[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 20160301_220917.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160301_220917.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Haven't seen one of these, so I'm starting one.

I have two stupid questions. I'll ask one first, and follow with the other in another post.

(This is the simpler of the two). If I have some sweet potatoes that have sprouted little vines, they are now inedible, or can you trim all that off and still eat the remainder?

Pic unrelated, just grabbed a food related pic from my file.
>>
You can trim the vines. Nothing's gonna happen.
>>
And question two.

I have to use an electric smoker, because we can't have open fire grills or smokers in my rental.
It's a Brinkman, and while I've gotten very good at using it, I usually only do one kind of meat at a time, mainly because you have to have one piece of meat stacked above the other on a separate rack. Next weekend, I want to smoke both pulled pork and pastrami.
I'm assuming the pork should be on the bottom, and the pastrami on top, or will the cured juices from the pastrami ruin my pulled pork?
>>
It's my birthday today, what should I buy for lunch or dinner?
>>
>>7587178
A prostitute.

>>7587121
Do one at a time.
>>
What can I do with chevre?
>>
Are there any food and cooking related books that I can just casually pick up and read but still glean some information that would help improve my cooking at home? Cookbooks or whatever should be fine. I don't have much knowledge nor experience.
>>
>>7587223
Throw it in the bin.

>>7587444
Literally any cooking book.
>>
>>7587121

Does your smoker have a 3rd shelf in it? Or is there a way you could rig one up? If so, do this:

Pastrami on top
Drip Tray
Pork underneath
>>
>>7587223
I like it in a toasted sandwich containing bacon, caramelized pears (or peaches, etc.), and the chevre.
>>
>>7587223
Caramelised onion and goats cheese tart.

Bonus points if you caramelise the onions and deglaze with red wine.
>>
>>7587456
I guess I'm asking for cooking book recommendations then lol
>>
File: food revoloution.jpg (13 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
food revoloution.jpg
13 KB, 197x256
>>7587485
You want recipes or techniques?

Pic related is my best suggestion for a general beginner cookbook.

Techniques:
La Methode and La Technique by Jacques Pepin (also reprinted in one volume as "Pepin's Complete Techniques). Also "The Professional Chef".

Recipes:
Mastering the art of French cooking - Julia Child. Joy of Cooking (1970's or earlier editions preferably), How to Cook Everything - Bittman
>>
>>7587498
Mostly techniques, and I guess just general information as to what works, what ingredients work well with others, and why, etc.
>>
>>7587498
>>7587724
That looks like a great start though, thanks anon!
>>
>>7587107
Is anyone in Memphis hiring?
>>
I didn't get a reply in the coffee thread so I'll try here.
Is the Aeropress a gimmick or a good, convenient way to brew coffee?
>>
>>7587461
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I think I can fit a drip tray in between the two. I should have thought of that, makes perfect sense, lel.
>>
>>7587894
Do you drink 8oz or less of coffee at a time?
>>
>>7587107
Depending on the size of the potato u can cut about a 1x1x1 inch chunk around the eye (vine as u call it) and plant it and you will have a new potato.
>>
So I just got one of those beverage jars and was wondering what drink should I make to fill it. Any suggestions?
I'm afraid that anything fresh will go bad on a couple of days so no 6L mojitos for me
>>
>>7587223

Make pasta.

One of my favourites is speck/prosciutto/pancetta, mushroom, pepperoncini, chevre, and some small noodle. A little butter and pasta water for your sauce
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.