[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a dick move to load up your togo plate with nothing but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: o.jpg (131 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
131 KB, 1000x750
Is it a dick move to load up your togo plate with nothing but proteins to get you monies worth and just eat you chinese msg with home made steamed rice?
>>
Is "togo" some regional Chinese buffet restaurant that allows you to take home a doggy bag?
>>
File: neet master golfer.jpg (405 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
neet master golfer.jpg
405 KB, 640x426
>>7578700
No you fool it's a West African country near Burkina Faso
>>
>>7578694
It's never really been an option around here. You either get the buffet (where you totally can just not eat the rice), or you order specific things to go.
>>
>>7578694
No. Pretty sure the price they set (whether it's by pound or per plate) accounts for people trying to "get their money's worth" by loading up on the most expensive stuff only.
>>
>>7578705
We have chinese buffet style restaurants that have to go plates where you can just load it with whatever they have available on the buffet. I thought this shit was standard practice in ever weestern chinese restaurant.
>>
>>7578708

I noticed that too. I guess a lot of these chinese buffets are catching up. Although, we still have a few out here that lets you load up your plate for $9. Granted, most of the shit they have at these buffets are relegated to beef and chicken - hardly any pork or seafood.
>>
>>7578705
Not OP, but nearly every buffet in my area has scales for to go orders, where diners are given to go boxes, go to the buffet and load them up, and are charged by the weight of their boxes on their way out. The better buffets around here don't offer AYCE at all, selling food by weight only.
>>
>>7578694
No way. Even if you skip the cheap stuff, you're never really going to get your money's worth.
>>
>Go to salad bar
>$4.99/lb
>put nothing but cooked bacon + feta in container
>profit
>>
>>7578836
there's nothing like a bacon and feta salad.
>>
>>7578694
The one I go to in Philly has a 2 tier system
>Extra money
3/4 or more box of crab legs
3/4 or more box of meat only
Over a certain weight

>Free with buffet
Everything else

You're only allowed one box per person
>>
Everytime i eat chinese, i always get this weird coating on my teeth. It's like the oxalic acid that stays after you eat spinach.
>>
>>7578718
This is normal. These people are fucking fools
>>
>>7578859
Flaming or Ruby?
>>
The place near me has all-you-can-eat Alaskan King Crab legs for $16.99. A to-go order is $10.99 but they have this net bag like what oranges come in and you can really stuff it full.
>>
Of course not. You're paying for a buffet, specifically so you can pick and choose what you like.

That said, it would be horrible fucking manners to HOG a particular food. Like at the Asian buffets out here, where the Russians and Ukrainians literally hover over the snow crab steam tray and take all of every batch, and will actually shove other people away, including each other, to take it all.
I've seen a table of 9 Russians (with at least 4 generations) physically fight each other for fucking crab legs. That was exactly the last time I ever went to an Asian buffet.
>>
>>7578700
There's actually a chain of restaurants out here called "Togo's", but it's a sandwich place. Pretty good too, but Mr. Pickles and Beach Hut Deli are better.
>>
>>7578694

why is there ham in that fried rice?
>>
>>7578887
I am so naïve. I just realized that episode of the Simpsons where Homer made a specialty drink called, The Flaming Homer was a jab at homosexuals. Flaming homos.
>>
>getting a to go bag

just get a seat the place out 5 times over for like half the price
>>
>>7578694
I always do that when I want chinese food, breh. Cuts down on grease, saves money, you can eat in your underwear, don't have to pay for drinks or tip(well, you can for the cashier/hostess, but's it's not a dick move not to i think).
>>
>>7578694
No. Get what you want. If they have a rule or price system to reflect costs of certain things, then fine, follow their rules. It's still a finite volume or weight. This is different from a buffet where people intentionally sit there for 8 hours to eat 5 meals, which is an unrealistic expectation. No restaurant can afford to let someone hang out all day.
>>
>>7578694

