[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else use these? I have a ton of them and its what I normally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: cafeteria-tray.png (330 KB, 627x436) Image search: [Google]
cafeteria-tray.png
330 KB, 627x436
Anyone else use these? I have a ton of them and its what I normally use. Its easy to clean, keeps portions from touching, and is practical. I had a girl over for dinner and served dinner on one of my trays and she seemed uncomfortable and I think she was making fun of me. I guess its time to get some fancy plates.
>>
What prison allows you to use the internet?
>>
>>7567926
Lol
>>
>>7567915
>keeps portions from touching
The components of most meals I prepare taste good together. I don't see that as a plus in most cases.
>>
That seems like a hassle to wash after, they're too big
>>
>>7567915
>I had a girl over for dinner and served dinner on one of my trays
kys
>>
>>7567950
No all you do is throw the whole thing in the dishwasher and everything comes off easy. Also its less stuff to wash, instead of washing 5 plates or bowls its just one tray.
>>
>>7567915
They are a pain in the ass to clean. All those corners. Just use a plate man
>>
>>7567976
I will, any recommendations for nice plastic or metal ones?
>>
>>7568007
You know if you get glass plates, you can microwave them.
>>
>>7568015
If i'm around glass anything I'll probably break it

;_;
>>
paper plates are better
>>
>>7568063
If you can't be trusted with glass or ceramic I don't know how you can be trusted with metal
>>
>>7568063
Consider Corelle brand plates/bowls/etc. They're dishwasher and microwave safe, inexpensive, and very durable. I've dropped them on numerous occasions with never so much as a chip.
>>
>>7567915
>easy to clean
fucking liar

What are you? 5 years old?

>practical
This shit takes up way more room than a fucking plate.

>she seemed uncomfortable and I think she was making fun of me
I would too. I bet she felt like she was stuck in a prison or middle school.
>>
>>7568072
If you're a certified pleb, sure.

>>7568075
2nding Corelle
>>
>>7568078
>clean
How is that not easy to clean? Just stick it in a dishwasher. If you don't have one then it's easy to wipe down in the sink.

>>portions
I agree. WTF, OP? Who cares if the foods touch?

>>practical
Yeah, it's larger than a plate, but it's easier to store (and move) than a combination of dinner plate, side plate, bowl, etc that it replaces.

>>make fun of OP
Yeah, I'd do the same. Who the fuck wants to feel like they're in a cafeteria when they eat at home?
>>
>>7567915
picture with timestamp ( and food in one of them) or bait...
>>
>>7568090
>Who cares if the foods touch?
did you miss the thread about fucked up shit your family does and someone mentioned his brother wouldn´t eat food that touches? the whole thread diagnosed him as legit autistic
>>
>>7568090
>>7567972

You can just stick plates in the dishwasher too you know. Why are you using more than one plate for a single meal?
>>
>>7568243
>>Why are you using more than one plate for a single meal?

Cup of soup
Small plate or bowl on the side for salad
Another plate for bread/rolls/etc
Then the actual plate containing the main part of the meal
Maybe a small bowl or two for dipping sauce(s)

Clearly not every meal would require that, but many would.
>>
>>7568243
>Why are you using more than one plate for a single meal?
>soup, main course, salad on the side?
>>
>>7567915
Top cuck
>>
>>7568243
Different things like they said. If you put it all on a big plate they get mixed up and messy.
>>
the only people who use trays to eat are anyone under the age of 10, the mentally retarded and/or otherwise disabled, some geriatrics, and prisoners.

if you are any of the above, you may continue to eat using your autism trays, otherwise please cease and desist immediately.
>>
>>7568258
Just put everything on one plate apart from the soup.
I never understood why people would put their salad on a different plate.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (195 KB, 818x600) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
195 KB, 818x600
pff, I don't use plates or anything I just put my food onto the package that it came in.
>>
File: good tray.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
good tray.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>7568690
>soggy bread
>bean juice all over the salad
>drippins all over everything
>halfway through everything is just one big mass of fuck
>ketchup gets on dessert
>having to carry a bunch of plates to the bedroom if I use different plates

You guys call me the autistic, well enjoy having shitty messed up food, doing a bunch of dishes, and carrying a bunch of plates and bowls around. I'm a one tray man.
>>
>>7568714
>>soggy bread
I hope you're not always eating bread with donner
>>bean juice all over the salad
Not an issue
>>drippins all over everything
Best part
>>halfway through everything is just one big mass of fuck
Only if you're a child and are not careful.
>>ketchup gets on dessert
You're not supposed to eat the main meal and dessert at the same time
>>having to carry a bunch of plates to the bedroom if I use different plates
You really are a man child. Who the fuck doesn't eat at the dinning table?
>You guys call me the autistic, well enjoy having shitty messed up food, doing a bunch of dishes, and carrying a bunch of plates and bowls around. I'm a one tray man.
It's obvious that you're a lost cause.
>>
>>7568072
Styrofoam plates are the best when I honestly just don't feel like washing plates. But unless I'm having a party or something, I'd never serve a guest on one.
>>
>>7568714
I was going to buy some military surplus trays that looked like that. However they were ungodly overpriced, so I skipped. Still want a set though.
>>
>>7567915
it's just that it's a little bit weird to literally only have those plates.

just fyi.
>>
>>7568075
>>7568084
Alternately though, when Corelle breaks, it really fucking breaks.
>>
>>7567915
ikeacore
>>
>>7568784
You can't put styrofoam in the recycling, and you can put paper in, so styrofoam is not a good choice.
>>
File: prison.jpg (31 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
prison.jpg
31 KB, 340x255
>>
>>7568714
>You guys call me the autistic, well enjoy having shitty messed up food, doing a bunch of dishes, and carrying a bunch of plates and bowls around. I'm a one tray man

itt we learn how to justify being a complete fucking weirdo with neon colored plastic kids cuisine plates
>>
The Peter Pan syndrome is strong with this thread.

Either that or OP was committed once and these trays bring him some kind of morbid comfort.
>>
OP they make plates with dividers that at least look nicer than fucking cafeteria trays, you know.
>>
>>7568714
>having to carry a bunch of plates to the bedroom
wait, you eat in your bedroom? confirmed for manchild
>>
>>7568929
It makes a weird noise when it shatters, like the scream of some eldritch demon being released.
>>
File: dailyspecial-thali-lunch-dinner.jpg (532 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dailyspecial-thali-lunch-dinner.jpg
532 KB, 1600x1200
>>7567915
OP confirmed for poo in loo
>>
>>7567915
No we stopped using these after pre school
>>
>>7567915
You don't know how to cook, evidently.
>>
>>7568075
I'll third this shit. Parents gave me a set of plates when I moved out. Still going strong, but I got some more on clearance for super fucking cheap.
>>
>>7567915
I'm a military man I like a military meal. I like my string beans quarantined. I like a little fortress around my mashed potatoes, so my meat loaf don't invade my mashed potatoes and cause mixin' in my plate. I hate it when my food touches. And don't let your food touch either.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.