[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to eat one big meal per day, or 3 smaller meals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 1453061761423.jpg (16 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1453061761423.jpg
16 KB, 348x342
Is it better to eat one big meal per day, or 3 smaller meals?
>>
>>7580848
What?
>>
>>7580848
I like to eat one big meal.
I have a large appetite (aka fatass) and enjoy feeling full I eat all my food for the day at once.
>>
there's no definitive scientific evidence that either is better. do whatever you want. i prefer multiple meals.
>>
>>7580848
Yes.
>>
>>7580906
Yes what?
>>
>>7580848
Yes. I like taking massive shits.
>>
>>7580848
I get too hungry throughout the day to wait for one big meal every 24 hours

I have enough trouble not snacking between 3 meals a day
>>
>>7580909
That's fucking gross
>>
I eat 1 big and 1 small meal, per day. I find that suits me best.
>>
>>7580848
Food should be consumed in five small meals evenly spaced throughout the day
>>
>>7580908
Yes, it is better to eat one big meal per day, or 3 smaller meals. (Nutritionally, I don't think it matters, beyond what suits your lifestyle.)
>>
>>7580848

This really depends on what your working day is like.

If you maintain an active lifestyle with a lot of physical movement in your job frequent meals are better. A more sedentary lifestyle and you could get by with one large meal and a smaller one later (or vice versa).

In any case, it's best to maintain a healthy diet and what you do eat is more important than when you eat.
>>
Three big meals a day for me!
>>
3 smaller meals
Improves your metabolic rate
Everyone in this thread is a faggot
>>
>>7581165
no it doesn't, you daft nigger.
>>
I eat 2 biggish, yet low fat, meals a day, with no snacking.
>>
>>7581207

Prove to me it doesn't,
Oh wait you cant!
>>
I eat two meals a day with snacking in between them in an 8-hour window. I claim I'm doing Intermittent Fasting when I'm really just too lazy to eat breakfast.
>>
>>7580848
>>7580848
For me it's more like two big meals. I try to eat a good breakfast, and a sizeable dinner, but I just snack on something with high protein + fruit for lunch.
>>
>>7581255
http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/BES/44956?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2014-03-27&utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DailyHeadlines&utm_source=WC&eun=g519307d0r&userid=519307&[email protected]&mu_id=5639857
>>
>>7580848

I eat one big meal per day - it is wholly more satisfying for me to have one large, comfy meal and feel completely satisfied, rather than munching throughout the day and never actually feeling "full."

I feel like when people are committed to their individual meals multiple times a day, they end up losing track of calories or not liking what they eat, really.
>>
I always eat a small, but high-protein breakfast, a very small lunch, and a medium-size dinner. I always have a treat or dessert later in the evening too.

Been the same weight for several years now so I will keep it up.
>>
>>7581255
>>7581439

rekt, fucking faggot

Fatass faggots like you are the ones who blame their weight on the fact that you have a "slow metabolism". You don't, you fatty mcfatfuck. A fast metabolism equates to burning like 200 more calories per day at the most. That's the difference of three small cookies.

Fat fuck.
>>
I've always gone for one big meal. It's a lot easier for me to keep track of calories and control myself that way.
>>
>>7582095

200 extra calories per day equates to almost 21 pounds per year. You better check your high metabolism privilege
>>
>>7580948
The "your body is like a furnace" thing is a meme. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is caloric intake.

>>7581165
Youre a tard
>>
>>7580848
5 medium to large size meals
>>
One small meal a day because I'm a broke motherfucker

I'm so hungry, /ck/...
>>
>>7580848
multiple small snacks throughout the first half or so of your day
>>
>>7581165
"small meals throughout the day improves metabolism" is one of the biggest pseudo-scientific myths of recent years.
>>
>>7580905
One large meal a day will cause your metabolism to slow down.

>>7582228
Stored calories are processed differently than calories that are in the middle of being digested. It's more immediately accessible to your body if it hasn't been converted into fat stores. When you fast for most of the day you become logy and irritable because your blood sugar drops.

So yeah, humans aren't a furnace, we are a complex piece of biological machinery that regulates homeostasis constantly. Yes, you can get by with an exact number of calories in a given day. But if you think that won't effect how you act or feel you are simply wrong.
>>
>>7580848
My chinese medicine doc said that it's better to eat small meals at regular times throughout the day, because it keeps your stomach working or something. I believe everything she says because Chinese culture is old and wise.
>>
>>7580848
>3 meals
More diverse yummies
>1 meal
Not enough different yummies
>>
2 medium ones.
>>
>>7582228
>caloric intake is all that matters
Please let this fucking myth die. For weight loss over a long period of time, yes. For everything else, no.

When you eat all your calories in one meal after 24 hr fasting you get a massive blood sugar spike followed by extreme lows in energy and mood. Due to your fasted state more fat is stored and your stomach will be in intense pain as it tries to deal with so much food. Stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>7582242
At least you're not fat. Too much food is so much worse for your energy and life.
>>
http://www.eufic.org/article/en/expid/review-eating-between-meals-health/
>>
File: 1459712291711.jpg (42 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
1459712291711.jpg
42 KB, 492x492
>>7580848
Is it better to eat one big meal per year, or 365 smaller meals?
>>
>>7584465
>animu on a food and cooking board
>>
File: smooganimugrill.jpg (5 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
smooganimugrill.jpg
5 KB, 196x196
>>7584468
>Complaining about animu in a response but not in the OP
>>
File: iw3ZVdh.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
iw3ZVdh.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>protein rich brekkie
>lunch anything
>protein shake before bed
>>
>>7582316
/thread
>>
>>7582228
>The only thing that matters at the end of the day is caloric intake.

Oh, okay. Confirmed for being a lazy turd.

Anybody that's actually athletic - especially endurance athletes -
knows how shitty it feels to go hypoglycemic during training; and how poorly you'll preform if you're a dumbass about your diet/timing.

Loosing weight by JUST counting calories is just fucking dummmb
>>
>>7584678

that webm is amazing

you can actually see the roughly 4 breaths a second that it needs to basically stay alive

hummingbirds are fucking hardcore dude
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.