[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/, what makes the best lasagna?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: lasagna.jpg (28 KB, 307x204) Image search: [Google]
lasagna.jpg
28 KB, 307x204
/ck/, what makes the best lasagna?
>>
Eggplant and spinach imo
>>
>>7587346
You deserve to get castrated.
>>
Proper bechamel not the weird ricotta mix American sometimes do
>>
buy the one for the oven, not for the microwave
>>
>>7587362
Ricotta is so grainy, don't know how people stand it. I always use a mix of cottage cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan.
>>
>>7587372
>Ricotta is so grainy, don't know how people stand it
Have your friends ever asked if you were a homosexual?
>>
>>7587372
Sounds even worse desu
>>
Personally? Really good homemade bolognese sauce with mushrooms in there and adding zucchini and carrot to the ricotta mixture. It's killer, in my opinion.
>>
>>7587344
I was going to mention quality ingredients, making the sauces but I saw this.>>7587371
> buy the one for the oven, not for the microwave
I began to weep at this board.
>>
>>7587393
You don't think the oven lasagnas are better than the microwave ones?
>>
>>7587396
Yes mate but it's far more fun to make your own.
>>
>>7587400
I don't understand how the fun makes it taste better.
>>
>>7587403
When I had a family, it was great to have the kids join in, preparing the sauces and making up the layers. being a family affair does make it taste better.

Now I live on my own, I make one and section it up for freezing. I make a batch of Bog sauce, and freeze the surplus.
>>
File: 1459826935300.png (386 KB, 458x514) Image search: [Google]
1459826935300.png
386 KB, 458x514
>>7587403

Because anything even your retarded ass can cobble together is 1,000 times better then something mass produced by machines, flash frozen, and shipped to grocery stores.

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't be in charge of providing yourself with nutrition if you're too stupid to realise this
>>
>>7587403
I believe that anon simply took issue that you would think a pre-made lasagna of any variety is "best lasagna" material.

I choose to believe you were insulting everyone on /ck/ by implying that no one here is a good enough cook to make lasagna better than storebought.

Either way.
>>
>>7587362
They add ricotta to some southern Italian version of lasagna, it's not an american thing. There's a variance in northern Italy and southern, never mind no two people really make it the same. North sometimes has bechamel and butter, south sometimes ricotta and olive oil.
>>7587346
Why not just make moussaka with bechemal sauce on top instead of perverting lasagna like this, but if you like it, enjoy.
>>7587372
Some people swear by ricotta and some by cottage cheese, I've seen some use both in the same lasagna, it comes out good either way, especially if whoever is eating it likes it.
>>
>>7587344
I tried to make a "green lasagna".
Instead of tomatoes, sieved tomatoes and minced meat I used sieved zucchini and (leaf) spinach. Everything else stayed the same.
That somehow worked, but it was more liquid than traditional lasagna. Next time I have to replace some of the ingredients with something that is less mushy...
>>
Half ground beef, half Italian sausage
Lots of cheese
>>
>>7587362
>>7587372

that's the ultra-common cheap shit skim milk Ricotta.. you need to use the real whole milk version.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.