[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tried following this recipe: https://youtu.be/rrib8x0CKb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (21 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
21 KB, 300x168
>tried following this recipe: https://youtu.be/rrib8x0CKb8
>bought $60 worth of ingredients
>one of the ingredients smells like sweaty half wiped ass on a summer day
>it won't be like that once it's cooked, I'm sure
>sure enough it tasted like heavily salted dogshit

It's usually the recipe's fault right? R-right guys?
>>
>>7567595
What ingredient was it, I find cummin to smell straight up like sweaty armpits but I like the flavor once it's cooked. Of course don't overdo it, otherwise it ends up overcoming the whole dish.

Next time try using less than what the recipe indicates.
>>
>>7567595
The fermented black beans and or Dou Ban Jiang, right?

Use less or leave out.
>>
>>7567639

Probably those. And if they still smell in the finished dish either OP used waaaay too much, or he didn't cook them out properly before continuing with the dish. The taste of douchi or tobanjiang cooked is very different than straight out of the container.
>>
That is a RETARDED amount of bean paste. this recipe should have 1 TEASPOON of each.

So in this case, yes, the recipe is at fault. that would be like adding a jar of vegemite to a beef stew, it's way, way overboard. This guy much have the tastebuds of an howler monkey that's been in a forest fire.
>>
>>7567682
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>7567674
>douchi
>dookie
>>
>>7567629
>>7567639
>>7567674
Fucking hell I used a fist full of it like the vid
>>
>>7567595

http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/03/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/

try this one if you're not put off from the recipe forever
>>
>>7567772

Seems legit except for the western-style chicken stock; the chinese kind uses very different aromatics than western.
>>
>>7567595
ma poo tofu nigga
>>
>>7567682
>the tastebuds of an howler monkey that's been in a forest fire.

lol
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.