[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is putting mayo on your fries acceptable in your country? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 1024x768
Is putting mayo on your fries acceptable in your country?

I'm from Canada and I'm considered an outcast because I prefer mayo while finding ketchup disgusting.
>>
>>7567431
It's acceptable any place in the world where people aren't judgemental pricks.
>>
>>7567431
i'm from third world
it usually is
>>
I'm from America and have preferred mayo since I was a little kid, and never gave a second thought to what other people do.
>>
>>7567433
Low test, high estrogen beta male detected
>>
>>7567431
I'm not gonna judge people for what they put on their fries, but I'm way more likely to be friends with that person if they use Tabasco or Sriracha. Ketchup has no effect on my opinion. Mayo is gross imo so I'd tease you about it in a friendly way.
>>
Lemon juice is better.
>>
>>7567439

that's fucking awful
>>
>>7567438
I'd tell you to fuck off and hook you in the gabber

Then i'd pull my pants down, and squeeze mayo all over my cock and make you lick it off like the slut you are
>>
Lemme teach you, young grasshopper.
>mayo
>pickled cucumbers, chopped to cubes
>brine from said pickles
>salt
>pepper
>squeeze of lemon juice
>BAM, home-made taratare sauce
>>
My go-to dip for fries is 3 parts mustard, 1 part mayo. It's the best.

Ketchup that isn't spicy is absolutely haraam
>>
>>7567431
no one ever looked a me funny when i go to quebec
>>
No

Putting aioli on fries however is
>>
>>7567431
Mayo mixed with ketchup and Cajun seasoning is excellent as a dipping sauce.
>>
Definitely not a thing in western Canada. The only person I've seen do it was an obese guy who asked for mcchicken sauce.
>>
>>7567431

I like mayo and ketchup at the same time
>>
Italy/Switzerland.
Yeah, it's fine. We also put mayo on hot dogs.
>>
File: 1370803818188.gif (746 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1370803818188.gif
746 KB, 400x225
When I go to Bob's Burgers and Brew here in the north Seattle area, I always ask the QT 3.14 waitress to bring me a side of tartar sauce and I dip my fries in that. Try it, my brethren.
>>
Fuckin americans always judging people for what others eat when all they eat is processed crap.
>>
amerifat here, I don't see people doing it. I tried it the other day because they gave me mayo instead of ketchup at chik fil a and it was OK.
>>
>>7567564

>fuckin americans shitpost
>didn't even try to read the thread
>>
>>7567431
Here everyone uses it with variations. I was int he UK once and shocked that they didn't have any majo at the chips stands..

My go to and it is typical dutch is; majo, curry ketchup (apparently it is called this way in English, we just call it curry sauce) and a raw diced onion. It is what we call a fries special.

We also have a fries "war" edition which is peanut sauce, majo and raw onion.

Overall all fries get served with majo here.
I love mixing it with stuff, majo and apple sauce is fucking good.
>>
>>7567508
4chan /ck/ meet up when?
>>
>prefer mayo while finding ketchup disgusting

who cares, it's pleb either way
>>
>>7567470
I always use mustard and mayo together, on sandwiches too. I only have mayo if there's mustard too.
>>
Belgium here, no problem with fries + mayo
ketchup is like a kid's thing here
I prefer samurai sauce, which is mayo + chili peppers
>>
>>7567431
To me any sauce is acceptable.
>>
>>7567431
Mayo is the norm here, I don't know anyone that has ketchup with their fries.
>>
>>7567586
You're all right anon. I do the same thing.

Generally I don't enjoy mayo on its own unless it is a light amount.
>>
>>7567597
>I prefer samurai sauce, which is mayo + chili peppers

Had while in belgium, shit's delicious.

I've never understood mayo+chips though, I need acidity to cut through the deep fried potato, not creaminess.

Feels weird. Salt, vinegar, and a little ketchup imo.
>>
>>7567579
I think mayo is more popular now we have lots of mayo versions in supermarkets now usually more than ketchup.

Transitioned to mayo based products for my chips thesedays.
>>
>>7567431
Here, people look at me weird.
Most eat their fries with [spoiler]remoulade.[/spoiler]
Guess where I'm from :^]
>>
>>7567508
>>7567582
Seattle area cu/ck/ society
>>
>>7567761
Canada?
>>
Trick I learned eating shitty food in the navy was to get some mayo and your favorite hot sauce, stir them together. Makes an excellent dipping sauce.
>>
>>7567798

You truly learn life skills in the navy that no civilian will ever think of or have access to.

Thank you for this revelation, and thank you for your service.
>>
>>7567807
Of course. Let me know if you try it
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (873 KB, 2178x3871) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
873 KB, 2178x3871
>>7567831
It's great my friend
>>
in Argentina, we always used mayo for fries. I didn't even know ketchup existed until I came to America when I was 10 years old.

we also use a ton of salsa golf, pic related
>>
>>7567431
french fries in a milkshake or youre a pleb
>>
>>7567885

>salsa golf

Is that what they call pepto bismol in Argentina?

I like your tango, by the way.
>>
People think I'm weird for using mayo in America, till they try it and see how tasty it is.
>>
>>7567900
I think it's weird mainly because you are putting extra fat on an already greasy product. I can't deny it's tasty. Especially if you make your own mayo/aioli and/or flavor it with things
>>
File: IMG_1983[1].jpg (254 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1983[1].jpg
254 KB, 1080x720
Any other sauce>ketchup>mayo
all people acting like ketchup is patented fries and nobody can`t eat fries without "ketchup watermark" or else ketchup sue them.My choice is paprika sauce
>>
>>7567896
No, it's basically their version of thousand island
>>
>>7567684
Do black people dislike lemon?

