[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To people who don't drink soda or alcohol, what do you drink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
To people who don't drink soda or alcohol, what do you drink?

I want to give up soda but drinking water with everything is awful so far.

Sorry for being born an Amerifat.
>>
Water

Milk

Juice

Smoothies
>>
>>7571368
If you're too much of a baby to handle drinking water, then unsweetened tea is also acceptable.
>>
I've picked up drinking flavored seltzer water in place of my afternoon beer.

Somewhere along the line, I realized that I was enjoying the carbonation of beer and soda enough that using it on water was enough to let me enjoy it.
>>
milk?
tea (regular/green/iced)?
watered down fruit juice?

I drink alcohol and to a much less extent soda, but there are a few alternatives
>>
Sugar-free lemonade.

I mean, I guess that's soda, but whatever.
>>
I drink seltzer with a splash of fruit juice with meals. It's very refreshing. I mostly drink water and coffee, but something a little fruity/carbonated is nice with a meal.
>>
>>7571368
If you want flavored water, they sell these small bottles or powder packs that have zero sugar, carbs, etc. One brand is Mio which is a little bottle of liquid flavor.
I've gone to an all water diet for a few years, but I like the "taste" (more of a texture/temperature mouth feel) of cold clear water. I'll have a diet soda or juice every blue moon, but your body feels so much better once you pass the threshold of getting all that other crap out of your system.
>>
>>7571368

Sparkling/fizzy water
>>
fix your life so you dont have to be a fucking bulimic to cope
>>
water sometimes orange and apple juices.
>>
>>7571368
Water

Wean yourself off soda with carbonated water
>>
fizzy water with flavoring, specifically not the sugary stuff or the shit with aspartame (just my opinion, it tastes terrible). just the light flavor to it, otherwise idk, tap water tastes delicious here in victoria canada, I feel bad for people in the US with shit tasting tap water.
>>
Iced tea (unsweetened)
Sparkling water
If you absolutely need something "sweet" to satiate your cravings then try sugar free vitamin water or diet soda (sparingly). Splenda/aspartame isn't perfect but it's better than drinking 45g of sugar per glass of soda.
If you're at a restaurant or something there's nothing wrong with having a beer or glass of wine with lunch or dinner as long as you maintain some sort of self control. As long as you avoid high ABV beer it really doesn't have that many calories.
>>
Thats fucked. Water is so delicious when youre hot, while eating a salty meal, in the middle of the night, when you wake up. I dont get how people dont drink water. You must be underaged
>>
I make my own healthy lemonade syrup, and mix it with carbonated water. This shit really helped me kick my brand soda addiction.
>>
get into tea

lemon, pear, ginger, blackberry,etc.

even fruit juices are terrible for you these days.
>>
>>7571368

tea (usually just normal black sweet tea on ice, occasional hipster shit warm)
water
coffee

i might drink soda once a month tops and there aren't many that i even enjoy/would want to drink
>>
The fact that Americans don't like water makes me furious and disgusted. Country of obese man children. It's cringeworthy to say the least. I hope cancer to every single one of you.
>>
File: 1412412140900.jpg (33 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1412412140900.jpg
33 KB, 324x291
>>7571583
Excellent generalization and projection, would laugh at your inane posts any time.
>>
>>7571598
>projection
Nice buzzword you got there. Would you like me to explain it for you?
>>
>>7571583
>I hope cancer to every single one of you.

What about those of us who are American yet drink water for every meal?
>>
>>7571615
Do you drink it with a straw or from a mason jar?
>>
>>7571604
Excellent shitpost as well! You're doing alright newfriend
>>
Tea and water, it has been so long that at this point sugary drinks feel like having a mild panic attack.
>>
Water, black coffee. Coffee with 1%fat milk, lots of tea
Sometimes a low cal caffeine drink before workout if I'm eating after.
You stick with it and then it's not too bad. Always have water near you then you drink and don't think about getting up and getting it then having the choice of soda or drinking pints of milk.
>>
>>7571389

This is it for me. I don't really have the sweet tooth anymore anyways. I've been trying to use only filter non-fluoride non-chlorinated water so I haven't had a good seltzer in weeks, will go have one now.

I'd like to make my own someday, maybe lemon or lime juice I squeeze myself, then a sodas treat machine to add carbonation. It's really all about the citrus acid and bubbles for me.

