[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /ck/, now im not from around here so sorry if im doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0389.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0389.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
hello /ck/, now im not from around here so sorry if im doing some newfag mistake but i have a question about pic related

namely, what the fuck are these.

i bought 2 of them yesterday for a pasta dish because i wanted some more veggies in it,
i thought this was a cute little paparika.

so i sliced one of them up and decided to try it, before blindly using both in the dish (just a small bowl of pasta for myself)

I ate the most tender slice i could cut, and it immediately fucking set my mouth on fire, parts of my lip looked like i had genuinely been burnt.
anyways, all of that is good and fine, i realized its a spicy thing and decided to just put one in instead of both.

heres where it gets weird though,
after i realized it was spicy i specifically washed my hands twice after cutting it, and definitely did not touch my eyes.
slowly and surely though i started to feel a searing burn under my upper eyelids that stayed for like 2 hours, i thought my eyes were going to fucking dry out.

why the fuck did this happen?
and what the fuck is this little fucker called so i can eat with precaution in future

the pasta was p dope though
>>
>>7573490
>2.5 MB
>>
>>7573490
It looks to me like a Satans Kiss chilli (as we call it in Bongland) . . .I think it's from Italy and has another name though!
>>
>>7573490 (OP) #
that's a habanero anon

chili oils don't rub off well with water use some rubbing alcohol next time
>>
>>7573521
>>7573515
i see thanks you guys

i heard about the habanero but i thought it only existed in south america.
how in the fuck was it so cheap here in germany? i got two of these and an onion yesterday for 17 euro cents

also my asshole wept this morning
>>
>>7573536
>how in the fuck was it so cheap here in germany?
Because they're shelf-stable, light, and potent for their size, and thus easy to transport. They retain their potency even when dried, so you don't have to rush them to market like e.g. fruit or most veggies.
>>
>>7573540
i see very cool, thanks
>>
>>7573536
>i thought it only existed in south america.

<facepalm.png>

Actually there are lots of professional chili growers in Holland and a few in Germany too. You know it's grown in the cold when you start with a small slice of Habanero and then end up with the whole damn thing on a single burger :p
>>
>>7573536
>i heard about the habanero but i thought it only existed in south america.

haha

thankfully not, i got my ex to eat one of these without knowing
>>
>>7573566
>i got my ex to eat one of these without knowing
why would you do such a shitty thing?
>>
>>7573572

it was before my ex was my ex, actually.

me and a mututal friend took a trip to the grocery store and picked up a habanero with the intention to lay a prank.

anyway, ex deserved it, if not more. trust me.
>>
>>7573490
You pussy, such a tiny fruit.

Eat it. Eat both, don't let such a small fruit overpower you.
>>
I think it's so interesting how habanero is like death to almost everyone but us Mexicans don't. My uncle literally eats them like grapes.

Not talking shit just saying :)
>>
>>7573994

The Habanero is my favorite pepper as it offers the perfect balance of heat to flavor for me.

I don't enjoy them raw, but I toss one or two into pretty much everything I cook.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.