I just don't like watery, harshly acidic fries.
>>
Yeah, but it's mixed with ketchup, mustard (maybe a touch of paprika) and called fry sauce.
>>
>>7567433
This.

But only for children, obviously.
>>
>>7567431
Went to Holland last year.

They literally smother everything in mayo. It was fucking disgusting
>>
>>7567684

Good job mods, wouldn't want to scare the redditors away now would we?

>>7567431
It's only weird in America because minorities don't like mayo and ridicule everyone who does
>>
>>7567597
>I prefer samurai sauce, which is mayo + chili peppers

That sounds really good
>>
>>7567761
I'm going to guess France
>>
it's not frowned upon here, but people will give you shit for it as we consider aioli to be the best sauce for chips.
>>
>>7568879
>Minorities don't like Mayo.
I can't eat a sandwich with processed lunch meat without a bit of mayo or Miracle Whip.

This meme was never true.
>>
According to google, mayo is top in Slavic cunts and Japan. Weird.
>>
>>7567431
the place of origin of Fries is Belgium. They eat it with Mayo (although, Belgian/Dutch Mayo is different and far superior to North American Mayo).

Therefore, eating fries with Mayo is actually normal. Eating them with ketchup is degenerate.
>>
>>7569431
The place of origin of cut potatoes fried in fat is almost assuredly unknown.
>>
It's a European and Canadian thing because it simulates the consistency of semen
>>
>>7567431

Only fags eat fries with catsup. Mayo is goat condiment for fries. Don't believe me? Give me your address and I will come shit on your dinner fuccboi.
>>
>>7567431
>not dipping your fries in remoulade

plebs to a man
>>
File: CreamTartar.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
CreamTartar.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>7567467
>forgetting the definitive ingredient
>>
>>7569371
>Miracle Whip

Fucking animal
>>
>>7570254
??????????
How do you not like it?
It tastes very strong.
>>
>>7570265
>It tastes very strong.

Of shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-18-00-15-09.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-18-00-15-09.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>7570270
No, you misunderstood. The taste is very hard to describe but in layman's terms it's "very strong"

https://youtu.be/6gk_wBDInQ8
Here's a video to explain it for your small brain
>>
Fries toppings tier list:

God tier:
Special house sauces (in my experience)

Top tier:
Spicy mayo
Tartar
Acidic ketchup (Heinz-style)

Good tier:
Au jus
Curry ketchup

Ok tier:
Mayo

Circumstances have driven me here tier:
Plain

Please lord let the suffering end tier:
Overly sweet garbage shit ketchup (Del Monte)

May God have mercy on the soul who put the recipe together for Del Monte's ketchup and damn to hell those who offer it at restaurants.
>>
>>7567453
> 16 hours later
> no reply for all the effort you put in

Don't worry, buddy, some of us care
>>
>>7567431
LADS
SWEET BBQ SAUCE
TRY IT
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 853x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 853x800
Honestly mayonnaise is the better French fry condiment, but Americans can't know about this or they will literally all die. They have to remain ignorant or delude themselves into thinking ketchup is better. It's basically their one of very few sources of vegetables. And God forbid if we replaced that with even more fat.
>>
File: MBHtscb[1].jpg (18 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
MBHtscb[1].jpg
18 KB, 500x364
>>7570312
>>
>>7570220
you might wannan see a doctor if you cum is like mayo
>>
>>7569444
it is known you idiot. It's just not 100% agreed upon if it was in the french parts of current Belgium, or France, but Belgium more likely.
>>
>>7569431
>>7569431
>Belgian/Dutch Mayo is different and far superior to North American Mayo
There's a difference between Belgian and Dutch mayo too. Belgian is less creamy, more acidic, usually from lemon juice. Dutch (often called 'fritesauce'), is very sweet and creamy. I love both.
>>
>>7570614
>There's a difference between Belgian and Dutch mayo too. Belgian is less creamy, more acidic, usually from lemon juice. Dutch (often called 'fritesauce'), is very sweet and creamy. I love both.
Dutch fritesauce =/= Dutch mayo

But yes, I know of the differences between the Dutch mayo, Dutch fritesauce, and Belgian Mayo(which I prefer). All of these are superior to north american mayo.
>>
File: burgerandsushi.jpg (140 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
burgerandsushi.jpg
140 KB, 1000x750
>>7570293
>in-house made spicy mayo with Sweet Potato Fries

>>7570302
>how to spot a nigger
>>
File: 1458206138392.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1458206138392.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>7567597
is it like pic related? Any recipe?
>>
>>7567431
I've done it before but I don't think it's very common.
>>
I think I'm the only person among my group of friends that doesn't like mayonnaise.
>>
>>7567431
Ive been to a few restaurants that have this creamy and spicy sauce for their fries and they never have a name for it, just "fry sauce"
any idea what it is?
>>
>>7570816

mayonnaise mixed with other shit
>>
Netherlands here, not having a big slab of roomtemperature mayonaise with your large cut fries is pretty much considered weird. I think mayonaise around here has a lot less noticable egg taste though.

Dog bless our snackbar culture.
>>
>>7567579
>I was int he UK once and shocked that they didn't have any majo at the chips stands..

Like 30 years ago? Because they've had mayo all my life.
>>
>>7570816

It's basically mayonnaise with ketchup
>>
>not using salad cream

Step it up, boyos
>>
I usually mix up ketchup and mayo, but only yogurt based mayonnaise (yogonaise)
>>
Animal style is the only acceptable fry topping
>>
>>7567431
I'm from the Netherlands and live in England, they all think its weird I like mayo on my fries and don't like them to be thick cut
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.