[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make cabbage rolls great again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: cabbage rolls.jpg (33 KB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
cabbage rolls.jpg
33 KB, 400x221
How do we make cabbage rolls great again?
>>
>>7579111
you do nothing. they're great already.
>>
>>7579111
>cabbage rolls
Are you trying your first attempt at trolling or do you not know they are called stuffed cabbage?
>>
>>7579111
Vinegar
>>
http://www.cooklikegreeks.com/en/recipes/greek-stuffed-cabbage-leaves-lahanodolmades.html

You're welcome. Serve with feta cheese and sprinkle with smoked paprika
>>
>>7579138
Thank you anon. I'll try this during the week.
>>
Cabbage rolls have always been great, but they won't have common widespread popularity again till some shithead of a popular chef starts promoting his or her "artisinal" or "fusion" cabbage rolls, and essentially ruins them for all of us that have always loved them, while shitlords on Rebbit, Tumblr, and Instagram flood everyone with their own shit tier fucked up take on them.
tl;dr be careful what you wish for.
>>
Soured cabbage
>>
>>7579111
>>7579138
Sarma? NOTHING, just try some different regional recipes, but yea, eat them hot and slam some greek yogurt ontop or eat feta with them, either goes well.
>>
>>7579111
BUILD BIG WALL :Pp

XD
>>
>>7579161
I took my moms recipe and instead of cooking them in a pot, modified it to make in a pressure cooker, the cabbage was so soft, its flavor oozed deep into the rice and beef.
>>
>>7579176
I'm not sure why you'd want the cabbage that soft?
>>
>>7579187
True, but if you lift them out the pot carefully they don't crumble apart.
>>
>>7579176
Pls share recipe
>>
>>7579111
Just googled a recipe....been a long time since I've had any...

Not sure I've stumbled over the right spice profiles, seeing some utter crap recipes out there. Emeril cajunized it? No thanks. Saw an interesting ukranian one, and greek...but I haven't seen anything that spices the meat at all. What is traditaional? These can't be right. I vaguely recollect some aromatic spices.
>>
>>7579167
or kimchi
>>
>>7579220
>http://www.cooklikegreeks.com/en/recipes/greek-stuffed-cabbage-leaves-lahanodolmades.html

This one adds salt, pepper, parsley and dill to the meat. You could maybe try a little nutmeg or allspice perhaps? Not cumin though. Idk
>>
>>7579258
I always add some fresh crushed allspice berries to my cabbage roll filling. It really rounds out the flavor profile. You don't need a lot, just 3 or 4 berries.
>>
>>7579270
>cabbage roll
Are you mental slow pokes doing this on purpose?
>>
>>7579274
they're called cabbage rolls, asshole
>>
>>7579290
It is called Stuffed Cabbage everywhere on Earth, including the place where it originated.
>>
>>7579307
>the place where it originated.
Which is?
>>
>>7579331
Japan.
>>
>>7579339
Stuff-u Cabbage-u
>>
File: NtpNDx.gif (1 MB, 320x149) Image search: [Google]
NtpNDx.gif
1 MB, 320x149
>>7579230
>>
>>7579307
>>7579307
nah. I'm in missouri. every restaurant that has them here and all my family members call them cabbage rolls. and you calling someone stupid for that is ridiculous because it makes just as much sense if not more and means the same thing. so shut the fuck up faggot.
>muh tradition
>>
My mommy makes good stuffed cabbage
>>
>>7579339
japan???? kek
>>
>>7579457
Believe it or not, we call them 'kaalikääryle', which roughly translates to 'cabbage roll'. Mind blown. Words are arbitrary.
>>
File: IMG_1975.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1975.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7579220
>>7579258
>>7579270
I always add a cup of plain oatmeal and a sprinkle of brown sugar. It's like a beer hall putsch in your mouth. Absolutely glorious.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.