[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to try some bomb-ass tea, anon. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: T.jpg (180 KB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
T.jpg
180 KB, 3888x2592
I'm looking to try some bomb-ass tea, anon. What's the best kind that's widely available?
>>
>>7587406
What do you like?
>>
Drink enough tea and your will possess a "bomb-ass."
>>
>>7587406
Tazo Awake English Breakfast, good for builders tea or iced.
>>
>>7587406
Lavender tea with a ponut on the side.
>>
>>7588372
*donut
>>
>>7588375
You know what you did and you can't take that.
>>
>>7588380
*can't take that back
>>
>>7588222
*Irish Breakfast
>>
File: DiGiorno-Pizza.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DiGiorno-Pizza.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
You want some peetzer anon?
>>
File: 1421180527062.jpg (30 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1421180527062.jpg
30 KB, 500x587
tea newfag here

mate tea is closer to which type of tea? black or green?

Also, what the best type to be pretentious as possible
>>
>>7588596
>mate tea is closer to which type of tea? black or green?
Neither really, it's a herbal tea so a different plant all together.
>Also, what the best type to be pretentious as possible
I would recommend pu-erh
>>
>>7588596
it tastes more like green to me
>>
O O L O N G
O
L
O
N
G

Perfect middle ground between green and black tea.
>>
>>7588630
>>7588637
nice
thanks nigras

Im using loose tea but is it true that using teabags make me a pleb?
>>
anyone know of any online distributors of high quality loose leaf tea? willing to shell out a bit of cash for the good shit.
>>
>>7588658
Yes
I don't mean to sound pretentious, but it really makes the tea bitter and loses a lot of depth of flavor
>>
>>7588676
Got it
>>
>>7588571
ROLEPLAY ISNT ALLOWED NEWFAG REEEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
I'm supposed to drink tea with or without sugar? Which is more common? What about other ways to replace the sugar?
>>
bubble tea :3
>>
I personally like chamomile before bed, and english breakfast in the morning
>>
>>7588705
Most tea is good enough on its own that it doesn't need sugar.
Black tea is strong enough that a bit of sugar or jam won't hurt it, but green tea is absolutely destroyed by sugar.
>>
I like ceylon
>>
>>7588596

mate is not tea. that being said it tastes much more like green to me.
>>
>>7588796
nice senpai
>>
>>7588796
what jam?
>>
>>7588639

oolong is good, great oolong will make you feel like you transcend the experience of life, like your tastebuds open up for the first time like a crocus when the snow melts..

it's a heavenly, sublime experience really only topped by having sex when you're on psychedelics or opiates
>>
>>7587406
>>7588639
oolong is top tier
M A T C H A
A
T
C
H
A
>>
Which one is the most meme reddit tea
>>
>>7588977

earl grey
>>
File: 1441736669952.jpg (108 KB, 700x495) Image search: [Google]
1441736669952.jpg
108 KB, 700x495
>>7589012
i never tasted this motherfucker
how should I? Sugar/honey?
>>
>>7589022

brew it very short, otherwise it tastes like perfume and nothing but that. no sugar no honey, but rock sugar works real well. especially the crackling one, the one that makes noises when you throw it into the tea. just a little.
>>
>>7589062
Nice
Im going to leddit the shit out of my tea when I get one
>>
>>7589070

you go, girl
>>
>>7588596
>>7588630
Someone at a hostel in Madrid has a plastic mate gourd. I was not aware those exist. Why not use a mug tho?
>>
>>7589113
i live in brazil and me and my friends generally use a simple cup and shit but the gourds look better on the eyes and portray some exotic vibe to foreigners

Where I live it is generally served cold, which most consider a heresy
>>
>>7588639
The four main kinds of teas are easily likened to the four seasons, to put it as pretentiously as one could.

Winter - black teas. Strong enough to still be tasty even if your nose is stuffy, often hot enough after brewing to clear the nose. Also enough backbone you can drink it alongside any food really, and you won't lose many of its good traits.

Spring - White tea. Clean, bright, and delicate- a lot like the new growths on trees and plants.

Summer: Green teas- light, sweet, and you can brew them then serve it over ice and still have some of its more distinct flavors, while an iced white tea, unless brewed extremely strong, will just taste like water.

Fall - oolong. It's a complex type of tea, but generally they're earthy and with a more powerful taste than whites and greens, while still having that delicate nature to them.

IMO a good puerh/oolong is hard to beat.

>>7588705
If your teas are bitter enough to where you need to add sugar to make it drinkable, you're brewing it wrong. However, if it's already drinkable and you just want a little bit of sugar added, use a tiny amount- what would make coffee slightly sweet will turn tea into liquid diabetes.
>>
>>7589283
got it
I brewed today the first tea in my life
>>
Does anyone here make kombucha? I'm about to be making my first batch and am wondering what type of tea to order for it. I need 8 bags or the equivalent in loose tea.
>>
>>7587406
Any tea is bomb-ass if you drink it with Sugarstar.
>>
>>7588560
this guy knows what's up
>>
I want to get some sage tea, oolong, and some kind of white 'spring' tea like that anon suggested. I'm all for the season method.

Any recs for brands? How should I make it, I have no kettle.
>>
>>7589545

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-kombucha-tea-goodfor-you/
>>
>>7589703
kettle is for heating plain water which is then poured into pot or other vessel where the tea is. Anything can be a teapot. I use a freedom press.
>>
>>7589935
This does not answer their question at all, they asked for tea recommendations.
>>
>>7588888
quints of truth, oolong is officially the best tea.
>>
Japanese Sencha is GOAT
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.