[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people always refer to eggs as 'delicious'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up[1].jpg (81 KB, 513x444) Image search: [Google]
Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up[1].jpg
81 KB, 513x444
Why do people always refer to eggs as 'delicious'?

Eggs don't have any flavor.
They're pretty much just colored, puffy, solid water.

Wood has more flavor than fucking eggs.

Why do people like eggs so much?
They're so boring.

They're alright if you mix them with other ingredients, in order to bind things or whatever, but eggs on their own have no flavor or value.
>>
File: dumbfounded.gif (1014 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
dumbfounded.gif
1014 KB, 480x270
>>7587913
>>
when are you gonna finish your memoirs OP can you fax the manuscript over asap
>>
>>7587913
>Eggs don't have any flavor.

Stop buying factory-farmed bullshit anon, and you'll discover that good eggs are amazingly flavorful.
>>
>>7587913

sopping up egg yolk with bread is literally one of the best tastes ever. so is a good bite of bread with some scrambled on it.

fuck you
>>
>>7587913
You're the guy that still buys the cheapest caged eggs he can find in the supermarket aren't you
>>
>OP has never quartered an egg with different seasonings on each quarter.
>>
>>7587921
>>7587934
I've been buying free range eggs for a couple of years. Still tasteless.

>>7587931
>yolk
>having flavor
Uhhhhh
>>
Seek medical assistance
>>
>>7587936
That's the seasoning that has flavor, not the egg.
>>
>>7587937
Just because you don't taste it doesn't mean it's not there
>>
>>7587945
>>Missing the copypasta referance

You must be new here.
>>
>>7587945
>joke or reference
>you
>>
>another lazy bait thread

(You)
>>
>>7587937
have you worked in a coal mine for most of your life?
>>
>>7587913
Where do you live that water tastes like eggs?
>>
Eggs do lose a lot of flavor when they're cooked. Taste the yolk raw, and you'll see how delicious it is. Don't bother with the white, particularly if you're worried about salmonella.
>>
do you smoke 5 packs a day op
>>
>>7589568
North Dakota
>>
>>7587931
This

Alao taking a bike out of the egg while it's on some buttered toast and then mopping it up with bread and bacon.

So good
>>
>>7590282
>bike

Bite. On mobile.
>>
>>7587913
do you have trouble breathing through your nose by any chance?
>>
I always eat my eggs with Tobasco. The strong vinegar taste gives it something.
>>
>>7587913
Spotted the smoker.
>>
Horrific diets full of artificially flavoured tastebud killing 'Food' has made the majority of the populace unable to taste anything that isn't chemically "flavour enhanced".
>>
The real question in this thread is how do I get wood flavours into something edible?
>>
Eggs are noticeably bitter
>>
>>7590383
Smoking?
>>
Regularly buy cheapest eggs at store, always consistently good. Those suggesting spending 3-5 times as much for nearly identical product seem almost as nuts as the OP and his water eggs.
>>
>>7590443
>not living in an area where people raise chickens and sell farm fresh eggs for cheaper than grocery store prices
city cuck
>>
>>7590451
>not living in a high density flat and being buddy buddy with all your neighbours
>not trading herbs from your windowsill herb garden for eggs from the man who keeps chickens on the roof

SHIGGY
DIGGY
DOO
>>
>>7590580
>having to be in such close proximity to a bunch of insufferable cunts
>>
>>7590580
>not having a full herb garden and chicken coop on your own several acres of land

Nothing compares. Nothing. City a shit.
>>
>>7590610
>being an insufferable cunt
>having to harvest from acres of land
>only have access to the things you can grow
>can't use the higher salary you'd get in a professional city job to make use of the many resources a city offers (exotic ingredients etc)

Different strokes I guess, friendo ;^)
>>
>>7590680
Guess so, sweety :]
>live in a beautiful American suburb
>hardly any brown skinned people in the area
>grow vegs in own yard
>drive fun vehicle to a farmers market sometimes
>>
Fried eggs on rye sourdough with ajvar spread on it is fuckin godly
>>
>>7587913
Did you write that comment after you saw the Simpsons episode where they stole the eggs?
>>
>>7587921
only if you steal them from flanders~! ;^)
>>
Ramsay style is pretty yummy.
>>
Stop being a drug addict.
>>
>>7587937
Then perhaps you simply can't taste it
I have chickens at home and theres a good taste to the eggs
>>7590416
You're cooking them too long
>>
File: 1401512498103.jpg (96 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1401512498103.jpg
96 KB, 500x333
>>7587913
Cook an omlette in the frech style, slightly runny, small curd, shit doesnt even need cheese its so creamy and good.

gr8 b8 m8 8/8
>>
File: 1401989186167.jpg (25 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
1401989186167.jpg
25 KB, 521x521
>>7590580
I used to live in an aparatment where a guy raised squab on the roof, would sell it for like 6 bucks. shits like 20 most of the time, god i sometimes wanna move back just for this reason
>>
>>7587921
>paying more for the same product makes it better
I hate this meme
>>
Posts thread dissing one of the best foods on the planet. Doesn't defend it.
>>
>>7587931

it's more about mouthfeel than taste

also, "delicious" can refer to mouthfeel (whether or not that fits the dictionary definition i have no idea but we're talking about a term that people throw around in everyday life). or perhaps the fact that almost nobody eats eggs without salt/pepper (at least) explains why literally nobody is talking about the flavor of plain eggs when they refer to them as "delicious."
>>
>>7587913
I just get the Wal Mart eggs and can tell you they make great additions to salads. They give a creaminess you would otherwise lack. Hard boil them and you can condense the flavor and really taste it.
>>
here's what i'm into: scrambled eggs cooked hard with cheese, hit with a shit-ton of worcestershire and hot sauce. like a fucking lake of sauce. umami overload.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.