothing more purely wonderful than a newborn baby goat. But billy goats are dangerous. We had to sell one of our billies once because it was so aggressive, it would knock everyone down and either stomp on you or try to hump you every time you went in to feed. And this was a boer goat, where the billies can get up to (and sometimes over) 300 lb. Any goat can try to butt you down, but usually you can kind of train them to back off, and nanny goats are small enough that even if they butt you, you're not going to necessary fall down. This one wanted to dominate and fuck everything and everyone so he had to GO.
>>
>>7595962
sounds like a good idea. I'm going on a date tonight. I hope she's up for it
>>
>>7596109
I read that I was raised in a farm as one of the goats and part of the livestock and thought you where trolling
>>
>>7595856
Why do people always say it tastes too "goaty"?
>>
>>7595856
I'm sorry, I don't eat Sodium in raw form.
>>
>>7598522
sounds like goat stew tbqh
>>
I've only had goat cheese once and it tasted very barn yardy. Like you could almost taste the piss soaked straw and horse shit.
>>
What about buffalo, yak or alpaca cheese?
>>
>>7598673
That's what makes it good
>>
goat cheese is good
I usually get some once a month
but last time I accidentally got some that had honey added to it
that stuff was vile
>>
>>7598536
Goats and products made from goats have this tangy smell and taste in every form. Some like that taste and some don't
>>
>>7598668
You wouldn't want to eat stew made from a billy goat. Tough, gamey, musky...no thanks.
>>
>>7595856
dat chromatic aberration
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.