[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey cu/ck/s I have a cold coming on any of you lovely people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: noodle-soup.jpg (2 MB, 3344x2291) Image search: [Google]
noodle-soup.jpg
2 MB, 3344x2291
Hey cu/ck/s I have a cold coming on any of you lovely people have any good soup recipes for when you're feeling under the weather?
>>
>>7585156
Fuck soup. Go get yourself a stupidly spicy takeaway. Either a chicken curry of some sort, or some sort of chinese chicken dish. Just make sure it's spicy and hot, so it clears your sinuses out.
>>
>>7585236
This desu. I eat screaming-hot food when I get sick because it clears out the sinuses and keeps your throat from getting all gunky with phlegm. If you've got your heart set on soup I'd say to spring for a big bowl of pho and dump in as much chili garlic sauce as you can stand in addition to the sliced peppers.
>>
>>7585236
Yeah, five star curry or pho loaded up with jalapenos and sriracha to keep your nose cleared up.
>>
>>7585156
Dump as much cayenne pepper as you can stomach into whatever it is you're eating. Helps a lot with congestion/sore throat.
>>
>>7585236
>>7585245
Ignore these shit dick weebs. And fuck "muh spice". Get a couple of chicken thighs ,carrots potatoes, Boil that shit trow in some salt, toast on the side. We out my nigga
>>
File: 1412793223732.png (640 KB, 533x755) Image search: [Google]
1412793223732.png
640 KB, 533x755
>>7585236
>>7585245
>OP Asks for a soup recipe
>cu/ck/s tell him to get take out

Further proof that none of you faggots even know how to cook or even own a god damned kitchen.
>>
>>7585236
>>7585245
>>7585255
>>7585258
But I just want to cook something warm and hearty that makes my throat feel good, plus I'm weak sauce about spicy food

>>7585236
P.S. Fuck Takeout I want to have a nice homemade meal.
>>
>>7585266
>potatoes, Boil that shit trow in some salt, toast on the side. We
Do I just boil it all together or should I wait for the chicken to make stock before adding the veggies and salt?
>>
>>7585300

You should be boiling it in stock, not in water.

When you add the veggies depend on how large you cut them. You want the veg and the chicken to be done cooking at the same time. The chicken takes about an hour, so time your veggies off that: if you have big chunks then add them with the chicken. Smaller pieces that cook faster can be added later since they cook faster.
>>
>>7585316
Ahh gotcha, I already have some bone-in skin on chicken thighs lying around, I'm assuming I should debone them before cooking or should I just keep them in for flavor? (srry I don't cook soup often so I'm a bit retarded)
>>
>>7585156
Make chicken soup with a variety of veggies, but make sure you add these things

1. garlic (or more than usual)
2. ginger root
3. chunks of lemon grass
4. spicy peppers of your preference

It always makes me feel 1000 times better. I also eat the soup with rice so it can get me fuller without irritating my stomach.
>>
>>7585156
1. wash one whole chicken
2. cover with water completely and bring to boil
3. drain water, wash chicken and pot
4. cover in water add some ginger and green onion and bring to boil again.
5. simmer forever
>>
>>7585332

If it were me I'd leave the bones in: it adds more flavor and it's less work.

But you could debone them if you want to; that would also speed up the cooking time a bit (if you care about that)
>>
>>7585156
The real trick to killing a cold before it starts is to take echinacea.
>>
>>7585354

ew wtf dude
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.