[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breakfast all day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Southern-Breakfast.jpg (116 KB, 700x473) Image search: [Google]
Southern-Breakfast.jpg
116 KB, 700x473
Am i the only one who could eat ''breakfast foods'' all day long? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, night. Is it a little weird?
>>
I'm never hungry in the morning. Am i weird? idk
>>
>>7588789
No, that's pretty common.
>>
I eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

Stupid conventions are stupid.

The one thing that makes no sense to me is eating sweet shit first thing in the morning (french toast, pancakes/waffles with maple syrup, pastries). If I'm going to eat dessert food I'll wait till I'm drunk, not right after I roll out of bed.
>>
File: Denny's breakfast.jpg (178 KB, 1024x877) Image search: [Google]
Denny's breakfast.jpg
178 KB, 1024x877
Breakfast foods in the morning and at night is best.
>>
>>7588756
wife always wants me to make waffles or pancakes or some shit for dinner but i think that is because she is addicted to sugar. i don't mind doing it sometimes, but usually i'd prefer something more dinner-like.
>>
I'm trying to disconnect foods from certain meals that they are associated with. Of course im not going to serve pancakes when company comes over but i will have chicken for breakfast.
>>
>>7588828
I have never had a sunny side up egg. Have I wasted my life?
>>
>tfw I just made eggs and hash browns and served it with toast and bananas for dinner

The pan was too hot and I kinda overcooked my eggs and in an attempt to make very crispy hashbrowns I burned them a little. Still good tho
>>
>>7588756
breakfast foods are great
>>
Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite meals.
>>
>>7588756
just because you can do something does not mean you should.
>>
>>7589618
yes. those ones look done to perfection too. dip your toast in the yolk and soak up any remaining goodness with hashbrowns.
>>
Breakfast food is literally the worst and any place doing it half way decent is just catering to the industries hungover waitstaff and chefs as a way to be considered part of the culinary scene.

Breakfast food is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>7590029

Breakfast food has one of the highest markups of any kind of food. Restaurants who do breakfast do it because it makes them money.
>>
>>7590029
>you will never know the comfy feeling of pulling an all nighter with mates and getting very mediocre breakfast food at a dinner
>>
Not really weird, just a sign of immaturity
>>
>>7590061
yeah when you think about it it's a really big rippoff unless they do something original. 5$ for eggs and 2 toasts? For one more dollar you could get 12 eggs and a whole bread.

I justify it by not having to cook and not having to do the dishes.
>>
>>7588756
No. It's not absurd since breakfast food is fatty or carbs which are tasty. Which is why it's for breakfast since you "fasted" all night and your metabolism is at its peak.
>>
>>7590138
>Implying I'm not from jersey
>Implying I've never been to diners at all hours

Doesn't make me like breakfast food any better, just appreciate shifty black coffee and places that make sandwiches 24 hours a day
>>
>>7590268
Good God, you know nothing about nutrition.
>>
>>7588828
Just by look at this, it makes my mouth go full watery.

Them potatoes, I'm not about the name you americans use for them, is it saratoga or hashbrown?, I don't know but I like them that way.

The crispy bacon, that good loking colour on them just makes me imagine the it's flavour on my mouth, it's almost like my tongue had it's own concience and spoke to me tellepathically (oh boy, you gotta give me some of dat bacon dawg).

Not forgetting the puffy looking pan cakes, them eggs though I'm not a big fan of eggs in general, but still look like my crush every morning I see her in the office, just damn fine.
>>
>>7588789
Common, it's just a quirk of your body. Completely normal and healthy.

>>7588756
I regularly have breakfast-style foods for dinner. They're fast, easy to make, tasty and nutritious.
>>
>>7590268
That is... really not how it works.
>>
>>7590456
I was about to post this but you beat me to it.

No wonder so many people are fat as fuck. They have about as much right to talk about nutrition as a sociologist has a right to go around introducing themselves as a scientist.
>>
>>7590509
Yeah, it's incredible how people overcomplicate and/or completely don't understand these things and then base their life choices on these misunderstandings.

Oh well, that's just life I guess.
>>
if anyone on my facebook feed posts something food related, e.g., "food hacks," "1 minute recipes" or any other unadulterated trash, I instantly unfollow them.

Fucking normies think the epitome of home cooking is rolling sausages in croissant dough and wrapping it in bacon.
>>
>>7588756
What are those fritters?
>>
>>7588756
I like to eat hot breakfast food as a lunch

just now for a late lunch I had some fried bacon and potato with an egg scrambled in. Beats a sandwich for lunch
>>
File: Full American.jpg (651 KB, 1250x614) Image search: [Google]
Full American.jpg
651 KB, 1250x614
Breakfast is awesome.
>>
>>7590585
>anyone on my facebook feed
normie.
>>
>>7590500

The potatoes in that picture are called "hash browns"; at least that is our name for the shredded style. "Home fries" are the chunkier sautéed ones.
>>
>>7591075
Hashbrown patties are the way to go familia. Those hashbrowns in the pic are not crispy enough
>>
>>7588801
>drinking a bunch of alcohol
>then consuming a bunch of sweet sugar

Gross. And you probably feel shittier in the morning too. I'd much rather eat something greasy and fatty when drunk.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.