[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ingredients that automatically ruin food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: CilantroBunchMain.jpg (23 KB, 406x250) Image search: [Google]
CilantroBunchMain.jpg
23 KB, 406x250
ITT: Ingredients that automatically ruin food
>>
Thank god I grew up and no longer think that
>>
>>7568164
hating cilantro is genetic apparently:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.2096

OP is still a faggot though.
>>
File: ever think of that.jpg (117 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
ever think of that.jpg
117 KB, 600x602
Strangely, some people are adverse to cilantro because they perceive a soapy aftertaste. And, as it turns out, your genetics may play a role in whether you taste that odd flavor or not.
>>
fuck cilantro desu
>>
>>7568164
pic not related
>>
>>7568164
Tfw you're op and you realize you can't enjoy humanity's favorite herb because you're a genetic mess
>>
>>7568219
Specifically, experiencing a soapy taste is genetic, but isn't directly correlated with hating it. All the more evidence that it's an acquired taste and OP needs to sack up.
>>
I see people blaming genetics on cilantro hate all the time on /ck/. But I remember watching food network 15+ years ago and many of the hosts (Sara Moulton, Ming Tsai etc.) said lots of people start out hating it and eventually grow to love it with repeated exposure.

I've found that to be true in my case. It started out tasting exactly like soap. But I've had it so many times in tolerable quantities that by the time I was around 25, I realized I loved it.
>>
>>7568164

>ingredients that automatically ruin food

No. Such. Thing.

Isn't there already a picky eater shitposting thread you could have posted this in?
>>
I don't mind cilantro, but I hate kale.

Spinach and red leaf lettuce are the best leafy salad greens.
>>
>>7568296
>I hate kale
Even cooked? I hate kale in a salad unless it's really tiny baby kale. But cooked with some smoked pork product/onions/chicken broth or with a bit of tomato and chili is delicious imo. It's a very mild green compared to something like collards or mustard greens.

It's one of my favorite leafy greens, but it's a mistake to add it to salad if you ask me. Cook that shit.
>>
brusselsprouts
>>
>>7568229
fuck you desu
>>
For me it's pineapple/ananas. Somehow i can't stand the taste. Pretty much like everything else except chicory and red beetroot.
>>
I really don't like pickled vegetables because it reminds me of the way a corpse smells and it tends to overpower other ingredients
>>
Pineapple and banana are the worst.
>>
>>7568289
>I Stockholm Syndromed myself into liking thing
>>
Apple. I like apples on it's own but incorperated into a dish makes everything shit. Maybe with chocolate it would be ok for me.
>>
tomatoes. They make me puke my guts
>>
>>7568894
I bet you are the type that likes ketchup but hates tomatoes
>>
>>7568164
Poo. I've never encountered a dish that tasted any good with poo in it.
>>
>tastes like soap

...did you guys actually taste soap or something? what the fuck?
>>
>>7569033
Check it out this is gonna blow your mind - things usually taste the same as how they smell
>>
>>7568906
Not that anon, but I don't like raw tomatoes except in something like Pico de gallo. I do like cooked tomatoes in many different dishes though.
>>
>>7568906
What's bad about ketchup, honestly. I don't get how people can complain about ketchup but not something like pickles, which are also overwhelmingly sour
>>
>>7568858
Pineapples is natural. Pineapple flesh and juice is a natural meat tenderizing chemical so eating Raw Pineapple can hurt your mouth, lips, and tongue for some people. The pain and irritation is from the pineapple juice literally breaking down your flesh.
>>
>>7569033
Lol didn't ur mum ever need 2 cleanse ur filthy mouth as a lad, m8?

> wow, I bet u never even snuck out l8 at nite to go cause a ruckus w/ur chums
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.