[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it use different cheese than every other burger at McDonalds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
Why does it use different cheese than every other burger at McDonalds?
>>
The dollar values..
>>
>>7593765
bullshit, we use the same cheese for every sandwich unless some cuck decides they want white cheddar.
>>
>>7593773
>sandwich

that's a burger.
>>
File: o (1).jpg (141 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
o (1).jpg
141 KB, 747x1000
>>7593773
It has a rectabgle cheese rather than the normal square slice
>>
>>7593775
Fish is not of burger.
>>
>>7593775
Burger/sandwich, it's something between two pieces of bread and or bun. More or less the same thing.
>>
>>7593780
IT'S THE NORMAL SLICE OF CHEESE YOU GET ON A BURGER BUT CUT IN HALF.
>>
>>7593780
It's a half slice of cheese. The website menu even advises this.
>>
>>7593789
Why the half cut, half cut?
>>
>>7593797
HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW?! IT'S JUST HOW YOU MAKE THE DAMN THING.
>>
>>7593765
Recession burger, animal slaughter got way too expensive for the boss man to pay for. It was truly great times for animal lovers all over the world.
>>
>>7593797
fish doesn't accept too much cheese. You have to balance it carefully.
>>
File: 1454579464334.png (120 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
1454579464334.png
120 KB, 497x501
Mc' wage cuck here. Mc' fat fucks have the taste down to a fucking science even to cooking to have "optimal" flavour...its a little scary when i found out when thinking maybe x would taste better with a little more y. nope. tried many different extras and combination, nope. it's all in the process of rigorous product testing and fancy food jazz. Even though its fat as hell or cooked in filthy environments, I have t admit, changing the recipe fucks up all the flavor, even down to order you put it on.

I still remeber to this day after a year for working with them.... For the basics for damn near everything its

>condiments, mustard then the ketchup
>Onions
>Pickles
>cheese (holds all that shit together when made right to keep your bun from sliding all around when it melts
>meat (melts the cheese so it mixes all together in a weird slurry)
>wrap that shit up
>slide it into the heated landing zone to keep it as warm as possible for the customer just in case there is a big ass mexican sized order or a large group of people coming in all at once

If it's a delux like a Deluxe quarter pounder it gets lettuce THEN tomato, then two slices of cheese on each side of the meat patty (so it doesn't get lonely.) The Lettuce keeps the the moisture from the tomato from getting in the condiments and making a big mess when you bite into it. albeit still messy but A LOT less mess when the tomato is separated and an overall better eating experience.

this could have changed over the next few years after I had quit but the best way to actually enjoy your food from that shit hole is to order it fresh and if you want it with a little more quality do so before the rush hours if it's located in a busy area
>>
>>7593995
Exactly. Multi-billion dollar international giants test and test until it is perfect.

In this case, half a slice is perfect.
>>
>>7593765
I thought it was the same cheese only less?
>>
>>7595447
full slice was perfect for like 20 years
>>
Cheddar is better with fish. American cheese isn't
>>
>>7595995
And eating meat on Fridays was a sin for even longer than 20 years. Times change, God whispers new rules in the Pope's ear, McDonalds discovers new peaks of excellence.
>>
>>7595995
Half slice is cheaper.
>>
>>7596007
fuck you

>>7596012
they probably did this when the mcdouble was birthed
>>
>>7593780

I wonder if the higher oil content of the fish filet has something to do with it.
Maybe hot oil contributes to over-melting/de-coagulation of the cheese which leads to runoff?
I really can't be certain of anything with the chemical amalgamations they pass off as cheese slices these days...
>>
>>7596023
It was half slice in the 90's

T. Burger flipper back in 95
>>
>>7596576
What happen to other half
>>
>>7596590
They use it on another filet o fish dummy
>>
don't forget your fish filet fridays anons
>>
>>7596590
I usually ate it.
>>
>>7596481
No, it's because they needed to drop the fat content for some regulation to allow it be deemed "healthy" because at the time they didn't have salads and wanted to give their customers a "healthy" option.
>>
They fold a regular slice of cheese and give you half on the filet o fish

>>7593995

That is what I found when working there... But even then, I had made things in the kitchen long before they ever came out.

i.e. I made a big-mac inspired snack wrap long before it ever came out in Australia.
>>
>>7596603
Lose the jerky attitude before you lose some teeth, buddy.
>>
>>7593765

the bun is so odd on these things

in this picture it looks wrinkled but all the ones I've ever gotten had flawless unnaturally smooth buns and it feels like a marshmallow or something
>>
>>7596956
surely it would of made more sense to steam the patty instead of deep fry?
>>
>>7597969
>>in this picture it looks wrinkled but all the ones I've ever gotten had flawless unnaturally smooth buns and it feels like a marshmallow or something

Taken out of context that quote can be so golden.

Tempted to flip over to /gif and /pol and find random threads to insert it into.
>>
>>7598247
I don't get it?
>>
File: 12202014143.jpg (671 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
12202014143.jpg
671 KB, 2048x1536
>>7596850
I always put it in my pocket for later. I would feast on half slices of cheese and pocket lint when I would hide behind the dumpster on my breaks
>>
File: bright green.jpg (10 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
bright green.jpg
10 KB, 240x200
Why is it considered weird to eat a Filet O'Fish?

My family gets McDonalds every Thursday and because I don't want to get fat I always get the Filet O'Fish and for some reason they find it funny as fuck. They call me 'Ronald Mackereldonald' and whenever my dad says my order at the drive through he does it in a voice like he is underwater. Also he always asks for it with 'Medium Srims' as a play on 'medium fries' sounding like medium flys (because fish swim)

I don't understand it. Fish is nice. The Filet O'Fish is a good sandwich.
>>
>>7599146

Only pakis get filet o fish at maccies
>>
>>7599146
> whenever my dad says my order at the drive through he does it in a voice like he is underwater

hahahaha
>>
>>7599146
>Also he always asks for it with 'Medium Srims' as a play on 'medium fries' sounding like medium flys (because fish swim)
fucking what
>>
>>7599146
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>7599146
Your family is awesome.

Secondly, Filet O'Fish is a solid sandwich. Back in the stoner McDeal days of my youth, we dreaded Friday because it was the cheap Filet O'Fish. We all ordered something else but one friend, a Jew, got the fish and insisted it was good. I would rag on him that it was because he was cheap and he never ordered the fish unless it was on sale.

Years later my girlfriend would occasionally get the Filet O'Fish and I tried it and was pretty impressed. It is not the most common order so it is usually made fresh to order, but occasionally you get one that was sitting around and it isn't a pleasant experience.
>>
>>7593995

I think Filet o Fish is fucking amazing. Always been my favorite Mcdonalds item. Its just pure sex in my mouth.
>>
>>7593780
>IT'S THE NORMAL SLICE OF CHEESE YOU GET ON A BURGER BUT CUT IN HALF.
>>
>>7599382
Not true. I am a vegetarian and I regularly choose fillay of fish as my non meat option
>>
I get the feeling o' fish (my snazzy nickname) several times a week because fish is packed with amino fatty megas and vitaflavins.
>>
>>7598880
Vaginas anon
>>
>>7599775
>>7599146
Well, you can't have a McLandAir&Sea without a Fliet O'Fish. So it's kinda a must-have.
>>
You stupid nigger. A filet-o-fish does not have different cheese. It has tartar sauce, though.
>>
>they think it's actual fish
>>
>>7600491
bait detected <8^)
>>
>>7593780
wow, american fillet of fish looks like shit
>>
>cheese
>fish

blech!
>>
>>7601661
It's only half a slice. The flavor is very subtle
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.