OP you really ought to question why you still do sweets, it's not natural to crave past childhood, I think you might find quitting very easy with only 2 weeks of being off the sugar.
>>
coffee and tea basically
snapple makes a fine bottled tea product.
also bubble tea shops can be really good if they do it right
>>
>>7571627

Fat I don't mind. I either have coffee black or with heavy whipping cream, fatty top cream is glorious.
>>
File: 6285531_f260.jpg (15 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
6285531_f260.jpg
15 KB, 260x195
why not alcohol?

i mean not as a replacement for soda or water obviously but

anyway pic related is really good, only 24 calories, non-carbonated and actually pretty good for you. B-vitamins and shit. even a small amount of potassium. not exactly the most economical option, but worth it on my end anyway.

also, coconut water.
>>
>>7571368
Went on keto recently. Previously, I had been drinking only soda and iced tea. No water at all, and I couldn't stand it.
Started to force myself to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day. It's difficult at first (especially ordering water at restaurants), but I'm actually starting to prefer it now, and feel a lot better too.
I have coffee with a little cream every now and then, and very rarely I'll have a diet (no sugar/carbs) ginger ale. Or i'll add lime or lemon to spice the water up some.
good luck op
>>
Just pour coffee into a glass filled with ice.

Drink that.
>>
>>7571368
Dude its easy to stop drinking soda its been 4 months since i had soda the first week i started with a sparking juice called the switch and after that week stopped and started drinking my own juice and went to water
>>
>>7571505
Not unless you make them yourself
>>
>>7571583
Yet most Americans drink 8-10 glasses of water a day...
>>
Mostly milk. Feels good to live near farms.
>>
>>7571368
Just do what us Europeans do and drink 100% pure human semen.
>>
>>7571763

There's a semen shortage in Europe right now. The demand in Australia is just too high.
>>
eat mote fruits. they have water. one feels thirsty simply cause the food one eats has no water so the body need to compensate.
>>
>>7571368
Getting rid of your sugar addiction takes time. Give it more time and you'll forget about soda's quick enough.
>>
>>7571368
>drinking water with everything is awful so far.
jesus. this reminds me.
I worked with a fat grill who used to say "water tastes bad" and would only drink soda, juice, lattes and alcohol.
She would call me disgusting when I drank iced coffee with nothing added to it.
>How can you drink that without sugar, or cream??
She'd order large caramel lattes and add sugar to it.
>>
>>7571368
i completely run out of money last week with a few days left until getting more, i had plenty of food but nothing to drink vexcept water, im a soda addict and was going crazy until i tryed that capuccino mix my mom bought me for when she visits me, i tryed a big mug with plenty of sugar and it calmed me down. I realised i can go through a day with just water and 3 cups of it with no discomfort, i have money again now so im back to soda tho
>>
>>7571912
Are you overweight?
No bully, just curious.
>>
>>7571898

most water does taste like shit...

bottled water in plastic is just godawful and tap water tastes like shit

filtered water is nice though and for some reason water fountain water is always great (guess its just a mental thing and when i was younger drinking it)

but yeah i would rather be thirsty than sit down with a big glass of tap water or bottled water
>>
>>7571583
well, thing is you get conditioned to expect more than just water. If every time you consume water you also consume sugar you never crave water again you just crave sugar when you need to drink something
>>
>>7571917
im the motherfucking goku of overweight, im overweight phase 3
last time i managed to loose weight was 5 years ago
>>
>>7571912

gross as fuck. literally putting sugar into your sugar.

those mixes are like 100 calories per tablespoon and sugar is 50 calories per table spoon. guarantee you had more sugar/calories from those 3x mixes than from soda
>>
>>7571368
I drink carbonated water all the time at work since we have it on tap at the office, goes really nice together with an espresso. At home I just drink regular water. I used to drink soda all the time until about 2 years ago.
>>
Water, milk, tea, coffee.

I do drink red wine occasionally, though.
>>
>>7571928
You can change it bro. I did. Down 32kg never give in.
>>
>>7571928
Well, in 2008 I was a 260 lb fatty mcfat.
In May I completely stopped drinking soda and by that time next year I was 190. I didn't really change anything else in my diet, I just kept track of my calories.

Quit drinking soda man.
>>
>>7571922
Where the hell do you live?
Mexico?
>>
>>7571930
package says 53 calories per serving with one serving being 4 spoons, i added about 6 spoons and two sugar spoons meaning each cup had about 170 calories wich is about your regular coke bottle
yeah, its not much of an improvement but i wasnt trying to do better tho just trying to calm my sugar cravings until soda money rolled in
>>
>>7571942
>>7571944
the last 5 years really fucked me pretty bad tho i lost my job, was kicked out of my parents home and even tryed to off myself.
If i sticked to it back then i could have done it, i managed to go from 148 k to 120 which is the healtyest i have ever been since i was 12 years old, last time i weigeted myself i was 180 and im even fatter now, doctor told me i need a surgery or i will never loose weight, i dont want a surgery so i kept pushing back the appointments because each time it got close i kept having nightmares and stressing over it
>>
>>7571368
I drink iced tea (with sugar) with meals, usually one glass only. I drink soda (usually Coke) when I go out to eat at a restaurant.

