[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know what kind of fruit this is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: FRUIT.jpg (850 KB, 1800x1140) Image search: [Google]
FRUIT.jpg
850 KB, 1800x1140
Does anyone know what kind of fruit this is?
>>
It's a ripe mango
>>
>>7583724
It's a shitty sad mango. It's bruised, but not ripe. Ripe ones have a gradient of red-orange-yellow-green.
>>
yeah a mango that is probably full of maggots and rotting.
>>
>>7583912
>>7583914
May be shitty and sad, but it's not rotting. It's not nearly wilted enough to be. Might not taste the best, but it'd be edible still.
>>
>>7583912
some kind of Mangos stay green even when ripe...
>>
>>7583723
It's a ladybird fruit. If you frighten it it'll spread its wings and fly away.
>>
>>7583912
I believe it is a Haitian mango. They stay green when ripe and the black spots aren't necessarily bad.
>>
>>7583723
it's a mango weevil
>>
File: 1460884791006.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1460884791006.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
says here it's a ripe little mango
>>
It's either a rotten mango or a pawpaw fruit

Either way open that bitch up
>>
File: 1416931749641.jpg (140 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1416931749641.jpg
140 KB, 500x454
>>7583914
>>7583912
>>7584246
You guys realize there are different kinds of mangos right?

Also look at the skin, it looks very firm, it's not that ripe or rotting. I'd probably wait for it to be softer
>>
>>7584331

ive seen a lot of mangos and never seen anything like that. looks like fungus/rot spots.

into the trash it goes. not getting sick for a 50 cent mango
>>
>>7584340
Fungus I'll give you but it's not rot
>>
Sometimes if you smack an apple against something it'll leave a bruise similar to those in OP's pic. I assume that's just a banged-around mango.
>>
>bite a tiny bit of mango once to try it
>spent a whole week looking like a monster
>>
>>7585374
please ....explain....
>>
>>7583912
Yeah, I take it back. I looked up a bunch of different mango varieties today, and some of them you cannot tell ripeness by skin color. Best way is by feel (similar to the feel of a ripe peach) and smell. It still has the bruises of an agricultural abuse victim. Those may only be skin deep, but it's also possible it has been deeply emotionally scarred. I'm sorry I called it shitty. That was shameful victim blaming.
>>
>>7585439
Allergic to mango I would assume.

A friend of mine has a severe allergy to mango as well.
>>
>>7584340
>>7584343
It's most likely Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. As far as I know, it doesn't produce any toxins and isn't going to hurt you, but will spoil the fruit.

It causes mango anthracnose and is costs producers a lot of money and results in lots of fungicide application.

It's also the same fungus that causes those black-orange spots on avocado. The orange droplets are the asexual spores.

It's a pretty cool fungus and often infects the flowers, so it is already in the fruit even before it develops and is brought into your home.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.