[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good recipe for mac and cheese? I want something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
What's a good recipe for mac and cheese? I want something that will give me a nice, cheesy sauce like pictured.
>>
>>7570182
yeah same. every single homemade mac n cheese ive had was dry as a motherfucker and mostly bland
>>
/ck/ will bully me, but i think you should use a mix of processed cheese (e.g. velveeta) and real cheddar. like 50/50.

velveeta makes everything smooth and silky. real cheese for the flavor and richness.
>>
that looks like it was made with an evaporated milk sauce. or possibly cheese whiz.

>>7570198
add mustard and more cheese, and parmesan or asiago, and use less noodles if it's dry.
>>
>>7570202
I'm good with some processed shortcut foods but velveeta just tastes like shit in my opinion.
>>
Stove top with a bechamel sauce base.
>>
File: cheese thread.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cheese thread.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>>7570182

Boil yourself some macaroni and drain it when you have the texture you like. Make a bechamel sauce with grated flakes of whatever cheese you want to use (I recommend a mix of gouda, mozzarella, and Mexican shredded cheeses but you can use literally any kind if you grate it fine enough or add sodium citrate to it beforehand if it's a harder cheese). Mix the sauce with the macaroni, then dump the whole thing into a baking tray and add some crumbled cheetos and sprinkle some more cheese on top. Throw your tray in the oven on broil until it gets a nice crispy upper crust.

Optional: add crumbled chorizo to the mix before baking, and have a bottle of Frank's Red Hot handy.
>>
>>7570210
chorizo actually sounds ToTaLlY aMaZe-BalLz
>>
File: IMG_20160414_180720.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_180720.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Most of the time I make a roux and add milk, then cheese.
Why does this keep happening when I add the cheese?
>>
>>7570211

It really is, I usually get the cheap kind made with lymph nodes because it's like $5 for 4lbs.
>>
Here ya go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ6j0xBk9NU
>>
>>7570182
Those noodles are huge
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 400x400
Use Campbell's cheese sauce/soup. Mmm mm good.
>>
>>7570246

Milk is too hot. Turn the heat to low, then when the milk starts to steam turn off the heat and add your cheese. What you're seeing there is curdled milk.
>>
>>7570262
Ah, okay.
So when I'm thickening the milk with the roux I'm using too much heat. Should I also let it cool more before I add the cheese?
>>
>>7570267

>Should I also let it cool more before I add the cheese?

No, because then the cheese will not melt quickly.
>>
>>7570271
Okay, thanks Senpai.
>>
File: lidsblog.jpg (141 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
lidsblog.jpg
141 KB, 500x357
>>
>>7570202
>processed cheese

i got a better idea, kill yourself
>>
Sauté minced yellow onion in 2 tbsp butter & oil
Add flour to create a roux
Add in cold heavy whipping cream to make sauce
Once warm add cheddar and gruyere cheese
Add your cooked macaroni shells to sauce

Create gremolata (parsley, garlic and lemon zest)
Put later in bottom of brûlée dish
Add layer of finished mac n cheese
Top with bread crumbs
Into oven for 10 minutes at 375F or until crust is golden brown

Serve
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.