Besides that, I drink water throughout the day, and usually keep two big cups of it near me whenever possible (or bottles, if I'm at work). End result is I drink plenty of water, but still get the benefit of flavor when it comes to meals or dining out. Keeps the sugary drinks to a minimum.

Sometimes I get a bottle of a fruit juice as a luxury to drink at home, but it's rare. I never keep any sort of carbonated drink around my house (except ginger ale, for a friend who comes over sometimes; I don't drink it myself).

I would start with just trying to only drink soda or alcohol with meals (maybe a glass of alcohol at night, if that's your thing) and keep water near you throughout the day, so when you want a drink it's readily available while soda would take extra effort.
>>
>>7571967
You need to take control of your life before you die from this. Little steps, cut soda, walk more, spend less time online.
Everyone has depression now and again no matter their personal life. It's easier to deal with these things if you're healthy.
>>
>>7571368
try watered down regular grapefruit juice
>>
>>7571368
Tea and I treat myself to an Ovaltine or a Milo.

If I have been working out and sweating away all of my salts I have a mug of Bovril.
>>
>>7572004

worst response in this whole fucking thread.

this guy is used to drinking super sweet sugar sodas all fucking day and wants to stop so you suggest he drinks fucking grapefruit juice?

seriously? fucking grapefruit juice? the most bitter least satisfying shit ever that 90% of people would make a face when drinking?

fucking hate /ck/ worst fucking board

>come in from a long run
>super thirsty
>hot day
>big old glass of grapefruit juice
>damn that hit the spot
>>
>>7571993
not that i disagree but just so you get the bigger picture my pennis is realy fucking tiny and i look ten years older than i am, not sure if its stress or food chemicals so even if i loose all the weight i will be alone forever, i know that its not just about that, i could also get a good job and other perks but it feels like every year it gets more pointless
>>
>>7572027
if you want helathier your skin will be healthier and any wrinkles that make yous seem older will probably start being less obvious. also, half of your dick is buried in your fatty boom boom lap pillow, and if you get healthier your Johnson will be visible outside of your panniculus or whatever the fuck that 'V' of your lap is called.
>>
>>7572048
if you eat healthier*, I'm on mobile.
>>
>>7571368
Water with a splash of grape juice is pretty good.

Frankly, I just drink water most of the time.

Otherwise, it's gin and tonic or rum and juice.

I don't drink soda without alcohol in it.
>>
>>7571659
>OP you really ought to question why you still do sweets, it's not natural to crave past childhood, I think you might find quitting very easy with only 2 weeks of being off the sugar.
Completely untrue. I wish it were true. I've been off sugar for a month and half now, and the only way I maintain it is by keeping none in the house.
>>
i constantly have a glass of tap water near me
i drink orange juice or chocolate milk if i want something sweet
iced tea in the mornings
the vast majority of the time im not even tempted to drink soda anymore
cant drink alcohol cause im on meds so that takes care of that
>>
>>7571368
I drink water, coffee, tea and sometimes juice and smoothies
>>
>>7571368
Hey Op I used to be in the same situation, I was a fatass that would drink up to three 2 liter bottles a day, and hated the taste of water. However I tried doing the South Beach diet and went cold turkey, forcing myself to drink water (would refill the soda bottles with water). By the second week I didn't really have a craving for water.

However I got back to the liquid jew because I would go out to eat with my brother when he came back from Iraq, and we'd drink soda all the time. So I again tried to go cold turkey and wasn't able to. I had to get used to drinking more water again. I would recommend drinking COLD water. Personally I don't miss the caffeine nor the sugar so I got into carbonating my own water, and flavouring it with lime or lemon. Shit can get expensive though so I recommend making your own unit instead of giving the jews more of your money. It's the only thing I drink with meals, and enjoy a cold glass or bottle of water. I don't like juices, coffee or teas so it wasn't a sugar thing for me. Here's a link to help you make your own carbonation unit. Good luck. :)

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home-carbonation-system
>>
>>7571583
fuck off back to yurop or whatever 3rd world country you're from

>>7571604
>he used a WORD?! that isnt 3rd grade baby TIER???!! goddamn amerikkkans and their buzzwords

How's your wife's "friend", Jamal?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.