[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your go to salad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Broccoli-Salad-8-1024x682.jpg (169 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Broccoli-Salad-8-1024x682.jpg
169 KB, 1024x682
What is your go to salad?
>>
>>7577655

beef
>>
>>7577655
beef
>>
>>7577655
tuna
>>
>>7577655
Larb
>>
Green salad, olive oil and balsamico (at most add
some tomatoes)
Simple is best.
>>
Iceberg smothered in shredded mozzarella and Italian dressing.
>>
>>7577655

shredded iceberg, small tomato chunks, thinly sliced onion and a dressing of lemon juice n pomegranate syrup.

shredded pointed cabbage, sticks of carrot, sticks of daikon, thinly sliced spring onion with a dressing of soy sauce, mirin, fish sauce, lime, palm sugar, rice vinegar, toasted sesame seed oil and vegetable oil, 50/50. topped off with roasted sesame.

radiccio salad, chunked filet of blood orange, red and yellow cherry tomatoes with a dressing of orange juice, salt, white sugar, red balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.

>>7577675
>>7577676
>>7577679
>>7577681

plebeians

>>7577680

agreed. took me like six years to perfect my olive oil/balsamic dressing, but it's usually the go-to.
>>
>>7577680
I use Romaine and add cucumbers, sweet peppers, tomatoes and green olives which I eat every day. Still not entirely satisfied with my balsamic vinaigrette though.
>>
File: 1444600754364.jpg (111 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1444600754364.jpg
111 KB, 612x612
mixed greens (never iceberg lettuce, it's shit)
roasted almonds
sliced fuji apples
grilled chicken
roasted garlic (usually 3 smashed cloves for the whole thing)
shredded parmesan
balsamic vinegar (with black pepper and red pepper flakes allowed to sit in it overnight)

and it kicks the shit our of every single store/restaurant salad Ive ever had
>>
>>7577787
>Still not entirely satisfied with my balsamic vinaigrette though.
What is your ratio? I see 1:3 vinegar to oil all the time. But I prefer 1:1 and using less of it. I also add things like mustard, shallots and fresh herbs. Balsamic is kind of boring to me though. I have some good balsamic that is the consistency of syrup and it's delicious on some things, but the kind of balsamic you use in a salad dressing isn't usually very interesting. I like lemon juice/red wine vinegar/champagne vinegar/rice wine vinegar a lot more than balsamic.
>>
>>7577655
Cole slaw with cilantro-lime

Angel hair shredded cabbage or savoy cabbage
Dressing made with mayo, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, minced sweet onion, black pepper, salt.
Toss to combine about 1hr before serving. Chill Depending on my main dish (like steak vs BBQ pork), I might also shred in a little jalapeno, or use a different onion or vinegar. Sometimes I add kale for even more green color.
>>
couscous
feta
2-3 out of {paprika, cucumber, chicken, tomatoes}

OP pic looks great even though those are not even remotely my favorite veggies
>>
>>7577839
I use 1:1 I think it's more the quality of the balsamic I use, but my options are pretty limited where I live. Don't like sweet vinaigrettes, but rice wine sounds interesting.
>>
>>7577840

sounds amazing

>>7577845

how is that a fucking salad
>>
To my boring go-to salad I usually add:
radish
cucumber
celery
peanuts
hard boiled egg
breaded chicken breast, baked
salt
pepper

and a fried mixture of:
mushrooms, carrots, onion, tomato

I toss and add a Parmesan vinaigrette.
>>
>>7577655
Ham steak, baked and cubed
Cube Steak, breaded and fried, sliced
McNuggets, halved
barbecue sauce
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.