[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique my Experimental Dinner/recipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: svchk2.jpg (706 KB, 1753x986) Image search: [Google]
svchk2.jpg
706 KB, 1753x986
Cajun Dry Rub Chicken over Agave/Sorghum Turnip Root and Black Rice

1Lb Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Black Rice
1 Turnip Root
1 Onion
1 TB Sorghum
1 TB Agave
3 TB Cajun Dry Rub
2 TB Butter
1 Cup of Water + Chicken Stock Cube
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Cover Chick in Rub
Sous Vide 1 hour @ 142F
Sear on High in pan 1 min per side
Boil water+stock, add rice and butter. Simmer for 25 min
Saute Diced Turnip and Onion with Agave and Sorghum
S/P all to Taste
>>
I can't eat Sorghum any more, and the cajun rub looks a little light, but nice presentation and solid concept. Might order at a restaurant if I was in the mood for something light and healthy.
>>
>>7572079
how does the black rice taste OP? is it sweet like agave? I dont see that complimenting cajun style chicken. What was the brand of this "Cajun rub". Im from south louisiana and I better have heard of it.
>>
>>7572477
The black rice surprisingly tasted very close to white rice with being a little more "earthy"

Oh yes, very sweet

It ended up complimenting surprisingly well

The rub was a homemade blend I've been making for years
>>
>>7572506
that's cool. im sure it tasted great. I just wouldnt use the word "cajun" if youre gonna serve it over agave-flavored rice.

also, heads up OP, I would never order that bullshit but im sure fancy people who pay 40 bucks a plate for tiny amounts of food would eat it up
>>
>>7572629
I can see that, but I pretty much only cook experimental/fusion food (often miss opposed to hit)

I'd order it, but wouldn't pay a lot for it. Each serving was about 2 bucks
>>
>>7572079

so where is the rest of the meal? i just see like 3 bites there.

don't understand the agave i wouldn't use it and if it was actually a dinner sized portion it might be a nice meal
>>
>>7572902
>so where is the rest of the meal?

It's a meal designed for people who aren't obese gluttons. This came out to about 750 calories. Would be served with a soup or salad before and maybe an appetizer and beverage that isn't water. That is well over 1000 calories for a meal.
>>
>>7572911

>not for obese gluttons
>pours agave all over it

take the useless agave out and give me some more chicken damnit
>>
>>7572914
>pours agave all over it

1/3 Tb per serving = pour

I do get the more chicken prefernece though
>>
Sounds good anon.
>>
>>7572079
Despite the memes from Americans, British chefs are among the most respected in the world and our diverse palates are as a results of centuries of worldly influence. That out of the way, I will commence.

Critique begins:
Good construction and well presented, although it does look a tad lonely on that plate, maybe an artistic placement of jus or garnish will fill the empty space?

Simple ingredients and simple cooking methods are admirable.

I would expect to pay no more than around 7-8 US$ as is.

A few questions:
Turnips can be ambiguous; In Britain Turnips are white fleshed as opposed to the slightly larger Yellow/orange fleshed Swede . . .please clarify.

Agave and Sorghum - I am unfamiliar with these, no doubt they add something to the dish but what?? . . . .could you try and give a brief synopsis of their flavours and characteristics?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.