[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when i bake chicken breast they always turn out tough and rubbery.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2R6rhqB.jpg (398 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
2R6rhqB.jpg
398 KB, 900x1200
when i bake chicken breast they always turn out tough and rubbery. how do i cook it so it's nice and tender?

>pic unrelated
>>
400 for 14 minutes.
>>
Butter pan, medium high heat, butterfly chicken, add whatever spices, 4 minutes each side, covered.
>>
>>7572205
Wow really? I've been doing 375 for 20 minutes.

>>7572210
I'll try this.
>>
>>7572201
Stop overcooking it.
Try using split breasts. The skin and bone help keep the breast moist.

You could also try brining the breasts before cooking them.
>>
>>7572216
If I want to marinade also, do I brine before that?
>>
>2016
>not marinating and searing your chicken tits before throwing them into the oven
a little vinegar or citrus juice will do wonders for proteins anon
>>
>>7572263
What type of vinegar should I use?

I'm new to this, I bake a lot but cooking meat is out of my league.
>>
>>7572201
Sous Vide is only way i will cook chicken breast
>>
Get a probe thermometer so you know when they are done cooking.
>>
>>7572270
Using a Greek dressing with balsamic vinaigrette as a marinade and letting it rest overnight in the fridge before cooking makes the meat moist and tender.
>>
>>7572281
shut. the. fuck. up.
>>
>>7572201

Anywhere from 375 to 400 is fine.

The best way to get the kind of results you want is to use a thermometer and pull it when you get the temp you want, which should be about 165 in the breast.

Another option to try is to inject it with a liquid, like spiced apple juice, or any of the BBQ injections, as this will help keep it from getting to dry if you cook it too long.
>>
>>7572216
>Stop overcooking it.

this is all you need to do.

>>7572220
Marinade and brine are redundant. If you're marinading then skip the brine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.