[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me what food you find comfy. I'll start with miso
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: misosoup.jpg (42 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
misosoup.jpg
42 KB, 580x435
Tell me what food you find comfy.

I'll start with miso soup.

And also those overpriced , oversized, soft, warm chocolate chip cookies you can get at Starbucks et al.
>>
>>7594358
Miso soup with with fried tofu > miso soup with regular tofu

My wife always makes the regular kind unless I complain about it
>>
>>7594362
Doesn't frying it make it too 'hard' for in a soup?
>>
I had miso soup with spinach this morning. not especially comfy but delicious.
>>
>>7594362
>>7594408
It almost sounds like you guys actually make it yourself.

How hard is it? I just buy those white bags with small portions. Is making real miso soup basically the same but with a bigger pack of miso paste that can go bad if you don't use all of it?
>>
A nice, thick, chunky (penis) beef stew.

Large veggies, with perfectly cooked meat, and that rich stew-gravy (or whatever you want to call it). So fucking good.

It's especially good in the winter on a cold ass day.
>>
>>7594358
>>7594362
>>7594381
>>7594429
f
a
g
s

you're not japanese and you will never be Sasuke. Stop pretending to be and grow up.
>>
>>7594358
That's a cute bowl.
>>
>>7594544
>walk into KFC

FAG, you're not black and you'll never be DMX. Stop pretending to be and grow up.
>>
File: misosoup.jpg (50 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
misosoup.jpg
50 KB, 580x435
>>7594551
>>
Grilled cheese with Muenster and aged cheddar, with minestrone soup. Comfy to the max.
>>
>>7594614
>MINESTRONE SOUP

thanks for reminding me of that shit, this is why I made this thread.
>>
>>7594358
Who's the puglet?
>>
>>7594552
Funny thing is I don't go to KFC or pretend to be black, either. I'm in complete agreement with you.
>>
>>7594381
Fried tofu is actually very soft. That's if he means the frozen fried tofu skin kind which is the usual type for soup. Even if it was fresh, it would be soft anyway. Kind of like when you have tempura in soup.
>>
brit curry with rice, e.g, chicken tikka masala, balti
when i was in the uk, i didn't mind eating these everyday, even if they are the microwave pack type

japanese curry is good too

indian curry, the spiciness is too hardcore for me, good for eating out every now and then, but i wouldn't want to eat it regularly
>>
Tom yom soup is maximum comfy for me when I'm sick.
>>
red sauce with shell fish up the col cazzo ;) ;)
>>
soups and stews are way up there on the comf-o-meter

things i make to help me get comfy in the winter

collard lentil and hamhock soup
pork chili with cornbread
bigos
>>
>>7595298
>collard lentil and hamhock soup

awww yisssssssssss

Western and American soups and stews are my fucking jam.
>>
>>7594408
My man I love spinach in my miso, so simple and tasty
>>
Homemade bread, whatever kind, is comfy as all hell
>>
Jamalaya
Meatloaf
>>
>>7594429
It takes a really long time for miso to go bad, since it's already fermented. One tub of miso is enough for just maybe 3 pots of miso soup (for a family), so I wouldn't worry about buying a tub of it. And by tub, I mean about 16 oz. I buy them two at a time, usually one light yellow miso and one Kyoto red.
>>
>>7594358

Earlier on in life, I made it a point to travel & be adventurous with food. Miso soup is one of my favorite things to have. It just makes my stomach feel better as well.

Fast forward to this desk job in the middle of nowhere, where frozen sushi in a grocery store is "weird". I spend a lot of time in my office, so I have a few things to make my hours more bearable. One of those was heating my kettle & making a single cup of miso for myself.

I got called into the supervisor's office because someone complained of "body odor". It was the miso soup.

In retrospect it's kind of funny but cringeworthy at the same time.
>>
>>7595508
>tfw can't eat spicy or fermented things in the office because some fag will get triggered

feels bad man...
>>
Home made white bread, straight from the oven.
>>
>>7594362
fried is pig disgusting
>>
>>7594358
Who is this semen demon?
>>
Pho for me. Beef Pho mostly, but more than happy to eat chicken pho. Chicken Pho is godly when you just woke up or if you have a hangover.
>>
>>7595645
pretending shes slurping cum out of that bowl makes the picture 100% better.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.