[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
personal cookbook / recipe list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160411_203009.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_203009.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Do any of you have your own cookbook or recipe list?

I'm starting to lose track of the stuff that I made and liked, and want to also have a printed version that looks nice

At the moment I have a bunch of bookmarks but that's not very handy

Suggestions?

In lack of a more relevant picture, I've used the last thing I made
>>
Oh right, I forgot this board is about fast food, instant noodles, and alcohol

>what was I thinking
>>
>recipes

I have techniques, flavor profiles, and ingredients.

The few dishes I make the same way every time I have memorized.
>>
I story timed my family cookbook on here a couple years ago. I could try and find it in the archive.
>>
>>7570994
Looks good, are those round things mushrooms?
>>
>>7571119
yes
loosely based on this: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/05/crispy-pan-fried-noodle-cake-seafood-recipe.html

except I didn't really like the noodle cake idea so just made regular egg-noodles which I tossed in the wok for a few minutes

>>7571112
I'm curious, if it's not too much trouble

I think I'll just come up with a kind of template that I will fill in with text, and then attach pictures separately once printed and bound in a folder or something

one of the reasons why I need something like this is that I sometimes want the recipe/ingredients in 3 languages (long story)

so I guess I'll make one myself...
>>
>>7571193
https://warosu.org/ck/thread/6032208
>>
>>7571217
that's pretty cute anon :3

my parents have one of those ~30 year old cookbooks as well

but I'm going for something that's in between: nice standard format for text, and a place in a corner for a picture of the final result

or something like that
>>
File: 1447374349539.jpg (221 KB, 540x513) Image search: [Google]
1447374349539.jpg
221 KB, 540x513
I get the new edition of the CIA textbook whenever it comes out to keep on my shelf for reading material when I have free time at the office. As for personal cookbooks I've had a few throughout the years but now I just have a lockbox I keep all the recipes and shit passed down to me (Slovak, German, French mother and grandmother; all Italian father and grandfather and grandmother). They all loved to cook thankfully so I got all the hand-me-down recipes and cookware from them.

Both parents are kill but I got all their knowledge before they went, brother and sister never were really into cooking so I got all the goodies.

Killer meatball and homemade pasta recipe. You can make fucking tonnes of food for any mass party for cheap and people just rave over it, thanks pa

tl;dr yes I do
>>
>>7571375
that CIA book looks a bit too 'pro' for where I am now desu

and I usually don't make really fancy stuff, especially since I mostly cook for myself

although I might get it for the general instructions it has (the tool and ingredients identification part looks cool)

>lockbox I keep all the recipes and shit passed down to me
nothing passed down yet ;__;
>>
>>7570994
I have a moleskin recipe journal, wrote the recipes out in pencil cause I keep refining them. Have a good number of recipes in it. Recipes are mostly pressure cooker recipes and times to cook specific things, but some foods and desserts passed down through my family for god knows how long, I refined some of the dessert with better quality ingredients and substitutions, they come out better, always modifying them, so writing in pencil comes in handy. I also converted some family food recipes for cooking in pressure cookers, I have no life and friends, I sit there imagining I'll one day publish my motley book of recipes and become famous.
>>
>>7571454
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I would highly recommend that book for anyone wanting to learn how to cook.

It's a school textbook: it starts with the basics and explains every little detail. It also includes a long list of recipes. The most current version is quite expensive, but you can get earlier editions for a fraction of the price. I think that (an earlier edition) is an amazing value for money.
>>
>>7571600

>i keep my pressure cooker recipes in a moleskin journal
>>
>>7571600
I actually like the idea of having the recipes put together in a kind of notebook/journal

or something with a nice cover

but I ain't gonna write all of 'em by hand goddammit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.