[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Casseroles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: casserole.jpg (144 KB, 460x316) Image search: [Google]
casserole.jpg
144 KB, 460x316
What are you favourite casseroles /ck/?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7 KB, 334x151) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7 KB, 334x151
Mother Fucking Tuna.

AWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSS.
>>
Sheppard's pie (which I don't know if it's technically a casserole, but who cares it's delicious), and a fettuccine casserole.
>>
>>7586389
with or without cheese
>>
File: rata.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
rata.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3648
>>
File: 4201-6.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4201-6.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7586372
best casserole coming thru
>>
>>7586397

Momma always made it without...

I always make it with a crispy bread crumb and parmesan topping.

sorry i posted a picture with nuclear orange cheddar on the top... i am disgusted with myself.
>>
>>7586410
nigga that's a quiche
>>
Some of what I'm going to post others have already posted, but whatever.

>Shephard's Pie
>Cottage Pie
>King Ranch Chicken (but with homemade sauce, not fucking canned soup)
>Rattatouile
>Summer Squash Casserole (think of it as a Southern American version of Rattatouile )
>Beef and Biscuit Casserole (a specialty of my Grandmother's, much like a thick, rich beef stew with a fluffy buttermilk biscuit topping)
>Broccoli and Rice casserole (another 20th century comfort food, which also should use homemade sauce and NO fucking canned soup)
>Green Bean Casserole, again, made from scratch, using fresh green beans and (just see above so I don't have to repeat myself )
>Chicken and Egg Noodle casserole
>Tomato Casserole (you really need summer ripe tomatoes for this)
>Enchilada Casserole (call it an abomination, IDGAF, it's delicious) same goes for Chile Relleno casserole and Tamale casserole
>Moussaka
>Pastisio
>Lasagna
>Eggplant Casserole (I've had several excellent versions of this )
>Spinach Casserole
>Shrimp and Rice casserole
>Crabmeat Casserole
>and can't forget the Thanksgiving leftover staples of Turkey Tetrazzini and Turkey Pot Pie casseroles
>>
>>7586389
why does warm tuna make me gag?

I can practically eat that shit out of a can and be fine but if it's warm I won't even touch it
>>
why do white people have to turn everything into a casserole?
>>
>>7586706
Same reasons why Asians turn everything into soups, and Indians turn everything into curries, and Latinos put everything over rice and beans. It's a means of not wasting foods, you nincompoop.
>>
I like one my mom made as a kid, its awful as fuck for you so I rarely make it but its so comfy.

Basically just chicken thighs, cream if chicken soup (diluted with milk so its not as salty), mix that with rice and bake at 350. Take the chicken out after like 30 mins and shred and stir it in, then top with cheddar and broil
>>
Green bean casserole is the bee's fucking knees.
>>
>>7586806
I make a version of this. I add I cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of white wine to the condensed soup (it would take the place of milk in your recipe). I serve it over rice instead of mixing the rice in as well. Pretty damn white trash, yet pretty damn tasty...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.