[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to use a hacksaw through a lamb? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Have you ever had to use a hacksaw through a lamb? It's kinda liberating for some odd reason....
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>7576943
>>
>>7576943
I know I'm moderately white trash, but we had a designated hacksaw for butchering deer and goat.
>>
>>7576943
Do you even feel like eating once you've butchered the animal?
>>
>>7576943
jesus, whats wrong with its legs? is that discoloration normal?
>>
>>7577029
Pretty typical with lamb. It's a very lean meat.
>>
>>7577029
>whats wrong with its legs?
Nothing

>>is that discoloration normal?
Yes. Some muscles appear darker or lighter than others depending on how hard-working they are, as well as how much fat, membrane, or connective tissue may be covering them.
>>
>>7576943
>>7576948
vegans BTFO
>>
>>7576943
Lamb? No. I've never butchered a whole lamb before. But I have done so on deer and wild hogs. First time I used a normal hacksaw then I got a proper butcher's saw.
>>
>>7577039
OP here, I was vegan for about a year due to dating one. It was hell. I never felt so sick in my life. Screw being vegan.
>>
>>7576943
I used to break down whole animals when I worked in restaurants. It truly is a great feeling.
It's a bit of manliness, psychosis, & getting in touch with the origin of your food.
Goats & lamb were ok, pigs were interesting but greasy. Fish was my favorite, especially tuna. We'd get in whole Tunas worth a couple grand, absolutely beautiful creatures, a real apex predator & you could tell it was just by seeing the skin, the shape & muscle of it.
The skin like snake leather & a knife goes through the meat like soft butter. It was humbling to work with such a magnificent animal
>>
Any tips for someone looking to learn a bit about butchery? I've got some chickens that'll probably stop laying soon, and I've been thinking of getting a pig or two next year (probably tamworth or berkshire) but I want to be knowledgeable before I go through the trouble of buying them.
>>
>>7576943
Hacksaw?

I don't agree with using a hacksaw to cut meat as it leaves uneven edges and bone shards.

Get yourself one of these and you're set.
>>
>>7577161
Chickens are easy to butcher, just youtube a tutorial
Pigs are a little more tricky but since it much bigger animal it gives you more room to worth with
>>
>>7577216
OP here, I had to cut through the spine and major hip bone. A saw was required. I know that you can disassemble an animal with a simple de-boning knife if you are skilled enough. Sadly through the harder bones I had to saw it....
>>
>>7577161
Yeah, I can fabricate a proper chicken in about 39 seconds. Just know where the joints are and have a sharp knife. Plucking can be a bit of a different endeavor, but there are plenty of YouTube videos on it.
>>
>>7576943
>>7576959
I cut all meat from the bone, with a knife, and the bones are used to make stock then to feed the dogs. I also don't like risking bone chips, rare, but they do occur.

>>7576965
You eat a couple of hours before.

>grandmother would keep a hot skillet next to the table to fry up choice venison pieces as she butchered
>>
>>7577258
OP here, I mostly use the saw for sausage (I give it a good lookthrough to avoid chips) and I leave the rack for chops.
>>
>>7576943
yes
we do it every eyar, i live in Libya.
>>
>>7576965
yeah
fresh liver that just cameout of a sheep is great
>>
>>7577281
>I mostly use the saw for sausage

I don't get it. Don't you normally use the saw when you are making bone-in steaks and for sausage you cut the meat from the bone? Or are you using the saw to cut the meat from the bone or something?
>>
>>7577310
Mainly I use it to go through the spine.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 488x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 488x228
>>7577335
>>
File: 1328209291741.gif (90 KB, 1329x1269) Image search: [Google]
1328209291741.gif
90 KB, 1329x1269
>>7577363
That got me. This shit is why I'd rather trawl ck, an, tg for laughs, than any YLYL thread on /b/, or /wsg/.

Have a butchery related infographic.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.