[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think about paying $5 for a gallon of milk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Oberweis_Dairy_Milk.jpg (22 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Oberweis_Dairy_Milk.jpg
22 KB, 800x600
What does /ck/ think about paying $5 for a gallon of milk?
>>
Who the fuck drinks milk?
>>
>>7587042
What do you put in your black tea?
>>
>>7587050
Nothing
>>
I usually go for the expensive milk because it tastes better
>>
>>7587041

Oberweis is bull milk, hence the higher expense.
>>
I usually go for the cheapest milk because it tastes the same
>>
>>7587041
If I have to money I prefer grass fed milk from Dexter cows, calorically speaking though while I'm poor I can't afford that kind of quality.

Butter, milk, ghee, butter milk, yogurt is my life blood.
>>
>>7587062
>bull milk

top kek
>>
>>7587065
100% unequivocally false
>>
m8, we pay $5 for a half gallon in Australia and that aint even the fancy shit.
>>
>>7587075
5 USD?
>>
>>7587077
5 dollarydoos
>>
>>7587075
Bollocks m8

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/mobile/national/coles-milk-full-cream-8150288p

AUD$3 for 3 litres
1 gallon = 3.785L

So we pay AU$1 per litre meaning a gallon costs AUD$3.785, which is USD$2.94
>>
>>7587041
I think rootbeer milk is the best milk I've ever drank, and I'd weigh 800 pounds if it was any cheaper.
>>
>>7587041
I have 5 oberwise half gallons delivered every week. AMA
>>
Since I'm not a retard and I use coupons, I've never spent more than 2$ on a gallon of milk. Even the "fancy" stuff that tastes exactly the same.
>>
Milk is the healthiest food made to give all nutrients to baby cows that need it. The best milk is actually 1% or no-fat since it has more nutrients per calorie than raw milk but saturated fat isn't bad for you.
>>
>>7587041
I get organic whole milk, and pay $5-6/ gal for it.

Organic milk is pasteurized at a higher temperature to kill all of the bacteria (unlike regular milk that is pasteurized to be safe enough to sit for a week or so) since there's less demand and it has to be shipped farther and sits on the shelf longer, and this process burns some of the sugar, giving it a trace amount of sweetness that I like.
>>
>>7587054
Underated post
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.