[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one manage to work a 11 hour shift with possibly the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
How does one manage to work a 11 hour shift with possibly the worst hangover of your life?

>just ended a 4 day bender
>I can't drink caffeine because panic attacks
>>
>4 day bender
>Did not do a 3 day bender with a day off to rest

Perhaps I am naive but...why? I'd honestly call in sick if I were you. Stay hydrated and nourished. Hope you can keep food down.
>>
>>7586694
>Did not do a 3 day bender with a day off to rest

I honestly forgot I had to work. Had a 6 day vacation and lost track of what day it was
>>
call in sick.
Less chance of losing your job
>>
>>7586687
I've done 12 hour shifts with wicked bad ones repeadly
>hair of the dog
>weed
>dank food
>coke

I worked at a pretty lax job tho
>>
>>7586709
What job allowed you to do coke and smoke weed at?
>>
>>7586717
It sounds like security
>>
>>7586791
Every restaurant on earth.
>>
>>7586687
Depends on the job. If it's possible to do it while mentally switched off it may be sufficient to ease most of the pain by mixing aspirin with ibuprofen, which is safe to do. Try and take a nap on your break.

If you need to think I don't know what to suggest. You probably need caffeine, but even then you'll be struggling.
>>
>>7586687
>11 hour shift
Get a decent job.
>>
>>7586709
>hair of the dog

This desu.
>>
>>7586687
I've done it and you're being dramatic unless your metabolism is slower than a snail. About five hours in it shakes loose.

Try to find something called phentermine, its basically speed, as you cant handle caffeine its the next best thing and comes in fairly low doses. if you take that and just gorge yourself on water, you will have energy and sweat/piss it all out 4 or 5 hours into your shift, after you start feeling a little more human eat something with a lot of protein, not necessarily fat, fat will just make you wanna go to bed but something like beans or steak or eggs will give you enough energy to get through the end of it.
>>
>>7586687
Grow up for a start. Also if you get panic attacks a lot of that is caused by the excessive drinking, trust me I know.
>>
Water and Yogurt
>>
I've worked a 16 hour shift after drinking 2 liters of Everclear in 3 days. I'm a forklift operator in a cold storage warehouse. (Extreme fluorescent lights then pitch black inside trailers in -25 F temps. Try that during a hangover). Eat some greasy food and stop being a pussy.
>>
>>7586687
Sleep on the bathroom floor sporadically throughout the day
>>
>>7587480
>>7587473 Here. This entirely tho. Hopefully you work in an environment without females. I actually installed a lock in my old warehouse in the females bathroom (no one was the wiser) after my shift one day and used ir exclusively to sleep in.
>>
Drink More. But if your hangover is bad enough that you'll just immediately throw it up, call in sick.
>>
>>7586687

do some meth or snort some adderall
>>
Get help
>>
>>7586687
I don't know, but I would go for a sports drink with a little vodka added to it, something tells me to fight fire with fire.
>>
>>7587011
>panic attacks a lot of that is caused by the excessive drinking, trust me I know.

Yup. Rebound anxiety. You're going through withdrawal. You're body got used to having a GABAergic drug in it (can happen even in short bouts - part of a hangover is WD effects). Alcohol is an anxiolytic, withdrawals are generally the opposite of the drug, so now you're tense as fuck.
>>
>>7586687
Im in the military. I got a posh job and a shift with no management. I just tell my coworkers im still drunk then sleep for 4 hours or till Im needed for work. Water seems to help especially wen ur first pisses are brown. If you cant got a comfy job where sleep is no option stay active and posture is everything. Mind over matter type of thing and remind yourself that you are not a pussy and yes you can run this 5K for PT while ripping ass in the faces of everyone behind you.
>>
>>7586687
Just keep drinking, problem solved.
>>
>>7587007
You may need meetings
>>
>>7587473
This guy hasn't done any of that. Just another pussy.
>>
>>7589477
I still have the empty at home to prove it m8. Lamao.
>>
>>7589499
You do know that just proves you have an empty bottle of Everclear.
>>
>>7589512
Weva m8. When you get a big boy job you too will know what working a double shift is.
>>
File: image.gif (442 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
442 KB, 200x200
>>7589793
>big boy job
>working shifts
>>
>>7589885

>doctors are fucking plebs
>>
>not having emergency xanax
>>
>>7586687
I find masturbation a useful palliative when I'm hungover. Right afterwards, I usually take a gigantic stinky shit, too. Feels better and then I can start keeping food down.
>>
Dont go on 4 day benders if you have work you fuckong retard.
>>
sparkling water

pure existential rage

personal pride in taming the beast

that's...that's about it
>>
>>7586687
>pedialyte
this shit's great when you can't really keep anything down, it's for babies that have diarrhea. Food stamps cover it too yo, but the dollar store is way cheaper.
>weed
helps with the nausea and makes it so later on you can actually eat something
>breakfast
make yourself a greasy breakfast, corned beef hash is my go to when hungover
>>
>>7589885
I don't get what you're implying.
>>
I usually go in to work for 1-3 hours, puke at my desk, and tell them I'm sick so I can go home.
>>
>>75866 gotta do what you gotta do
>>
>>7586717
Headshop clerk
>>
File: ABSOLUT.jpg (31 KB, 390x598) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUT.jpg
31 KB, 390x598
>>
Try doing some hard labor. Construction work. That kind of shit that breaks your back. Then you'll wish you could go back to your bagging groceries job or your dishwashing job.
>>
>>7590375
This. But try working in -20 weather during the week and doing roofing in SoCal heat on the weekends.
>>
>>7586687
tfw salaried
tfw wfh when mildly hungover
tfw unlimited sick days that only go towards hangovers

having marketable skills is g r 8
>>
>>7590453
I wonder if we work for the same company
>>
File: 1338157759031.png (223 KB, 590x335) Image search: [Google]
1338157759031.png
223 KB, 590x335
>>7586687
>he still gets hangovers

Literally plebbit tier 'i've been an alcoholic for the last 2 weeks wat do'
>>
percasets and xannies desu senpai
>>
>>7586687
Two words: opiates and benzos
>>
drink nothing but coconut water and chicken broth and drink lots of it

also

>working 11 hour shifts

ty for reminding me to never climb the ladder at work oh god i will never work 11 hours in a day fuck that
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.