[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Russian food guys. There has to be more than pelmeni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1420835716529.jpg (79 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1420835716529.jpg
79 KB, 600x375
Redpill me on Russian food guys. There has to be more than pelmeni and kvass but I don't have any russians in my city
>>
That's about it. Anything good in Russian food, like Stroganoff or blini or shaslik came from outside and is just a copy of another culture.
>>
Kefir
Plain white sliced bread with butter and roe caviar
Pirozhki
Lots of soup
Shashliki
>>
>>7592455
They also love cured sausage and gherkins.
>>
Russia food a shit
>>
File: IMG_20160304_001253-1.jpg (279 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_001253-1.jpg
279 KB, 600x800
Love some pelmeni

piroshki, belashi, borscht, korean carrot salad, and my babushka used to make cabbage stuffed with meat, rice, and some sort of red sauce, no idea what it's called.
>>
>>7592483
>belashi
is that basically a deep fried meat pie? surprised scotland doesn't have a monopoly on that
>>
I'm a Russia pro, so trust me.

Pelmeni
Pirozhki
Selyodka pod shuboi
Olivier salat
Golubtsi
Holodets
Borsch
Okroshka
Solyanka
Medovik
Sirniky
Bliny s ikra krasnaya
Shashlik
Stroganov
Kasha (grechka)
Kvas
Oblepikha chai
Mors
Beryozovy sok
Shproty (although smoked sprats might actually be a latvian dish)

There's heaps more, Russian is actually my favourite cuisine.
>>
File: golabki.png (408 KB, 460x355) Image search: [Google]
golabki.png
408 KB, 460x355
>>7592483
>some sort of red sauce, no idea what it's called

It's tomato sauce with onion and garlic, my man.
>>
Are cabbage rolls Russian? Those are good. The kind stuffed w ground pork, rice, spices and covered in watery tomato sauce.
>>
>>7592531
Yeah that's golubtsi
>>
>>7592531
Like much great modern cuisine, the first known cabbage roll recipes came from African-American ghettos. Cabbage was very cheap and abundant in America in the early 20th century, leading many ingenuitive black chefs to turn to the hearty, leafy green over more expensive flour and corn-based items.
>>
>>7592531
>Are cabbage rolls Russian?
Turkish, but they are traditionally rolled in grabe leaves. When they spread into european cousine they were replaced with cabbage in the regions where there are no grapes.
>>
>>7592570
>america invented everything and this too
No, you retarded burger.
>>
>>7592570
I was going to say something but it seems I get banned every time I comment on dark skinned people.
>>
>>7592432
If youre visiting russia, get yourself a hamburger, they spent years in awe of american hamburgers ( more than Americans do themselves) and have created, in my opinion, the greatest hamburgers in the world. Russia loves hamburgers.
>>
>>7592523
>Oblepikha chai
>Mors
>Beryozovy sok
What are these? Google is failing me
>>
>>7592598
are you memeing or is this actually true?
>>
>>7592686
A tea made of berries, a concentrated juice drink, and the last one is birch tree sap
>>
>>7592432
I used to be a russiaboo, then I moved to a Russian neighborhood. That cured me real quick. What an ugly, vindictive, petty, soulless, awful culture they have. Mexicans may be loud but at least you don't feel like they're going to drain your blood and send your soul to the netherworld to save 3 cents on a loaf of bread.
>>
File: 20160113_222335.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160113_222335.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>7592731
I think you'll find the situation with American Russkies is the same as with Aussie Lebos. The people back in the original country are magnitudes better. I recommend you visit Moscow in winter and the Russiaboo will come flooding back to you
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.