[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever cook a roast with dry beans together, where the drippings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 8137946.jpg (21 KB, 331x249) Image search: [Google]
8137946.jpg
21 KB, 331x249
Anyone ever cook a roast with dry beans together, where the drippings end up absorbed in the beans?

Have a local chuck roast & oodles of dry beans.

Give me your best, /ck/, thanks.
>>
Sure.

Google "chili".
>>
>>7578472
So you don't even know what a roast is? Welcome to the world of cooking. You are going to learn so many wonderful things.
>>
>>7578467
No, no one has ever cooked meat and beans together in the history of cooking.
>>
>>7578477

A roast is a generic term for various cuts of beef around the same size.

If OP was suggesting he could roast a hunk of meat and have dried beans cook in the drippings he's retarded, as are you.

I was assuming he was asking if you could braise it or something, but chili or red beans and rice are established dishes that do exactly what he wanted.

>welcome to the world of cooking

I got out of that world a few years ago and have no plans of going back.
>>
>>7578484
it will be interesting to see the result, if anyone survives
>>
>>7578467
Fuck, guys & gals.

This isn't part of my growing up. We didn't eat food like this. I'm just looking for guidance.

Mockery, screw that. Unless it really makes you big, not just feel big.

Tips or recipes, then thanks.
>>
cassoulet.
>>
>>7578488
You anally destroyed that guy, nicely done
>>
>>7579085

thank you
>>
>>7578488
Wrong.

Except for the part where the beans wouldn't cook. That's correct.
>>
>>7578639
I am actually tumescent, thank you for noticing.
>>
>>7578467
You can't cook dry beans like that, you'll want to partially hydrate them at least. Generally when people cook beans and meat together they stew it. What I would do is saute some garlic/onions/herbs with the beans, add some liquid (chicken stock/wine) and plonk the (seared) chuck roast on top and roast the whole thing for a couple hours.
>>
>>7578488

He said "cook a roast", not cook roast

He meant " he could roast a hunk of meat and have dried beans cook in the drippings".
>>
>>7578467
no op, you cant do that. you have to partially hydrate your beans first, there wont be enough liquid in a roast for the beans
>>
>>7579971
Depending on the cut homefrie, a fatty shoulder and neck combo has a fair bit of juice going, especially if cooked in a dutch oven.
>>
>>7580056

The amount of juice isn't the problem, it's the cooking time. Plus, it takes time for the juices to be rendered out from the meat. During the time when the beans are in the oven but there isn't any juice yet you'll just be drying out the beans even worse than they already are.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.