>ham in the rice
>chinese

yeah.. right
>>
>>7578730
>The better buffets around here don't offer AYCE at all, selling food by weight only.
>buffets
>don't offer AYCE
They're not buffets then.
>>
>>7580431
>i don't know what the word 'buffet' means, but here: let me throw in my two cents
Keep your pennies, friend. You'll need them more than we do.
>>
>>7580456
It's ok anon, you can have them, will help you pay those mandatory tips.
>>
>>7580473
>i am unable to refute the point made, so i'll unrelatedly shitpost about tipping instead!
Good for you. :-)
>>
File: 4768681697_077a6cc116_b.jpg (262 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
4768681697_077a6cc116_b.jpg
262 KB, 1024x708
>>7580494
Want to talk some more about obscure definitions of words that no one uses normally just so you can feel that warm glow of winning a debate on the internet?

It's ok if you do, it's all the same to me one way or another.
>>
>>7579144
>>7579978
Ham fried rice is very popular. Really, really popular in HK especially and with overseas Cantos. I forget the Canto word for ham, though. 'Huotui,' I think. I am not sure.
But look it up. I am think if you look up huotui chao fun, there will find mentions of it. It can be made with European and Chinese hams either or both. Most popular are ham and tomato fried rice and ham and egg fried rice. Both are very delicious.
>>
>>7580531
>correct definitions are obscure because i am too stupid to know them
>>
>>7580536
>I forget the Canto word for ham, though. 'Huotui,' I think.
Close enough, 火腿, fo2 töü2.
>>
>>7580541
>I'm a flaming fedora tipper boosting my ego by arguing about obscure shit no one cares about, please rape my face with a sous vide horsecock
>>
>>7580555
Still can't refute that point, huh?
>>
>>7580555
Innocent bystander here.
It was you that tried to piss on another anon by hitting him on the head with your complete misconception. Please be thankfull that someone tried to educate you, and contain your autism.
>muh ignorance
>>
>>7580585
Did I ask your opinion fucking fag?
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>7580591
>military grade buthurt
The levels of autism on this board is embarassing.
>>
>>7580581
There is no point to refute. Cherrypicking and arguing about an obscure and unused definition of a word is not having a point, it's being the definition of a grinning fedora-tipping faggot.

>>7580585
I made a courteous point, and then I was attacked for it with his smug passive-aggressive comment about pennies. Nothing to be thankful for, and also he's wrong.

Also just so you know >>7580591 wasn't me. I can only assume it's our fedora friend being so pathetic that he has to resort to false-flagging now.
>>
>>7580610
>n-no I swaaare I didn't do it, it has to be the guy I conveniently am arguing with!!

Yep, we all believe you, don't we?
>>
File: IDTIMWYTIM.jpg (5 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
IDTIMWYTIM.jpg
5 KB, 241x209
>>7580610
>no point to refute
Except how pic related relates to the word 'buffet.'
Also, you're coming across as awfully angry, Anon.
>>
>>7580610
>an obscure and unused definition
>implying buffet = ayce in common parlance
No. You didn't 'make a point' - you were fucking wrong. Doubly buthurt for having been wrong when trying to look smart, but deal with it.
You're anonymous. Just pretend it wasn't you if a qt grill asks.
>>
>>7580633
Your samefagging is awfully transparent, but go ahead, keep digging that hole deeper for yourself.
>>
>>7580536
yup. common on taiwan too. and hawaii. and jamaica. basically anywhere chinese people have exerted culinary influence.
>>
>>7580640
>>implying buffet = ayce in common parlance
Now, now. I'm sure it is in his part of the trailer park.
>>
>>7580654
God damn you're butthurt as fuck.

I'm the guy that was pretending to be you for shits, but jesus christ, you're wrong, man, stop trying to save it.
>>
>>7580667
buffet is just a serving style
like banquet or drive-thru

AYCE is a menu option
>>
File: analyannihilated.jpg (58 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
analyannihilated.jpg
58 KB, 720x400
>>7580667
>this posturing
>not knowing what to do when foot in piano
I'll go down to my non-buffet mongolian BBQ AYCE fry-up tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.
>>
>>7578877
>This is normal

I have never seen this shit in my entire life.
>>
>>7579124
You're at a buffet, what do you expect?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.